Brooks Ellis was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 5, 2017.
- Played in 49 games with 41 starts, serving as a team captain during his junior and senior seasons. Closed out career with 31 straight starts. Totaled 290 tackles, 3.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and 13 passes defensed. Also had four interceptions, returning one 47 yards for a touchdown.
- Became the first two-time Academic All-American in program history and was the only student-athlete from the SEC to be selected to the Academic All-America first team in 2016.
- Selected from a pool of 156 exceptional semifinalists among all NCAA divisions and the NAIA as a National Scholar-Athlete and one of 12 finalists for the 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy, which is considered by many to be the "Academic Heisman," recognizing an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation.
- Helped lead Fayetteville High School to back-to-back 7A state championships in his last two years and was named the state's Defensive Player of the Year in each.
- Named to the all-state team as a senior despite missing the first two games after he registered 114 tackles, four sacks, four forced fumbles, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery on the way to the state title.
- Majored in exercise science with a minor in biology at Arkansas.