Danny Amendola was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from St. Louis on March 14, 2013 ... Originally signed by Dallas as a rookie free agent (4/28/08) ... Waived by Dallas (8/31/08) ... Signed by Dallas to the practice squad (9/3/08) ... Signed by Philadelphia to the practice squad (1/7/09) ... Waived by Philadelphia (9/5/09) ... Signed by Philadelphia to the practice squad (9/6/09) ... Signed by St. Louis to the 53-man roster from the Philadelphia practice squad (9/22/09).
- Has appeared in two Super Bowls for the Patriots and caught 13 passes for 126 yards with two touchdowns and a two-point conversion. His fourth quarter touchdowns in both Super Bowls aided record comebacks and his two-point conversion in Super Bowl LI tied the game in the waning moment of regulation that New England eventually won in overtime.
- Connected with Tom Brady for a 1-yard touchdown in the back of the end zone vs. Jacksonville (9/27/15), marking the 400th touchdown pass of Brady’s career.
- Tied an NFL record (Reggie Wayne, 2007) with 12 first-half receptions vs. Washington (9/17/12) and tied the Rams’ single-game receptions franchise record with 15 (Flipper Anderson - 1989 & Isaac Bruce - 1995).
- Led the NFL in all-purpose yards (2,364) and finished third in the league with 29 receptions on third down in 2010.
- Led the NFL in 2009 in kickoff returns (66), kickoff return yards (1,618) and total return yards (1,978), setting St. Louis franchise records in all three categories.
2017 (15/8, 3/2)
- Led the team in yards and receptions with six catches for 100 yards and returned one punt for eight yards vs. Kansas City (9/7). Also utilized as a punt returner before leaving late in second half due to injury.
- Was inactive due to injury in the win at New Orleans (9/17).
- Returned to action after missing one game due to injury and pitched in with three catches for 48 yards in the win vs. Houston (9/24). Was a key contributor on the final game-winning drive, catching a 27-yard pass on third-and-18 with under a minute remaining from QB Tom Brady one play before the game-winning touchdown to WR Brandin Cooks. Also performed punt return duties and had a 33-yard first quarter punt return that led to a Patriots touchdown on their opening offensive drive.
- Caught six passes for 42 yards including a fourth quarter touchdown catch on fourth down that tied the game with under four minutes to play vs. Carolina (10/1). Also handled punt return duties with one fair catch.
- Tied for the team lead in receptions with eight total for 77 yards, converting three catches on third down that all led to first downs, two of which kept scoring drives alive in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5). Also handled punt return duties with three returns for 51 yards, including a 40-yard return in the second quarter.
- Started and caught three passes for 40 yards while also handling punt return duties with three returns totaling 20 yards in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15). Had a 17-yard reception on third-and-7 to put the Patriots in Jets territory during the first touchdown drive in the second quarter.
- Caught three passes for 17 yards in a reserve role at wide receiver while also handling punt return duties in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Made two catches for 14 yards on top of handling punt return duties with four punts returned for 26 yards in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29). Also returned one kickoff for 16 yards.
- Caught four passes for 36 yards while also contributing with punt return duties in the victory at Denver (11/12).
- Led the team in receptions with eight catches for 66 yards, including a 5-yard first quarter touchdown reception from Tom Brady that helped advance the Patriots lead in their 33-8 victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City’s Estadio Azteca. Also handled punt return duties.
- Started at wide receiver and caught one pass for 15 yards while also handling punt return duties during the victory vs. Miami (11/26).
- Started and caught two passes for 34 yards while also handling punt return duties in the win at Buffalo (12/3).
- Made the start at receiver and finished with a team high six catches for 76 yards, while also returning two punts for 16 yards at Miami (12/11).
- Started at receiver and caught two passes for 23 yards, while also handling punt return duties with one return for 11 yards in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Started and caught three passes for 28 yards and handled punt return duties, returning two punts for 19 yards in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Started and caught four passes for 43 yards, while also handling punt return duties with four returns for 24 yards in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Started at wide receiver and set a postseason career-high with 11 catches for 112 yards, converting four seperate third-down attempts for first downs, and returned three punts for 27 yards in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Started at wide receiver and was a major contributor on both offense and special teams, hauling in seven receptions for 84 yards and two touchdowns, and returning two punts for 25 yards, including a 20-yard return in the fourth quarter that helped set up his go-ahead touchdown reception in the victory over Jacksonville in the AFC Championship game (1/21). He reeled in a 9-yard pass from QB Tom Brady with less than nine minutes to play in the game to cut a 10-point deficit to three, and followed that up with a 4-yard touchdown reception on a beautiful toe-tapping catch in the back of the end zone to give the Patriots the 24-20 victory.
