Brandin Cooks was acquired by the New England Patriots from New Orleans along with a 2017 fourth-round draft selection (118th overall) in a trade in exchange for a 2017 first-round (32nd overall) and a 2017 third-round (103rd overall) draft selection on March 11, 2017 ...Originally drafted by New Orleans in the first round (20th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
2017 (8/7, 3/3)
- Started and caught three passes for 88 yards, including a team-long 54-yard reception in his Patriots debut vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Caught two passes for 37 yards while rushing twice for six yards in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Started and led the team in receiving with 131 yards on five catches, including two for touchdowns in the victory vs. Houston (9/24). Scored his first touchdown in the third quarter on a 42-yard catch-and-run, and later added a game-winning 25-yard touchdown reception while tip-toeing to keep both feet inbounds on the side of the endzone with 23 seconds left in the fourth quarter that put the Patriots ahead for good.
- Started and hauled in three passes for 38 yards while also adding one carry for four yards on a reverse vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Started and led the team in receiving yards with 85 yards on five receptions in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Started and led the team in receiving yards with 93 yards on six receptions, including an over-the-shoulder 42-yard catch with less than 30 seconds left in the first half that put the Patriots on the two-yard line before they ultimately tied the game going into halftime of the victory at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Started and caught four passes for 65 yards including the game's opening score on an 11-yard touchdown reception as a result of a shovel pass from Tom Brady in the second quarter of the win vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Caught five passes for a total of 26 yards in the victory over L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Started and led the team in both targets and receptions, finishing with six catches for 74 yards in the victory at Denver (11/12).
- Started and had a dominating performance with six catches for a game-high 149 yards receiving, highlighted by a 64-yard third quarter touchdown reception from Tom Brady in the 33-8 win at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca. Cooks also hauled in a 52-yard catch in the second quarter marking the second game in 2017 that he has had two receptions of at least 40 yards in the same game.
- Started at wide receiver and led the team in receiving yards with 83 yards on six receptions, including a 5-yard touchdown on a shovel pass from Tom Brady late in the fourth quarter that helped put the game away for the Patriots in their 35-17 victory vs. Miami (11/26). He also added one carry for 11 yards.
- Started and caught two passes for 13 yards while also adding one carry for five yards in the victory at Buffalo (12/3).
- Started and caught one pass for 38 yards at Miami (12/11).
- Started at receiver and caught four passes for 60 yards, including a 43-yard reception in the first quarter that helped set up the Patriots first score of the game in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Started and caught two passes for 19 yards in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24), giving him 1,003 receiving yards on the year and marking the third-straight season that he has reached 1,000 yards. He also rushed once on an end-around for a 6-yard gain.
- Started and caught five passes for a game-high 79 yards and a second-quarter touchdown reception, while also rushing three times for eight yards in the win vs.N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Made his postseason debut in a starting role at wide receiver and caught three passes for 32 yards in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Started at receiver and was a major contributor on offense with six catches for 100 yards, including a 31-yard reception on the opening drive that helped set up a field goal in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21). He also drew a pass interference call that resulted in a 32-yard penalty that led to the Patriots first touchdown at the end of the first half.
- Started at receiver and caught one pass for 23 yards before exiting the game in the second quarter due to injury in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4). Also rushed once for one yard.
2016 (16/12 - New Orleans)
- Appeared in all 16 games with 12 starts and recorded 78 catches for a career-high 1,173 yards with eight touchdown receptions, his second consecutive season of at least 1,000 yards. Also had six rushing attempts for 30 yards and one punt return for two yards.
- Posted touchdown catches of 98 and 87 yards, giving him the club's longest and fourth-longest receiving TDs. Became the first player in NFL history to have two TD catches of 85-plus yards in his team's first five games.
- Posted three 100-yard receiving performances:
- Week 1 vs. Oakland (143 receiving yards)
- Week 6 vs. Carolina (173 receiving yards)
- Week 15 at Arizona (186 receiving yards)
- Started and caught six passes for 143 yards and two touchdowns to tie a career-best vs. Oakland (9/11), including a career-long 98-yard scoring grab that was the longest scoring play in Saints history. Also rushed once for 11 yards.
- Caught seven passes for a career-high 173 yards and a touchdown vs. Carolina (10/16).
- Recorded seven receptions for 58 yards and a nine-yard touchdown at Kansas City (10/23).
- Caught seven passes for 42 yards at Carolina (11/17). Became only the third player to start his career with the Saints to record at least 50 receptions in his first three seasons, joining WR Danny Abramowicz and RB Reggie Bush.
- Posted seven receptions for 186 yards and two touchdowns at Arizona (12/18), the third-highest receiving total in club record books.
