You are here
Show More Events
Thu., May. 28, 2015 12:00 AM to 11:55 AM EDT
Listen to a replay of PFW in Progress.
Thu., May. 28, 2015 11:55 AM to 2:00 PM EDT
Go behind the pages of Patriots Football Weekly on their online radio show exclusively on Patriots.com. Send in your questions and comments...
Thu., May. 28, 2015 2:00 PM to 11:59 PM EDT
Listen to a replay of the "Best of" Patriots.com Radio programming from this week.
Game Notes: Patriots vs. Buccaneers
Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:26 PM EDT
- The Patriots are 2-0 to start the preseason for the second straight year following the 31-14 win against Tampa Bay.
- The Patriots win was just their second in nine preseason games against the Buccaneers. The Patriots are now 2-7 against the Buccaneers in the preseason. The Patriots are 5-2 against Tampa Bay in the regular season.
- The Patriots starting units made their preseason debut after most of the starting units did not play in the first preseason game vs. Jacksonville.
- QB Tom Brady made his 2011 preseason debut and led the Patriots on three scoring drives in his first three series, including a 16-yard touchdown pass to TE Aaron Hernandez and an 8-yard touchdown pass to WR Chad Ochocinco to culminate the first two drives.
- Brady played the entire first half and helped the Patriots take a 28-0 lead. He finished the game 11-of-19 for 118 yards with two touchdown passes.
- Newly acquired WR Chad Ochocino made his Patriots debut and was in the starting lineup in a three wide receiver set. His first reception as a Patriot was an 8-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady in the first quarter
- First-round draft pick T Nate Solder made his second consecutive start at left tackle in place of Matt Light. Light did not dress for the first two preseason games.
- The Patriots offense finished with 200 rushing yards rushing on 36 attempts for a 5.6 yard average. Last season, the Patriots gained 200 or more yards in both wins against Buffalo.
- RB Danny Woodhead had five carries for 63 yards for a12.6-yard average in first half play. He had three runs of 10 or more yards with runs of 29, 1`4 and 12.
- RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis scored on two 1-yard touchdown runs in the first half. In 2010, Green-Ellis had three games with two touchdowns. Green-Ellis finished with 11 carries for 51 yards for a 4.6-yard average.
- Third-round draft pick RB Stevan Ridley led the team in rushing with 84 yards rushing on 14 carries for a 6.0-yard average. In the preseason-opener vs. Jacksonville, Ridley led the team with 64 yards on 16 carries.
- Third-round QB Ryan Mallett started the second half and split time in the second half with Brian Hoyer. Mallett finished 9-of-14 for 71 yards.
- Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo served as pregame captains.
- For the second straight game, rookie K Chris Koepplin handled the kickoff duties, while K Stephen Gostkowski handled the field goals and extra points.
- Gostkowski is perfect on three field goals of 40 or more yards in the 2011 preseason following field goals of 46 and 43 yards vs. Jacksonville and a 44-yard field goal against Tampa Bay.