Darius Kilgo was signed by the New England Patriots to the practice squad on December 10, 2016 ... Originally drafted by the Denver Broncos in the sixth round (203rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft ... Released by Denver (11/25/16)...Claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots from Denver (11/28/16)...Released by New England (12/8/16).
2016 (9/0 - Denver/New England)
- Totaled five tackles in nine appearances for the Broncos during the first half of the 2016 season.
- Was inactive in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4).
2015 (9/0 - Denver)
- Appeared in nine regular season games as a rookie in 2015 and made six tackles.
- Was inactive for all three of Denver's postseason contests.
- Recorded two tackles in his NFL debut vs. Baltimore (9/13).
- Notched a pair of solo tackles at Kansas City (9/17).
- Made 36 starts in 42 appearances over the course of his four-year career at Maryland where he totaled 123 tackles, 5 ½ sacks for 40 yards, three passes defensed, one forced fumble and five fumble recoveries.
- Named an honorable mention All-Big Ten Conference selection following his senior year in 2014 after posting a career-high 41 tackles on the year in addition to two sacks for 16 yards and three fumble recoveries.
- Served as a member of Maryland's leadership council as a junior in 2013 and started 12 of 13 games. Recorded eight tackles against Connecticut (9/14).
- Started 11 games and played in all 12 at nose tackle as a sophomore in 2012 and totaled 40 tackles on the season, including five for a loss. Also recovered and forced a fumble. Made four tackles and recorded one sack in his first collegiate start against William & Mary (9/1).
- Played in five games as a reserve defensive lineman as a redshirt freshman in 2011. Saw his first-career action vs. Towson (10/1)
- Attended Weddington (N.C.) High School and recorded 67 tackles, four sacks and two forced fumbles as a senior. Received all-conference and all-country honors as a junior when he finished the year with 83 tackles, five sacks and three forced fumbles.
- Also lettered in basketball and indoor track and field.
- Majored in criminology and criminal justice at Maryland.