2015 (16/12 - New Orleans)
- Appeared in all 16 games with 12 starts, recording 84 receptions for 1,138 yards and nine scoring grabs to lead the club in receptions, receiving yardage and touchdowns. His 84 receptions were the most by a Saints receiver since Marques Colston hauled in 84 in 2010. Also rushed eight times for 18 yards and returned two punts for 12 yards.
- Posted one 10-reception and four 100-yard receiving performances:
- Week 5 at Philadelphia (107 receiving yards)
- Week 13 vs. Carolina (104 receiving yards)
- Week 15 vs. Detroit (10 receptions, 124 receiving yards)
- Week 16 vs. Jacksonville (123 receiving yards)
- Totaled seven receptions for 79 yards, both Saints game-highs at Carolina (9/27).
- Hauled in five passes for 107 yards with one touchdown at Philadelphia (10/11), his first career 100-yard receiving game.
- Finished with a team-high 81 yards on a club-best six receptions at Indianapolis (10/25).
- Caught six passes for 88 yards and a career-high tying two touchdowns vs. N.Y. Giants (11/1).
- Posted five receptions for 98 yards, including two scoring grabs to tie a career-high at Washington (11/15).
- Caught six passes for 104 yards, including a 54-yard touchdown vs. Carolina (12/6).
- H Saw action on offense and on special teams vs. Detroit (12/21) and caught 10 passes for 124 yards with a touchdown, setting a single-game career-high in receptions. Also returned two punts for 12 yards.
- Registered five receptions for 123 yards with a 71-yard touchdown and rushed a career-high four times for 10 yards for 133 total yards from scrimmage.
2014 (10/7 - New Orleans)
- Played in 10 games with six starts and totaled 53 receptions for 550 yards and three touchdowns before being placed on Injured Reserve on Nov. 18, missing the final six games of the season. Also rushed seven times for 73 yards and one touchdown, recorded 10 punt returns for 35 yards and one kickoff return for 12 yards.
- Played in first-career game at Atlanta (9/7) and caught seven passes, tied for the most by a Saints rookie in their debut with RB Reggie Bush (9/10/06 at Cleveland), for 77 yards and a touchdown, while also rushing once for 18 yards.
- Started and led the team with eight receptions for 74 yards vs. Minnesota (9/21).
- Caught a team-high nine passes for 56 yards while also rushing twice for 15 yards and returning a kickoff for 12 yards vs. Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Caught a team-high six passes for 94 yards, including a 50-yard reception for a touchdown, while picking up first-career rushing touchdown on a four-yard sweep vs. Green Bay (10/26). Became the youngest player in NFL history to record both a TD catch and run in the same game.
- Played on offense and special teams while bringing in five catches for a team-leading 90 yards and a touchdown vs. San Francisco (11/9).
- Started 29 of the career 38 games he played in at Oregon State as a two-year starter for the Beavers. Posted 226 receptions for 3,272 yards with 24 touchdowns, also adding 61 carries for 340 yards. Also returned 12 punts for 72 yards and eight kickoffs for 179 yards for a career total of 3,863 all-purpose yards.
- As a junior, captured the Biletnikoff Award and was a consensus first-team All-American and All-Pac 12 choice, when he started all 13 games and set school and conference single-season receiving records with 128 receptions for 1,730 yards, with a school-record 16 touchdowns, also gaining 217 yards with two TDs on 32 carries. Added 72 yards on 12 punt returns, as his 2,019 all-purpose yards ranked second on the school annual record charts.
- Led nation in receiving yards and finished second in TD catches, leading the conference. Tied school season record with two 200-yard receiving performances and placed second on season chart with eight 100-yard games.
- As a sophomore, was a Biletnikoff Award semi-finalist and received All-Pac 12 first-team honors from the NFL Draft report and received honorable mention from league coaches. In 13 starts, pulled in 67 receptions for 1,151 yards with five touchdowns, carried 19 times for 82 yards to amass 1,233 total yards from scrimmage.
- Recorded 31 receptions for 391 yards (12.6 avg.) with three touchdowns and added 41 yards on 10 carries as a freshman.
- Also lettered in track.
- Attended Lincoln High School (Stockton, Calif.), where he was a two-time Section Offensive Player of the Year, All-Area selection and team Most Valuable Player.
- As a senior, registered 66 receptions for 1,125 yards and 11 touchdowns, finishing with 1,525 all-purpose yards.
- As a junior, made 46 catches for 783 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- Had 29 receptions for 600 yards and seven scores as a sophomore.
- Closed out prep career earning six total letters - three in football, two in track and one in basketball.
- Won an award at the NFL Scouting Combine from Adidas for running the fastest 40-yard dash (4.33).
- Majored in human development and family sciences at Oregon State.