Conor McDermott was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (211th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Began college career as a tight end before changing positions to offensive tackle.
2016 - Senior Year
- Started all 12 games at left tackle.
- Named to the watch list for the Outland Trophy and Rotary Lombardi Award.
- Named second-team All-Pac-12 Conference as selected by the coaches.
2015 - Junior Year
- Started 12 games at offensive tackle.
- Was a Second-team All-Pac-12 Conference selection.
- Anchored an offensive line that surrendered just 14 quarterback sacks, the second-lowest total in school history.
- Helped pave the way on the ground for running back Paul Perkins, the third-leading rusher in school history who posted a second-straight 1,000-yard season.
2014 - Sophomore Year
- Made his first career start as a blocking tight end vs. Oregon (10/11).
- Started the last seven games of the season at left tackle.
- Helped block for Pac-12 rushing leader Paul Perkins.
2013 - Redshirt Freshman Year
- Saw his first playing action on special teams and as a reserve along the offensive line.
- Saw action as a reserve at Stanford (10/19), but was injured and sat out the balance of the season.
- Granted a substitute year of eligibility due to medical hardship.
2012 - Freshman Year
- Did not see game action in his first year in the program.
- Played four varsity seasons of football at tight end, offensive and defensive tackle for Ensworth, HS in Nashville, TN. His teams posted a 39-8 record in those four seasons. Was named to the 2010 Tennessee All-Conf. team after his squad won the 2010 State HS football championship.
- Was the team captain for his football team in 2009 and 2011.
- Also played basketball for three seasons. Team was ranked #1 in the state in 2011 and he averaged 15.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 1.8 spg in his senior season. Was a finalist for the McDonald's All-America team and was named Tennessee's Mr. Basketball for Div. II-AA
- Team won the state basketball championship in 2009, pitching in with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
- Has one brother, Kevin, a long snapper on the UCLA team from 2009-2012 who has gone on to play in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Minnesota Vikings
- Earned a spot on the Athletic Director's Academic Honor Roll in Fall 2012.
- Father played basketball for South Dakota State.
- Majored in political science at UCLA.