You are here
Thu., Apr. 26, 2018 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM EDT
Thu., Apr. 26, 2018 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EDT
Fri., Apr. 27, 2018 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM EDT
No Days Off Health Tips presented by HealIt
Lifestyle is your destination for Patriots living. Want to share something about your Patriots lifestyle? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed on Patriots.com represent those of individual authors, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions or policies of the New England Patriots organization, front office staff, coaches and executives. Authors' views are formulated independently from any inside knowledge and/or conversations with Patriots officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted. Additionally, the content of this website, including text, graphics and images, are for informational purposes only. The information provided on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions before undertaking any exercise or nutritional program.
“Don’t just be in the game. Win the game.”
The No.1 U.S compression wraps and tapes manufacturer, Healit™, has joined forces with the New England Patriots to bring fans health, fitness and Patriots-inspired content throughout the 2017 season.
Healit™ systems are the next generation of therapeutic sports and medical compression wraps. Their unique self-adhesive compression wraps and tapes are designed to prepare the body, prevent injury, protect against re-injury and enhance performance. Healit™ wraps and tapes help to reduce swelling, improve blood flow and increase oxygen and nutrient delivery to damaged tissues so you can go faster, work harder and last longer.
The “Patriots Wrap-Up presented by Healit™” will be available on Patriots.com and Patriots social media channels throughout the season. Additionally, Healit™ will have a monthly series published right here on the Lifestyle section of Patriots.com, in which Patriots fans are provided with beneficial health and fitness tips.
Common NFL Injuries 2: Treating Ankle Sprains with Compression:
Lateral ankle sprains are the most common ankle injury among NFL players, but while a serious sprain can mean a spell on the sidelines, a minor one, if managed correctly, shouldn’t keep you out of the game.
Modern training techniques have led to huge gains in speed and strength among NFL players. However, this speed and strength gain, while improving performance, has also led to issues caused by an increased prevalence of ankle injuries.
With players bigger, stronger and faster than ever, the level of force being exerted through the joints is often more than unsupported joints can take. That is why choosing the right compression support for your ankles is more important than ever.
What is an ankle sprain?
A sprained ankle is an injury that occurs when you roll, twist or turn your ankle in an awkward way. This can stretch or tear the tough bands of tissue (ligaments) that help hold your ankle bones together. Ligaments help stabilize joints, preventing excessive movement.
Healit Products: Easy Rip Trainer’s Tape and Shield Grip
- Hold your ankle at a 90-degree angle.
- Start where your toes meet the body of your foot. Hold the loose end of the wrap at the side of your foot. Wrap the ShieldGrip around the ball of your foot twice, keeping it somewhat taut with a light pull.
- Start circling your way around the arch of the foot. Pull the ShieldGrip diagonally from the bottom of the toes across the foot's top and circle it around the ankle.
- Now bring the ShieldGrip diagonally across the top of the foot and under the arch in a figure-eight pattern.
- When you get to the anklebone, wrap the ShieldGrip around the felt piece so it stays in place under the anklebone.
- Continue around the ankle and foot in a figure eight, moving toward the heel on the bottom and toward the calf at the top of the eight.
- The ShieldGrip should cover the entire foot and end several inches above the ankle and use Healit EasyRip Trainer's tape to secure.
- The wrap should be snug but should not cut off circulation to the foot.
Check out our latest ankle sprain ‘How To’ video here: https://healitwrap.com/how-to-use/ankle-sprain/.
Buy now from www.healitwrap.com/shop. Don’t forget… Healit™ compression wraps and tapes are available at www.healitwrap.com. Patriots fans get 10 percent off all orders and FREE shipping when you enter the code PATRIOTS10 at the checkout.
So go forth, get wrapped and “don’t just be in the game … win the game.” Read