- Was a standout performer on offense with eight receptions for 152 yards total, while also handling punt return duties and attempted one pass that fell incomplete in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2016 (12/4, 3/0)
- Played in 12 regular-season games with four starts and caught 23 passes for 243 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. Also contributed on special teams with 18 punt returns for 121 yards and returned five kickoffs for 129 yards.
- Missed the final four games of the regular season due to injury.
- Appeared as a reserve in all three postseason contests and posted 10 receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown in Super Bowl LI (2/5). Also returned four punts for 54 yards.
- Caught three passes for 48 yards in the season-opening night win at Arizona (9/11) including a 32-yard reception on a third-and-15 in the fourth quarter that helped get the offense into position for the go-ahead field goal. Also returned one punt for eight yards.
- Had his first regular season two-touchdown game with a 12-yard touchdown in the first quarter and a 10-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter in the win vs. Miami (9/18). First NFL two-touchdown game was in the AFC Divisional Round of the 2014 NFL Playoffs. Totaled four receptions for 50 yards and returned three punts for 33 yards.
- Caught two passes for 23 yards and returned one punt 10 yards in the win vs. Houston (9/23).
- Made his first start of the season when in the Patriots opened in a three-wide-out set vs. Buffalo (10/2).
- Finished the game with two receptions for 11 yards and recorded a fair catch on a punt return in the win at Cleveland (10/9).
- Brought down two passes for 30 yards in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16).
- Saw action on offense and on special teams in the win at Pittsburgh (10/23). Returned one punt for six yards and returned on kickoff six yards.
- Had a 73-yard kickoff return in the third quarter for the second longest kickoff return of his career in the win at Buffalo (10/30). Finished with 97 yards in total on two kickoff returns and added three pass receptions for 29 yards including a 9-yard touchdown catch from Tom Brady in the first quarter to give the Patriots their first score of the game.
- Started in a three-wide-out set vs. Seattle (11/13) and finishd the game with one reception for 14 yards.
- Caught a five-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady to mark his fourth score of the year, setting a single-season career high in the win at San Francisco (11/20). Returned three punts for a total of 46 yards including a 30-yard return in the first quarter to the San Francisco 27-yard line to set up the Patriots' first touchdown. Also returned one kickoff for two yards.
- Started at wide receiver and totaled one catch for eight yards in addition to retunring two punts for eight yards and one kickoff for 24 yards in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Recorded three receptions for 30 yards and returned four punts for six yards after making the start at wide receiver in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4).
- Was inactive due to injury vs. Baltimore (12/12), at Denver (12/18), vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24) and at Miami (1/2).
- Returned to action after missing the final four games of the regular season due to injury and rushed once for 15 yards in the Divisional Round game vs. Houston (1/14).
- Caught two passes for 12 yards in the AFC Championship game vs. Pittsburgh (1/22).
- Caught a six-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady with the Patriots down 28-12 in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl LI (2/5) to pull the team within one score after James White successfully completed the two-point conversion, and later went on to covert for two points himself to tie the game at 28 with under a minute to play in regulation after White scored on a one-yard run. Finished the game with eight total receptions for 78 yards.
2015 (14/7, 2/2)
- Appeared in 14 regular-season games with seven starts and posted 65 receptions for 648 yards and three touchdowns. Also completed his first career pass attempt for 36 yards to Tom Brady.
- Returned 23 punts for 276 yards (12.0 avg.) and a career-long of 82. Also returned eight kickoffs for 172 yards (21.5 avg.) and a long of 29. His 12.0-yard average was second in the NFL to Jacksonville's Rashad Greene (16.7 avg.).
- Started both playoff games and caught seven passes for 57 yards (8.1 avg.). Also returned four punts for 54 yards (13.5 avg.).
- Was inactive for two games (at Denver 11/29 & at N.Y. Jets 12/27) due to injury.
- Posted one 10-reception and two 100-yard receiving performances:
- Week 6 at Indianapolis (7 receptions, 105 yards)
- Week 10 at N.Y. Giants (10 receptions, 79 yards)
- Week 11 vs. Buffalo (9 receptions, 117 yards)
- started at wide receiver vs. Jacksonville (9/27) and caught five passes for 39 yards and a touchdown. His scoring catch marked the 400th touchdown pass of Tom Brady's career.
- Had his seventh career 100-yard game and fourth with the Patriots after catching seven passes for 105 yards in the win at Indianapolis (10/18).
