You are here
Wed., May. 27, 2015 11:55 AM to 2:00 PM EDT
Thu., May. 28, 2015 12:00 AM to 11:55 AM EDT
Thu., May. 28, 2015 11:55 AM to 2:00 PM EDT
Patriots travel to face the Bills in Buffalo
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (2-0) at BUFFALO BILLS (2-0)
Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. ET
Ralph Wilson Stadium (73,967)
The New England Patriots, who have won 15 straight games against Buffalo, will travel to face the 2-0 Bills at Ralph Wilson stadium. The Patriots have not lost a game to the Bills since a 31-0 loss on opening day of the 2003 season (9/7/03). The 15-game win streak is the third longest winning streak over a single opponent in NFL history.
TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience by CBS and can be seen in Boston on WBZ-TV Channel 4. Marv Albert will handle playby- play duties with Rich Gannon providing color.
NATIONAL RADIO: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience by the Compass Media Network. Chris Carrino and Brian Baldinger will call the game.
RADIO: 98.5 FM, The Sports Hub, is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network's 37 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Gil Santos is in his 35th season as the voice of the Patriots and will call the action along with Patriots Hall of Famer Gino Cappelletti. Scott Zolak will provide sideline analysis.
The Patriots and Bills will meet for the 103rd time, with New England holding a 61-40-1 edge following the Patriots seventh straight series sweep of Buffalo in 2010. The Patriots beat Buffalo 38-30 in the first meeting on Sept. 26 at Gillette followed by a 34-3 win at Buffalo on Dec. 26, 2010.
The Patriots, who have won 15 straight games against Buffalo, have not lost a game to the Bills since a 31-0 loss on opening day of the 2003 season (9/7/03). The 15-game win streak is the third longest winning streak over a single opponent in NFL history.
The series between the AFC East rivals began in 1960. The Patriots' 61 wins over the Bills are their highest victory total over any opponent, ten more than they own over the New York Jets (51). New England has won 15 straight games in the series and has won 20 of its last 22 games against Buffalo dating back to the 2000 season.
The Patriots are 29-21-1 all-time in Buffalo, including 22-15 at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The teams have had many memorable matchups over the years, including a five-game span from 1999 to 2001 where four of the five contests were decided in overtime.
Home Record, 32-19
- Record in Foxborough, 26-14
- Foxboro Stadium, 17-14
- Gillette Stadium, 9-0
- Record in Boston, 6-5
Away Record, 29-21-1
- War Memorial Stadium, 7-6-1
- Ralph Wilson/Rich Stadium, 22-15
- Largest Margin of Victory, 46 points (2007)
- Largest Margin of Defeat, 35 points (1970)
Longest Win Streak, 15 games (current streak)
Bill Belichick vs. Buffalo Bills, 20-3 (20-2 with N.E)
PATRIOTS - BILLS QUICK HITS
- New England has won 15 straight games against Buffalo, their longest series winning streak against an opponent.
- The Patriots are 22-15 all-time at Ralph Wilson Stadium, including wins in their last six trips to Buffalo.
- Bill Belichick is 10-1 at Buffalo as head coach of the Patriots.
- The Patriots are 8-2 at Buffalo in the month of December and 891 at Buffalo when the temperature is below 40 degrees.
- The Patriots have defeated the Bills 20 times in the last 22 games between the teams dating back to 2000.
- The Patriots have won ten straight games against Buffalo at home, including a perfect 9-0 record at Gillette Stadium.
- The Patriots have recorded 61 wins over the Bills, the most by the Patriots against any one opponent.
- Patriots brothers TE Rob Gronkowski and TE Dan Gronkowski grew up in Williamsville, N.Y. just 14 miles outside of Buffalo.
FORMER NFL TEAMATES
- Patriots LB Tracy White and Bills TE David Martin were teammates when they played for the Green Bay Packers in 2006. Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich was teammates with Martin when they played for the Miami Dolphins in 2007. Patriots OL Donald Thomas and Martin were also teammates in Miami in 2008.
