Alan Branch was re-signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent on March 18, 2015 ... Originally drafted by Arizona in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft ... Signed by Seattle as an unrestricted free agent from Arizona (7/29/11) ... Signed by Buffalo as an unrestricted free agent from Seattle (4/2/13) ... Released by Buffalo (8/24/14) ... Signed by New England as a free agent (10/29/14).
2016 (16/16, 3/3)
- Started all 16 regular-season games and notched a career-high 49 tackles, 1½ sacks, three passes defensed and one forced fumble. Also blocked a field goal and registered a team and career-high eight tackles for loss.
- Started all three playoff contests and posted 14 tackles, a half-sack and one fumble recovery.
- Made the start at defensive tackle vs. Buffalo (10/2) and recorded five total tackles and a sack.
- Recorded three tackles at Cleveland (10/9) and was part of a defensive line that held the Browns to 27 yards rushing after Cleveland entered the Week 5 matchup ranked first in the NFL in rushing yards.
- Amassed a season-high tying six tackles in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16).
- Totaled three tackles and one forced fumble in the win at Pittsburgh (10/23).
- Totaled six tackles and blocked a 54-yard field goal attempt by Jets K Nick Folk in the second quarter of the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27) for the first blocked field goal of his career.
- Totaled a single-game playoff career-high seven tackles in the Divisional round victory vs. Houston (1/14).
- Recovered a key fourth quarter fumble after Dont’a Hightower strip sacked Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan to lead to a Patriots scoring drive that pulled the game within one score in the Super Bowl LI win vs. Atlanta (2/5). Finished the game with three total tackles and a half sack for 1 yard.
2015 (16/15, 2/2)
- Played all 16 regular-season games with 15 starts and totaled 33 tackles, one sack, two passes defensed and two forced fumbles for the NFL’s ninth-ranked defense.
- Started both playoff games and recorded six tackles and one sack.
- Started at defensive tackle and recorded a five-yard sack on Tyrod Taylor in the win at Buffalo (9/20).
- Started at defensive tackle vs. Washington (11/8) and recorded two tackles and forced a Washington fumble that was recovered by the Patriots. The turnover led to a Patriots field goal in a 27-10 win.
- Started at defensive tackle and recorded a season-high five tackles at Miami (1/3).
- Started at defensive tackle and recorded five tackles in the playoff victory vs. Kansas City (1/16).
- Started at defensive tackle and recorded one tackle, sacking Peyton Manning for a six-yard loss in the AFC Championship Game at Denver (1/24).
2014 (8/2, 3/0)
- Recorded three tackles in the Super Bowl XLIX win vs. Seattle (2/1/15).
- Posted two tackles in the AFC Championship win vs. Indianapolis (1/18/15).
- Posted two tackles in the AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore (1/10/15).
- Started and posted three tackles vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Made his first start of the season and posted four tackles in the win at N.Y. Jets (12/21).
- Played in his 100th career game in the win vs. Miami (12/14), finishing with one quarterback hit.
- Posted two tackles in the win at San Diego (12/7).
- Tallied one tackle at Green Bay (11/30).
- Registered two tackles and batted down a Matthew Stafford pass in the fourth quarter of the win vs. Detroit (11/23).
- Posted two tackles in the win at Indianapolis (11/16).
- Made his Patriots debut in the win vs. Denver (11/2).
- Signed by New England as a free agent (10/29).
- Spent training camp with Buffalo but was released prior to the start of the regular season (8/24).
2013 (16/13 - Buffalo)
- Appeared in all 16 regular season games with 13 starts, compiling a career-high 39 tackles and one pass defensed.
- Signed by Buffalo as a free agent (4/2).
2012 (16/16, 2/2 - Seattle)
- Started all 16 regular-season games for the first time in his career, recording 29 tackles, one sack, two passes defensed and his first career fumble recovery.
- Made his second career postseason appearance, starting both playoff games for the Seahawks and finishing with six tackles and one sack for a four-yard loss.
2011 (15/15 - Seattle)
- Started all 15 regular-season games he appeared in along the Seahawks defensive front, posting 34 tackles, a career-high three sacks and two passes defensed.
- Signed by Seattle as a free agent (7/29).
2010 (16/3 - Arizona)
- Appeared in all 16 regular-season games with three starts, totaling 35 tackles, two sacks, one pass defensed and two forced fumbles.
- Strip sacked Matt Hasselbeck in the first quarter at Seattle (10/24) for his first career forced fumble. Finished the game with two sacks.
- Made his first NFL start at defensive end vs. San Francisco (11/29).
2009 (16/0, 2/1 - Arizona)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games and posted 18 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed.
- Made his postseason debut, appearing in both playoff games for the Cardinals and tallied four tackles and a fumble recovery.
- Recorded the first and second sacks of his career, taking down Eli Manning for a total loss of 12 yards in the win at N.Y. Giants (10/25).
- Tallied his first and second career passes defensed vs. Indianapolis (9/27).
2008 (4/0 - Arizona)
- Appeared in four regular-season games, finishing with six tackles.
2007 (11/0 - Arizona)
- Played in 11 regular-season games as a rookie, totaling nine tackles.
- Recorded his first career tackle at Washington (10/21).
- Made his NFL debut vs. Carolina (10/14).
- Missed the first five games of the season due to a hand injury.
- Originally selected by Arizona in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.
- Played in 37 games with 23 starts in three seasons at Michigan, posting career highs with 25 tackles and two sacks as a junior in 2006.
- Started all 13 games at defensive tackle as a junior in 2006, earning first-team All-Big Ten and ESPN All-America honors
- Helped Michigan rank No. 1 in the nation in rush defense, allowing only 43.3 yards per game.
- Played in 12 games with 10 starts as a sophomore in 2005.
- Appeared in 12 games as a reserve defensive lineman as a freshman in 2004.
- Was a defensive lineman and fullback at Cibola HS in Rio Rancho, N.M., where he was named Gatorade Player of the Year in New Mexico, earning All-State and All-District honors as a junior and senior.
- Recorded 200 tackles, six sacks, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception. Also played linebacker, tight end, punter and punt returner in and returned three punts for a touchdown.
- Also lettered three times in basketball.
- Alan and his wife, Ashley, have three daughters.