- Caught eight passes for 86 yards, including a diving 8-yard touchdown catch that allowed the Patriots to take back the lead in the fourth quarter of the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/25).
- Caught a season-high 10 passes for 79 yards at N.Y. Giants (11/15). Thirty-two of his 79 yards came on the game-winning drive, including a 12-yard catch on a fourth-and-10. Also returned four kickoffs for 71 yards and two punts for 84 yards, including an 82-yarder that led to a Patriots touchdown. His 82-yard return marks the longest of his career and the fifth-longest by a Patriot all-time.
- Started at wide receiver in the win vs. Buffalo (11/23) and caught nine passes for 117 yards before leaving with a knee injury in the third quarter. Also contributed on special teams, returning three punts for 34 yards. Amendola eclipsed 100 yards receiving for the seventh time in his career and fifth time with the Patriots.
- Caught seven passes for 62 yards and a touchdown vs. Philadelphia (12/6). Also completed his first career pass attempt to Tom Brady for 36 yards in the third quarter.
2014 (16/4, 3/1)
- Posted five receptions for 48 yards and one touchdown, and added two kickoff returns for 44 yards in the Super Bowl XLIX win vs. Seattle (2/1/15).
- Caught one pass for eight yards, rushed once for a two-yard loss, fair caught two punts and returned two kickoffs for 44 yards in the AFC Championship win vs. Indianapolis (1/18/15).
- Started at wide receiver in the AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore (1/10/15), finishing with five catches for a season-high 81 receiving yards and two touchdowns. It marked his first career game (regular and postseason) with two receiving touchdowns, and his 15-yard touchdown reception from Tom Brady in the second quarter was his first career postseason touchdown. He added his second touchdown on a 51-yard reception from Julian Edelman in the third quarter. Also returned five kickoffs for 125 yards.
- Started at wide receiver and caught four passes for 24 yards and returned three punts for 28 yards vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Started at wide receiver and led the team with a season-high eight catches for 63 yards in the win at N.Y. Jets (12/21). Also returned three punts for 63 yards (season-long 39-yarder) and five kickoffs for 91 yards.
- Returned two kickoffs for 43 yards and recorded an 11-yard reception and a season-long 13-yard punt return in the win vs. Miami (12/14).
- Caught three passes for seven yards, returned two kickoffs for 43 yards and handled three punts as the up-returner in the win at San Diego (12/7).
- Returned four kickoffs for 76 yards and one punt for three yards at Green Bay (11/30).
- Returned a kickoff 81 yards in the second quarter of the win vs. Detroit (11/23), leading to a Patriots touchdown. The kickoff return was the second-longest of his career and the longest by a Patriots player this season. Also returned three punts for nine yards.
- Caught two passes for 13 yards, returned three punts for six yards and returned one kickoff for 21 yards in the win at Indianapolis (11/16).
- Caught two passes for 35 yards and returned one kickoff for 22 yards in the win vs. Denver (11/2).
- Utilized as a punt returner for the first time in 2014, finishing with 15 yards on two returns in the win vs. Chicago (10/26). Also caught two passes for five yards.
- Recorded the game-winning score on a 19-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter of the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16), his first touchdown of the season and third as a Patriot. Also returned his first kickoff as a Patriot for 27 yards in the first quarter, finishing with four returns for 105 yards.
- Caught one pass for seven yards in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/5).
- Made his first start of the season at Kansas City (9/29).
- Failed to record a catch in the win at Minnesota (9/14), ending his streak at 48 straight regular season games with at least one reception, dating back to Nov. 22, 2009 vs. Arizona.
- Recorded three receptions for 16 yards in the season opener at Miami (9/7).
2013 (12/6, 2/0)
- Played 12 regular-season games with six starts and caught 54 passes for 633 yards and two touchdowns. Also rushed once for 1 yard and returned one punt for 13 yards.
- Appeared in both postseason contests including one start in the AFC Championship at Denver (1/19), and caught three passes for 77 yards.
- Posted two 10-reception games and three 100-yard receiving performances:
- Week 1 at Buffalo (10 receptions, 104 yards)
- Week 9 vs. Pittsburgh (122 yards)
- Week 15 at Miami (10, receptions, 131 yards)
- Started his first game as a Patriot at Buffalo (9/8) and caught 10 passes for 104 yards. Seven of Amendola’s receptions were third-down conversions.
- Was inactive vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12), vs. Tampa Bay (9/22), at Atlanta (9/29) and at N.Y. Jets (10/20) due to injury.