- Patriots LB Tracy White played for the Green Bay Packers with Bills LB Nick Barnett from 2006-08.
- Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich played with Bills SS Bryan Scott in New Orleans for the Saints in 2006.
- Bills TE Lee Smith was a fifth-round draft pick for the Patriots in the 2010 NFL draft. He spent training camp with the Patriots before being released and claimed off waivers by the Bills.
- Buffalo Bills Defensive Quality Control Coach Adrian White spent his final year as a player in the NFL with the Patriots in 1993.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
- Bills Head Coach Chan Gailey was the head coach at Georgia Tech from 2002-07, and Patriots LB Gary Guyton played for him during his time with the Yellow Jackets.
- New England S Patrick Chung and Buffalo S Jairus Byrd were four-year teammates at Oregon from 2005-08. The two were also drafted just eight picks apart in the 2009 NFL Draft, with Chung going to the Patriots with the 34th overall pick and Byrd to the Bills at No. 42.
- Patriots DL Myron Pryor and Bills WR Steve Johnson were teammates at Kentucky from 2006-07.
- Patriots rookie RB Stephan Ridley and Bills rookie LB Kelvin Sheppard were teammates at Louisiana State University from 2006-10.
- Patriots LB A.J. Edds and Bills TE Scott Chandler were teammates at the University of Iowa in 2006.
- Patriots LB Brandon Spikes and LB Jermaine Cunningham were teammates at the University of Florida with Bills WR David Nelson from 2006-09. Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez was also a Gator with Nelson from 2007-09.
- Patriots DL Albert Haynesworth and Bills TE David Martin were teammates at the University of Tennessee from 1999- 2000. Patriots DE Shaun Ellis was also teammates with Martin from 1997-99.
- Patriots WR Chad Ochocinco and Bills LB Nick Barnett were teammates at Oregon State in 2000.
The New England Patriots own a 49-14 (.777) record in regular season AFC East games since the beginning of the 2001 season, compiling the best intra-division record of any team in the NFL over the last 10 seasons.
The Patriots extended their win streak to 15 games over Buffalo with a 34-3 win on Dec. 26, 2010. The 15-game win streak over a single opponent is the third longest streak in NFL history against a division opponent.
Tom Brady has led the Patriots to 17 regular season victories over the Bills, recording his highest regular season victory total over any opponent. Brady has compiled 13 consecutive victories over the Bills, marking his longest regular-season winning streak over any opponent. Additionally, Brady has thrown for more touchdowns (39) against Buffalo than any other opponent.
NFL'S BEST ROAD WARRIORS THIS DECADE
Since the start of the 2000 season, the Patriots have the second best regular-season road record at 58-31, behind only Indianapolis (59-30).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
BY THE NUMBERS
The number of straight games where the Patriots had three players with seven or more receptions.
The number of 2011 draft picks that were in the opening day starting lineup after T Nate Solder started at right tackle and S Ras-I Dowling started at cornerback.
The number of turnover the Patriots had in the 35-21 win against San Diego. It was the second straight season that the Patriots had four turnovers against the Chargers.
The number of straight regular season games that TE Rob Gronkowski has had at least one touchdown reception after finishing with 2 vs. San Diego.
The number of receptions that Wes Welker is averaging during his Patriots career with 447 receptions in 63 games, best in franchise history.
The average yards per carry by Danny Woodhead during his Patriots career (115 att. for 628 yards), the best average among any patriots player with at least 100 rushing attempts.
The number of career 100-yard receiving games by Deion Branch after he finished with 8 receptions for 129 yards in the win vs. San Diego last week.
The number of straight games that the Patriots have scored 30 or more points, dating back to last season. That number is a franchise record.
The number of 10-tackle games by LB Jerod Mayo after he finished with a team-high 11 total tackles vs. San Diego.
