- The Patriots are 2-0 to start the preseason for the second straight year following the 31-14 win against Tampa Bay.
- The Patriots win was just their second in nine preseason games against the Buccaneers. The Patriots are now 2-7 against the Buccaneers in the preseason. The Patriots are 5-2 against Tampa Bay in the regular season.
- The Patriots starting units made their preseason debut after most of the starting units did not play in the first preseason game vs. Jacksonville.
Tom Bradymade his 2011 preseason debut and led the Patriots on three scoring drives in his first three series, including a 16-yard touchdown pass to TE Aaron Hernandezand an 8-yard touchdown pass to WR Chad Ochocincoto culminate the first two drives.
- Brady played the entire first half and helped the Patriots take a 28-0 lead. He finished the game 11-of-19 for 118 yards with two touchdown passes.
- Newly acquired WR Chad Ochocino made his Patriots debut and was in the starting lineup in a three wide receiver set. His first reception as a Patriot was an 8-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady in the first quarter
- First-round draft pick T
Nate Soldermade his second consecutive start at left tackle in place of Matt Light. Light did not dress for the first two preseason games.
- The Patriots offense finished with 200 rushing yards rushing on 36 attempts for a 5.6 yard average. Last season, the Patriots gained 200 or more yards in both wins against Buffalo.
Danny Woodheadhad five carries for 63 yards for a12.6-yard average in first half play. He had three runs of 10 or more yards with runs of 29, 1`4 and 12.
BenJarvus Green-Ellisscored on two 1-yard touchdown runs in the first half. In 2010, Green-Ellis had three games with two touchdowns. Green-Ellis finished with 11 carries for 51 yards for a 4.6-yard average.
- Third-round draft pick RB
Stevan Ridleyled the team in rushing with 84 yards rushing on 14 carries for a 6.0-yard average. In the preseason-opener vs. Jacksonville, Ridley led the team with 64 yards on 16 carries.
- Third-round QB
Ryan Mallettstarted the second half and split time in the second half with Brian Hoyer. Mallett finished 9-of-14 for 71 yards.
- For the second straight game, rookie K
Chris Koepplinhandled the kickoff duties, while K Stephen Gostkowskihandled the field goals and extra points.
- Gostkowski is perfect on three field goals of 40 or more yards in the 2011 preseason following field goals of 46 and 43 yards vs. Jacksonville and a 44-yard field goal against Tampa Bay.