Brandon King was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Oct. 10, 2015 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent (5/8/15) ... Released by New England (9/5/15) ... Signed to the Patriots practice squad (9/8/15).
2015 (13/0, 2/0)
- Began the season on the practice squad before being added to the 53-man roster on Oct. 10.
- Was one of three rookie free agents, along David Andrews and Justin Coleman, to be a major contributor on the 53-man roster.
- Appeared in 13 regular-season games and contributed mainly on special teams, posting 12 tackles. Also forced one fumble on a punt return.
- Appeared in both postseason contests and recorded two special teams tackles.
- Contributed heavily on special teams, posting two special teams tackles and forcing a Leodis McKelvin fumble on a punt return in the third quarter of the win vs. Buffalo (11/23), recovered by Jonathan Freeny at the 30-yard line.
- Contributed on special teams, recording two special teams tackles in the AFC Championship at Denver (1/24).
- Played two seasons at Auburn after transferring from Highland Community College.
- Began his tenure at Auburn as a safety in 2013 then converted to defensive end for the second half of his senior season in 2014.
- Born June 8, 1993, to Angela and Chris King.
- Majored in Public Administration at Auburn.