Adam Butler was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 5, 2017.
- Made his NFL debut at defensive tackle and made his first career tackle vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Made his first career start at defensive tackle in the win at New Orleans (9/17).
- Made his second-straight start at defensive tackle and totaled three tackles in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Made his third-straight start at defensive tackle while also contributing on special teams vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Made the start at defensive tackle and contributed with two total tackles in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Contributed as a reserve defensive tackle with one tackle in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Appeared in a reserve role along the defensive line and contributed with three total tackles, including a tackle for loss, while also adding the first sack of his career for a 10-yard loss on a second quarter takedown of QB Matt Ryan in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Returned to starting duties on the defensive line and contributed with two tackles in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Played in 49 games with 36 starts and registered 109 tackles, 9.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and five passes defensed.
- Also blocked two extra points while playing special teams.
- Led the Commodore defense with four sacks as a senior in 2016.
- Began collegiate career as an offensive lineman before switching to defensive tackle as a redshirt freshman in 2013.
- Was a two-time first team 5A All-District selection and two-time captain as a junior and senior at Duncanville (Texas) High School.
- Earned team MVP honors as a senior.
- Also earned letters as a thrower in track & field.
- Majored in earth and environmental sciences at Vanderbilt.
- Descendant of Texas children's rights campaigner Edna Gladney, subject of the 1940's film "Blossoms in the Dust".