THANK YOU to all Patriots fans that made a difference through the book, food, coat and toy collections at this season's Patriots home games!
This Week We Celebrate Homelessness Awareness Volunteerism!
For the week of November 11, the Patriots Charitable Foundation will work in cooperation with the Woman's Lunch Place and the Rhode Island Family Shelter.
How do homelessness awareness volunteers make an impact? Woman's Lunch Place
RI Family Shelter
- We serve breakfast and lunch to approximately 150 guests every day, as well as provide advocacy, medical care, creative arts, emergency clothing and classes to those guests with only 10 staff members. We train volunteers to provide these services.
- We would and could not exist without our volunteers.
- Our volunteers often report that they have made important life connections at our shelter with other volunteers.
- Volunteers can use their specific skills in a meaningful way.
- You are helping families that lack the most basic of necessities, that of a home.
- You are helping families to stay together in the time of their most dire crisis.
- You are helping families to have a comfortable, temporary home environment.
- You are CARING at a time when others have turned their backs.
Congratulations to this week's "Patriots Difference Maker" - Kate Ebbott
Kate Ebbott,Volunteer, Woman's Lunch Place
Kate Ebbott has volunteered at the Woman's Lunch Place (WLP) for nearly 11 years. She started commuting form Winchester, Mass. when she still had children at home in the kitchen and now is considered as unpaid staff coming in for two full days per week. One day a week she works on support, doing guest laundry and showers, and on the other day she works in the resource center one on one with the guests. Not only does she support the WLP with monetary donations she is always willing to do anything.
What homelessness awareness volunteer opportunities can I pursue?
Woman's Lunch Place
RI Family Shelter
- Resource center volunteer
- Meal preparation assistant volunteer
- Welcome center volunteer
- All potential volunteers can fill out a volunteer application on line at www.womenslunchplace.org or contact 617-267-1722 extension 37 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Yard work
- Cooking and serving lunch
- Playing games, art & crafts, movies with resident children.
- Contact Patti at 401 739-8584 for more information or to sign up.
The Patriots Charitable Foundation is proud to work in conjunction with the Woman's Lunch Place and RI Family Shelter for "Homelessness Volunteerism Week"
The Woman's Lunch Place
RI Family Shelter
- We are open from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday and provide breakfast, serve lunch, provide showers, laundry services, emergency clothing, medical, social work, advocacy, and legal services, creative arts, friendship for woman in need. We believe no individual should have to be hungry. We depend on private donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and groups
- The RI Family Shelter was founded 24 years ago as the first family shelter in R.I.
Sixteen families are provided with shelter and affordable apartments. More than 4,800 people have been provided with shelter and supportive services. All basic necessities are provided which include shelter, all meals, toiletries, clothing, transportation, general medical needs. Case management is the focus of supportive services which includes parenting, financial budgeting, employment readiness, housing opportunities, health needs, GED tutoring, information and appropriate referrals. All services are provided at no cost.