The number of career rushing touchdowns by BenJarvus Green- Ellis. He is the 10th player in Patriots history to record 20 or more touchdowns. His 20 rushing touchowns rank 10th in team history.
The number of yards that Vince Wilfork returned his first career interception vs. San Diego to help set up a field goal.
The number of total yards by the Patriots in the win at Miami in the season opener, a franchise record. The previous best was 619 yards vs. Tennessee (10/18/09).
TOM BRADY BY THE NUMBERS
The number of NFL quarterbacks that followed a 500-yard performance with a 400-yard performance after Brady had backto- back games with 517 yards and 423 yards.
The number of times that Brady has finished a season with 25 or more touchdowns. He is the sixth QB in NFL history to have 25 or more touchdown passes in at least six different seasons.
The number of times Tom Brady has passed for 3,000 or more yards in a season, a franchise record for most 3,000-yard seasons. He finished the season with 3,900 yards.
The number of times an NFL quarterback has thrown for 500 or more yards after Brady threw for 517 in the 2011 opener at Miami.
The number of times Tom Brady has earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors. He earned in the 2011 seasonopener after throwing for a 517 yards and four touchowns.
The number of NFL quarterbacks that have reached 35,000 yards after Brady (35,261) reached the milestone at Miami.
The number of consecutive regular-season starts that Tom Brady has won at Gillette Stadium, setting an NFL record for most consecutive home wins by a starting quarterback in the regular season.
The number of touchdown passes thrown by Brady in 2010 to lead the NFL. He is one of just 13 players since the 1970 merger to have at least two 30 touchdown seasons. He set an NFL record with 50 in 2007.
The number of regular-season 300-yard passing games by Tom Brady, a team record. He is tied with John Elway for 10th place for the most 300-yard games in NFL history.
The number of times that Brady has thrown two or more touchdowns in a game. The Patriots are 72-12 when he throws for two or more touchdowns.
The number of wins that Brady has as a starting quarterback. He reached the 100-win milestone in the fewest number of starts (131) among all quarterbacks in the modern era.
The number of passing yards by Brady in the first two games (517, 423). Brady's 940 yards ranks second all-time in consecutive games to Phil Simms, who holds the record with 945 yards (432 yards and 513 yards).
THE KRAFT ERA
The number of Super Bowl championships the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Only Denver (2; 1997 and 1998) and Pittsburgh (2; 2005 and 2008) have won multiple Super Bowl titles since 1994.
The number of conference championships the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Pittsburgh is second with three conference titles since 1994.
The number of division championships won by the Patriots since Kraft purchased the team in 1994.
The number of playoff seasons earned by the Patriots in the 17 seasons since Robert Kraft purchased the team.
The number of playoff games the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Pittsburgh ranks second with 15 playoff wins over that span.
The number of playoff games the Patriots have appeared in since 1994. The mark is tied with Pittsburgh for the most playoff games during that time period.
THE BELICHICK ERA
Bill Belichick is one of just four coaches to win three championships since the Super Bowl era began. Belichick joins three members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the exclusive club (Chuck Noll 4, Joe Gibbs 3 and Bill Walsh 3). Belichick is the only coach to win three Super Bowls in the post-1993 salary cap era and the only one to ever win three in four years.
Bill Belichick has 179 career victories as a head coach, including playoff games. Belichick is in sole possession of 10th place in alltime coaching victories.
PATRIOTS DEDICATE 2011 SEASON TO MYRA KRAFT
The New England Patriots announced that they will dedicate the 2011 season to the loving memory of Myra Kraft, who passed away on July 20 after a courageous battle with cancer. Every Patriots player and coach will honor Myra's memory by wearing a patch with her initials on it in recognition of her lifelong contributions to the local and global community and her influence on the charitable mission of the entire Patriots organization. The patch will be worn on the left chest of every player throughout the season. Last Sunday, 70,000 MHK lapel pins were distributed to fans as they entered the stadium and all that attended observed a moment of silence in memory of Patriots matriarch Myra Kraft.