You are here
Fri., Apr. 29, 2016 6:55 PM to 11:30 PM EDT
Sat., Apr. 30, 2016 12:00 AM to 12:55 PM EDT
Patriots To Promote Breast Cancer Awareness In The Month Of October
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots will promote breast cancer awareness during the month of October as part of the NFL and the American Cancer Society's A Crucial Catch campaign.
Patriots players and coaches will wear pink game apparel on October 2 against the Raiders in Oakland and on October 16 at Gillette Stadium against the Dallas Cowboys. On October 9 against the New York Jets, the team will wear their popular red throwback jerseys.
The Patriots and other NFL breast cancer awareness games will include:
- On-field pink ribbon stencils
- In-stadium A Crucial Catch wall banners
- Pink goal post padding in both end zones
- Special game balls with pink ribbon decals
- Pink coins used for the coin toss
- Pink sideline caps for coaches and team sideline personnel
- Pink ribbon pins to be worn by coaches and team personnel
- Pink equipment for players including: cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals, sideline towels, eye shield decals and quarterback towels
- Pink caps, wristbands, whistles and pins for game officials
- Special pink cheerleading apparel
Game-worn pink merchandise and footballs will be autographed post-game and sold at NFL Auction (www.nfl.com/auction) along with NFL breast cancer awareness official products. Last season, the NFL raised more than $1 million to benefit the American Cancer Society through these auctions.
Pink products will also be available in the Patriots ProShop, with proceeds from sales committed to breast cancer organizations and their important work in the fight against breast cancer.
In 2010, the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation's season-long "Kick Cancer" initiative aimed to raise awareness about cancer and the importance of early detection through messages to fans and the distribution of educational material at home games in partnership with Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital - the founding hospitals of Partners HealthCare - and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Read