Cyrus Jones was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (60th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2016 (10/1, 0/0)
- Played in 10 regular-season games with one start on defense and totaled seven tackles. Also returned kicks on special teams, compiling 11 punt returns for 46 yards and eight kickoff returns for 180 yards.
- Was inactive for six regular-season games and all three playoff contests.
- Made his NFL debut and saw action in nickel situations and on special teams in the win at Arizona (9/11). Returned one punt for 10 yards and returned one kickoff for 26 yards.
- Made his first career NFL start in a nickel defense in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12) and recorded three total tackles in addition to returning one punt for no yards.
- Started career at Alabama as a wide receiver before moving to cornerback as a sophomore in 2013.
- Played in 51 career games and totaled 108 tackles, one sack, seven interceptions, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
- Also utilized as punt returner, fielding 46 punts for 618 yards and four touchdowns.
- Played in 15 games as a senior in 2015 and compiled 37 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Earned All-SEC honors as a defensive back.
- Also returned 42 punts for 530 yards and led the nation with four punt returns for touchdowns, the most in a single season in Alabama’s history. His 530 return yards rank second all-time in Alabama single-season history.
- Named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week after the Charleston Southern game, where he set the school record with two punt return touchdowns in one game.
- Named Defensive MVP of the Cotton Bowl vs. Michigan State, finishing with three tackles and an interception. Also added five punt returns for 80 yards and a touchdown.
- Earned one of the starting jobs at cornerback with a strong fall camp and played his way into second team All-SEC recognition (Associated Press) as a junior in 2014. Finished with 46 tackles, two tackles for loss (-10 yards), two forced fumbles, three interceptions (27 yards) and a team-high 13 pass breakups.
- Played in 11 games as a true freshman in 2012, catching four passes for 51 yards. Returned 10 kicks for 250 yards and returned eight punts for 61 yards, with a long of 32.
- Was named the 2011 Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year and was a consensus All-State player as a junior and senior and a Baltimore Sun All-Metro team in 2010 and 2011.
- Accounted for 2,365 all - purpose yards as a senior with 24 touchdowns while recording five interceptions on the defensive side of the ball.