Cameron Fleming was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Oct. 17, 2015 ... Originally drafted by New England in the fourth round (140th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (9/6/15) ... Signed to the New England practice squad (9/8/15).
2016 (16/5, 3/0)
- Used on special teams and as an extra lineman as a tackle eligible on short yardage plays.
- Started as a tackle-eligble tight end in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12).
- Contributed as a tackle eligible tight end in the victory over Atlanta in Super Bowl LI (2/5).
2015 (12/7, 1/0)
- Played in 12 regular-season games with seven starts after starting the season on the practice squad. Was added to the 53-man roster after several injuries along the offensive line. Made four starts at right tackle, two at left tackle and one at tackle-eligible tight end.
- Was active but did not play in the Divisional Playoff vs. Kansas City (1/16) and appeared as a reserve in the AFC Championship Game at Denver (1/24).
- Made his first career start at right tackle and played every offensive snap in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/25).
- Started at right tackle and was moved to left tackle following an injury to Sebastian Vollmer in the win vs. Washington (11/8). Despite injuries and changes to the rotation, the Patriots rushed for 161 yards and did not allow a sack in the game.
- Made his first career start at left tackle in the win at N.Y. Giants (11/15).
- Saw action at tackle-eligible tight end and at left tackle after injuries to both Sebastian Vollmer and LaAdrian Waddle at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Started at left tackle, playing every offensive snap at Miami (1/3).
2014 (7/2, 2/0)
- Played on special teams and as a tackle-eligible tight end in the Super Bowl XLIX win vs. Seattle (2/1/15).
- Contributed as a tackle-eligible tight end in the AFC Championship win vs. Indianapolis (1/18/15), helping pave the way for the team to rush for 177 yards and three touchdowns.
- Inactive in the AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore (1/10/15).
- Returned from injury and rotated in at guard at N.Y. Jets (12/21) and vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Inactive vs. Detroit (11/23), at Green Bay (11/30), at San Diego (12/7) and vs. Miami (12/14) due to injury.
- Returned after missing five games due to injury to play a significant role as a sixth offensive lineman in the win at Indianapolis (11/16), helping pave the way for 246 rushing yards.
- Inactive vs. Cincinnati (10/5), at Buffalo (10/12), vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16), vs. Chicago (10/26) and vs. Denver (11/2) due to injury.
- Made his first career start at right guard at Kansas City (9/29).
- Used as a tackle-eligible tight end in the win vs. Oakland (9/21).
- Made his first NFL start as a tackle-eligible tight end in the win at Minnesota (9/14).
- Played in his first career game at Miami (9/7) and was used as a tackle-eligible tight end throughout the game.
- Started all 39 games that he appeared in for Stanford.
- Finished his career by posting 272 key blocks/knockdowns and 30 touchdown-resulting blocks.
- Fleming majored in aeronautics and astro nautics at Stanford. At 6'5", he is an inch too tall to be an astronaut, so he decided to put his efforts into becoming a professional football player.
- "I can't be an astronaut, I'm too tall," said Fleming. "I'm actually an inch too tall. But if I was going to go down that route I would have given it my all. Now I’m going down the NFL route and playing with the Patriots and I’m just going to give it my all."
- The 2009 Texas Super Team first-team and Texas Prep Insider second-team choice was also a two-time unanimous first-team Texas 15-5A all-district selection.
- Helped lead Cypress Creek to a pair of 15-5A district championships and also lettered in basketball.
- Born Cameron Jarrod Fleming on Sept. 3, 1992, in Fort Hood, Texas.
- Son of Karen and Kem Fleming.
- Majored in aeronautics and astronautics at Stanford.