You are here
Mon., Jan. 22, 2018 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM EST
Mon., Jan. 22, 2018 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM EST
Tue., Jan. 23, 2018 12:00 AM to 11:55 AM EST
Patriots travel to face the Jets on Sunday night
Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 8:20 p.m. ET
MetLife Stadium (82,500) Read
The New England Patriots will face the New York Jets this week in a battle for first place in the AFC East in a Sunday Night Football contest. The Patriots enter this week's game in a three-way tie for first place with Buffalo and the Jets, all with 5-3 records. It is the first time there has been a three way tie for first place in the AFC East in the second half of the season since Week 16 of 2008. The Patriots will aim for their 14th series sweep after beating the Jets, 30-21, on Oct. 9 at Gillette Stadium in the first meeting. Read
The game this week against the Jets is the second of two straight games against New York opponents after the Patriots faced the Giants last Sunday. It marks the second time in franchise history that the Patriots will face the New York teams in consecutive weeks. In 1990, the Patriots closed out the season with games at the Jets and home against the Giants. It is the 9th time since 2000 that a team has played both New York teams in consecutive weeks and first since the 2009 Saints hosted the New York teams in back-to-back weeks. Read
BROADCAST INFORMATION Read
TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience by NBC and can be seen in Boston on WHDH-TV Channel 7. Al Michaels will handle playby- play duties with Cris Collinsworth providing color. Michele Tafoya will serve as the sideline reporter. Read
NATIONAL RADIO: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience by Westwood One Radio Sports. Dave Sims and James Lofton will call the game. Kevin Kiley will provide sideline analysis. Read
RADIO: 98.5 FM, The Sports Hub, is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network's 37 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Gil Santos is in his 35th season as the voice of the Patriots and will call the action along with Patriots Hall of Famer Gino Cappelletti. Scott Zolak will provide sideline analysis. Read
SERIES HISTORY Read
The teams split the season series in each of the last three seasons with the Patriots riding a two-game losing streak in Jets home games following losses in 2009 and 2010. Read
The all-time series is even at 52-52- 1 after the Patriots beat the Jets, 30- 21, in the first matchup of the year on Oct. 9 at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots will be looking for the 14th sweep in the annual series this week at MetLife Stadium. Read
The Patriots are 24-27 all-time in road games against the Jets, including a loss in their first-ever game played at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 19, 2010. Read
The teams have played in the postseason three times, a 1985 Wild Card game, a 2006 Wild Card game and last season's AFC Divisional game. New England beat the Jets, 26-14 in 1985 at the Meadowlands on their way to Super Bowl XX. In 2006, the Patriots defeated the Jets, 37-16, at Gillette Stadium. Read
New England is 23-14 against the Jets since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. New England's 52 victories over the Jets (including two playoff wins) are the second most over any single opponent, trailing only Buffalo with 61 all-time wins. Read
SERIES BREAKDOWN Read
(Including New England 2, New York 1 in Playoffs) Read
Home Record, 28-25-1 (incl. 1-1 in playoffs)
- Record in Foxborough, 24-19
- Gillette Stadium, 8-4
- Foxboro Stadium, 16-15 Read
Record in Boston, 4-5-1 Read
Record in Birmingham, Alabama, 0-1 Read
Away Record, 24-27 (incl. 1-0 in playoffs)
- New Meadowlands Stadium, 0-1
- Giants Stadium, 17-10 (incl. 1-0 playoffs)
- Shea Stadium, 5-14
- Polo Grounds, 2-2 Read
Seasonal Sweeps, Jets 14 (most recent '00), Patriots 13 ('07) Read
Bill Belichick vs. N.Y. Jets, 15-9 (14-8 with New England) Read
New England Ties Read
- Jets OL Vladimir Ducasse was an All-American lineman at UMass from 2006-09, while Patriots S James Ihedigbo was also an All-American for the UMass football team from 2003- 06.
- Jets DE Mike DeVito is a native of Wellfleet, Mass. and played college football at Maine from 2003-06.
- Jets TE Matthew Mulligan played two years at the University of Maine after transferring from Husson College in Bangor, Maine.
- Jets Head Strength & Conditioning Coach Bill Hughan served as an assistant coach at Yale University in New Haven, Conn. from 1997-98. Former Patriots
- Jets QB Kevin O'Connell was selected by the Patriots in the 2008 NFL Draft 94th overall (third pick). He was with the Patriots for the 2008 season and was released in August of 2009. This is O'Connell's second stint with the Jets.
- Jets Quarterbacks Coach Matt Cavanaugh began his NFL playing career as a quarterback with the Patriots from 1978- 82.
- Jets Wide Receivers Coach Henry Ellard spent part of the 1998 season playing for the Patriots.
- Patriots Defensive Line Coach Pepper Johnson played two seasons with the Jets (1997-98).
- Patriots RB Danny Woodhead was a member of the Jets in 2008 and through the first week of the 2010 season. Woodhead was released by the Jets on Sept. 14 and signed by the Patriots four days later.
- Patriots DE Shaun Ellis played for the Jets for 10 seasons from 2000-10.
- Patriots S James Ihedigbo played for the Jets from 2007-10.
New York Ties
- Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick spent the 1997-1999 seasons as asst. head coach/secondary for the Jets before moving to New England for the 2000 season. The 1998 Jets became AFC East Champions under Belichick's guidance.
- Patriots CB Devin McCourty grew up 21 miles east of MetLife Stadium in Montvale, N.J.
