You are here
Thu., May. 28, 2015 11:55 AM to 2:00 PM EDT
Thu., May. 28, 2015 2:00 PM to 11:59 PM EDT
Fri., May. 29, 2015 12:00 AM to 7:25 PM EDT
Gronkowski nominated for Pepsi Rookie of the Week
Running back LeGARRETTE BLOUNT of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, tight end JERMAINE GRESHAM of the Cincinnati Bengals, tight end ROB GRONKOWSKI of the New England Patriots, cornerback BRYAN McCANN of the Dallas Cowboys and quarterback TIM TEBOW of the Denver Broncos are the finalists for PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on November 14-15, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 9 am ET and ending on Friday at noon ET to determine the PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLV in North Texas.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB LeGARRETTE BLOUNT rushed 19 times for 91 yards and one touchdown in the Buccaneers' 31-16 win over the Carolina Panthers.
- Cincinnati Bengals TE JERMAINE GRESHAM had nine catches for 85 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 23 – 17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- New England Patriots TE ROB GRONKOWSKI caught five passes for 72 yards and three touchdowns in the visiting Patriots' 39-26 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Dallas Cowboys CB BRYAN McCANN had five tackles and one interception returned 101 yards for a touchdown in the Cowboys' 33-20 win over the New York Giants.
- Denver Broncos QB TIM TEBOW had two touchdowns, one rushing and one passing, in the Broncos' 49-29 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- This is Pepsi's ninth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the ninth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.