- Returned after missing three games due to injury at Cincinnati (10/6) and caught four passes for 55 yards.
- Caught four passes for 122 yards vs. Pittsburgh (11/3) and his first touchdown as a Patriot. His 57-yard catch and run in the second quarter was a career-long reception.
- Caught four passes for 36 yards and the game-winning touchdown vs. Cleveland (12/8) with :31 left as part of a dramatic Patriots comeback win. New England scored two touchdowns in the final 61 seconds to overcome a 12-point deficit for the victory.
- Matched a season-high in receptions (10) and set a season high in receiving yards (131) at Miami (12/15).
2012 (11/8 - St. Louis)
- Played in 11 games with eight starts and led the team in receptions, finishing with 63 catches for 666 yards and three touchdowns.
- Returned 17 punts for 122 yards and returned two kicks for 16 yards.
- Missed five games due to injury.
- Recorded career-highs with 15 catches for 160 yards and one touchdown vs. Washington (9/17), tying the franchise single-game receptions record and tying an NFL record with 12 first half receptions (Reggie Wayne).
- Registered six catches for 55 yards and a touchdown vs. Seattle (9/30), including a touchdown catch on a pass from punter Johnny Hekker on a fake field goal play.
- Posted his second 10-catch, 100-yard receiving game at San Francisco (11/11) with 11 catches for 102 yards, with eight of the catches going for first downs.
- Scored his third touchdown of the season vs. Minnesota (12/16).
2011 (1/1 - St. Louis)
- Played and started in one game, posting five receptions for 45 yards in the season opener vs. Philadelphia (9/11) before suffering an elbow injury in the fourth quarter and eventually being placed on Injured Reserve (10/10).
2010 (16/6 - St. Louis)
- Played in all 16 games, starting six and led the team with 85 receptions for 689 yards and three touchdowns.
- Returned 40 punts for 452 yards for an 11.3-yard average and returned 50 kickos for 1,142 yards.
- Led the NFL in all-purpose yards (2,364) and finished third in the league with 29 receptions on third down.
- Recorded a then career-high 12 receptions for 95 yards at Detroit (10/10).
- Scored touchdowns in three straight games: at Tampa Bay (10/24), vs. Carolina (10/31) and at San Francisco (11/14).
- Accumulated 89 yards from scrimmage, with four catches for 41 yards and three rushes for 48 yards, including a career-high 30-yard run at Denver (11/28).
- Set a career-high with an 84-yard kickoff return vs. San Francisco (12/26) that led to a Rams field goal.
2009 (14/2 - St. Louis)
- Went to training camp with Philadelphia and began the season on the Eagles’ practice squad before being signed to the St. Louis practice squad on Sept. 22.
- Played in 14 games with two starts and led the NFL in kickoff returns (66), kickoff return yards (1,618) and total return yards (1,978), setting franchise records in all three categories.
- Finished the season with 43 receptions for 326 yards and one touchdown, returned 31 punts for 360 yards and returned 66 kicks for 1,618 yards.
- Posted five kickoff returns of at least 40 yards.
- Recorded a season-high 61 yards on four receptions vs. Arizona (11/22).
- Tallied a season-high seven receptions for 55 yards vs. Seattle (11/29).
- Scored his first career touchdown vs. Houston (12/20).
- Recorded a career-long 56-yard punt return vs. San Francisco (1/3).
2009 (0/0 - Philadelphia)
- Spent the entire regular season on the Dallas practice squad after joining the team as a rookie free agent before being signed to the Philadelphia practice squad (1/7) for the postseason.
2008 (0/0 - Dallas/Philadelphia)
- Spent the entire regular season on the Dallas practice squad after joining the team as a rookie free agent before being signed to the Philadelphia practice squad (1/7) for the postseason.
- Posted 198 career catches at Texas Tech, the fifth-most in school history.
- Named to the All-Big 12 second-team after registering 103 catches for 1,177 yards and five touchdowns as a senior.
- Earned Big 12 honorable mention honors as a junior, with a 9.2-yard punt return average and 487 receiving yards.
- Recorded 24 catches for 395 yards and three touchdowns as a sophomore.
- Posted the highest punt return average for a Texas Tech freshman (29 returns for 371 yards, 12.8 average) since 1985 and was the only true freshman to play for Texas Tech in 2004.
- Named first-team all-state as a senior after finishing with 60 catches for 864 yards and nine touchdowns; also played safety at The Woodlands High School (Texas).
- Earned all-state honors in baseball as a second baseman.
- Brother, Matt, played safety at Baylor.