Former NFL Teammates
- Jets QB and 19 year veteran Mark Brunell has been NFL teammates with a few current Patriots. Brunell and Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich were teammates while playing in New Orleans for the Saints in 2008. Brunell was teammates with Patriots DE Andre Carter while playing for the Washington Redskins from 2006-07.
- Patriots LB Tracy White and Jets T Wayne Hunter both played for the Seattle Seahawks from 2003-04. Hunter was also teammates on the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2006 with Patriots G Dan Connolly.
- Patriots WR Wes Welker and Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson were teammates in the spring of 2004 when Welker was on the San Diego Chargers.
RECENT PATRIOTS-JETS GAMES
The Patriots and Jets have played 23 times since 2001, with New England holding a 16-7 advantage in those games. Read
PATRIOTS IN SUNDAY NIGHT GAMES
The Patriots are 17-14 all-time on Sunday Night Football. Read
INSIDE THE NUMBERS Read
BY THE NUMBERS Read
The number of interceptions by Vince Wilfork in 2011. Anthony Pleasant (2001) is the only other Patriots defensive lineman to record two interceptions in the same season. Read
The number of games in 2011 where the Patriots had two players each with 100 or more yards receiving: at Miami (9/12 and vs. NY Giants (11/6). Read
The number of interceptions by Kyle Arrington to give him share of the NFL lead with Eric Weddle (Sea) and Charles Woodson (GB). Read
The number of receptions that Wes Welker is averaging during his Patriots career with 498 receptions in 69 games, best in franchise history. Read
The number of career 100-yard receiving games by Deion Branch after he finished with 8 receptions for 129 yards in the win vs. San Diego (9/18). Read
The number of rushing touchdowns by BenJarvus Green-Ellis since the start of the 2010 season, the fourth most in the NFL. Read
The number of 10-tackle games by LB Jerod Mayo after he finished with a team-high 11 total tackles vs. San Diego (9/18). Read
The number of receptions by Welker in the first eight games, which gives him a pace to finish with 132, which would be the second most in NFL history. Read
The number of total yards by the Patriots in the win at Miami in the season opener, a franchise record. The previous best was 619 yards vs. Tennessee (10/18/09). Read
The number of receiving yards by Wes Welker after eight games. In 2010, Welker led the Patriots with 848 total yards to finish 11th in the AFC. Read
TOM BRADY BY THE NUMBERS Read
The number of NFL quarterbacks that followed a 500-yard performance with a 400-yard performance after Brady had backto- back games with 517 yards and 423 yards. Read
The number of times that Brady has thrown a game-winning touchdown pass in the final minute of the game to turn a deficit into a Patriots win after a final-minute touchdown vs. Dallas (10/16). Read
The number of times that Brady has finished a season with 25 or more touchdowns. He is the sixth QB in NFL history to have 25 or more touchdown passes in at least six different seasons. Read
The number of times Tom Brady has passed for 3,000 or more yards in a season, a franchise record for most 3,000-yard seasons. He finished the season with 3,900 yards. He needs 297 yards passing for his 9th 3,000-yard season. Read
The number of times an NFL quarterback has thrown for 500 or more yards after Brady threw for 517 in the 2011 opener at Miami. Read
The number of NFL quarterbacks that have reached 35,000 yards after Brady (37,447) reached the milestone at Miami (9/12). Read
The number of times that Brady has thrown two or more touchdowns in a game. The Patriots are 74-15 when he throws for two or more touchdowns. Read
The number of wins that Brady has as a starting quarterback. He reached the 100-win milestone in the fewest number of starts (131) among all quarterbacks in the modern era. Read
The number of passing yards Brady needs to get this week to become the second NFL Player (Drew Brees-2011) to reach 3,000 passing yards in just nine games. Read
The number of passing yards Brady had in the first three games (517, 423 and 387) of 2011. Brady's 1,327 yards set the NFL mark for the most passing yards ever in a three-game stretch. Read
THE KRAFT ERA Read
The number of Super Bowl championships the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Only Denver (2; 1997 and 1998) and Pittsburgh (2; 2005 and 2008) have won multiple Super Bowl titles since 1994. Read
The number of conference championships the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Pittsburgh is second with three conference titles since 1994. Read
The number of division championships won by the Patriots since Kraft purchased the team in 1994. Read
The number of playoff seasons earned by the Patriots in the 17 seasons since Robert Kraft purchased the team. Read
The number of playoff games the Patriots have won since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994. That mark is the highest total in the NFL over that span. Pittsburgh ranks second with 15 playoff wins over that span. Read
The number of playoff games the Patriots have appeared in since 1994. The mark is tied with Pittsburgh for the most playoff games during that time period. Read
THE BELICHICK ERA Read
Bill Belichick is one of just four coaches to win three championships since the Super Bowl era began. Belichick joins three members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the exclusive club (Chuck Noll 4, Joe Gibbs 3 and Bill Walsh 3). Belichick is the only coach to win three Super Bowls in the post-1993 salary cap era and the only one to ever win three in four years. Read
Bill Belichick has 182 career victories as a head coach, including playoff games. Belichick is in sole possession of 10th place in alltime coaching victories. Read
PATRIOTS DEDICATE 2011 SEASON TO MYRA KRAFT
The Patriots announced that they will dedicate the 2011 season to the loving memory of Myra Kraft, who passed away on July 20 after a courageous battle with cancer. Every Patriots player and coach will honor Myra's memory by wearing a patch with her initials on it in recognition of her lifelong contributions to the local and global philanthropic community and her influence on the charitable mission of the entire Patriots organization. The patch will be worn on the left chest of every player throughout the season. Read