David Harris was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on June 21, 2017 ... Originally drafted by N.Y. Jets in the second round (47th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft ... Released by N.Y. Jets (6/6/17).
2017 (10/6, 0/0)
- Appeared in a reserve role at linebacker and assisted on one tackle in his Patriots debut in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Appeared in one snap at linebacker in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Saw limited snaps in a reserve role at linebacker in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Was inactive vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Was active but did not play in the win at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Was inactive in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Made his first start as a member of the Patriots and finished with three tackles in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Made his second-consecutive start at linebacker and contributed in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Saw action as a reserve linebacker and finished with four tackles and a pass defensed in the victory at Denver (11/12).
- Started at linebacker and finished with four tackles total in the victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Started at linebacker and contributed with two tackles during the victory vs. Miami (11/26).
- Made the start at linebacker and finished with four tackles, while also adding one-and-a-half sacks for a total of 10 yards lost in the victory at Buffalo (12/3).
- Was inactive at Miami (12/11).
- Started and finished with four tackles in the victory at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Was active but did not play in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Was inactive in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Was inactive for all three postseason contests.
2016 (15/15 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 15 games he played in and registered 94 tackles, a half sack and two passes defensed.
- Was inactive at Arizona (10/17) due to injury.
- Posted season highs with back-to-back 11-tackle performances vs. Los Angeles (11/13) and vs. New England (11/27).
2015 (16/16 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 games for the seventh-consecutive season and led the team with 108 tackles marking the seventh-consecutive season he has done so. Also recorded 4½ sacks, a career-best six passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
- Part of a defense that posted a top-10 ranking league-wide in points allowed (19.6 per game), total yardage allowed (318.6), rushing yards allowed (83.4), third down conversion percentage allowed (33.2%) and red zone touchdown percentage allowed (35.0%).
- Recorded his first double-digit tackle performance with 11 takedowns in the win vs. Washington (10/18).
- Totaled a season-high 14 tackles and two sacks in the regular-season finale at Buffalo (1/3).
2014 (16/16 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 games for the sixth straight season and totaled 123 tackles, three passes defensed and two forced fumbles. Also tied a career high with 5½ sacks.
- Posted the first of five double-digit tackle performances with 10 tackles at San Diego (10/5).
- Registered 11 tackles and a sack vs. Miami (12/1).
- Recorded nine tackles and two sacks in the season finale win at Miami (12/28).
2013 (16/16 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 games for the fifth consecutive season and led the team with 124 tackles. Also posted two sacks, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
- Made a season-high 14 tackles in the win at Atlanta (10/7).
- Led the team for a second consecutive week with 10 tackles and a sack vs. Pittsburgh (10/13).
- Led the team with 13 tackles vs. Miami (12/1).
2012 (16/16 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 games and led the team in tackles for the fourth straight season with 123 stops. Also registered three passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Posted his first of five double-digit tackle games at Pittsburgh (9/16) after recording 10 stops. Also defensed one pass.
- Registered a season-high 11 tackles at San Francisco (9/30).
- Made 10 tackles and had a sack in the win at Jacksonville (12/9).
2011 (16/16 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 games and totaled 86 tackles, a careerhigh four interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) and eight passes defensed.
- Posted seven tackles and an interception that he returned 35 yards for a touchdown at Baltimore (10/2), the first touchdown of his career.
- Recorded a season-high nine and had a sack at New England (10/9).
- Registered four tackles, one sack and an interception he returned 20 yards vs. N.Y. Giants (12/24).
2010 (16/16, 3/3 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 regular-season games and racked up 100 tackles, three sacks, three passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Started all three postseason contests and made 30 tackles, one interception and one pass defensed.
- Tied a season-high with nine tackles in the win vs. Minnesota (10/11).
- Posted nine tackles and a sack vs. Green Bay (10/31).
- Posted 12 tackles and an interception he returned for 58 yards in the Divisional Playoff win at New England (1/16).
2009 (16/16, 3/3 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 16 regular-season games and recorded a career-high 126 tackles, tied a career-high with 5½ sacks, made two interceptions, defensed three passes and forced two fumbles.
- Started all three playoff games and posted 25 tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and one pass defensed.
- Amassed his first of six double-digit tackle games with 11 stops in the season-opening win at Houston (9/13). Also picked up a sack and defensed one pass.
- Racked up a season-high 17 tackles and a half sack vs. Buffalo (10/18).
- Finished with a team-high 11 tackles and two sacks in the AFC Championship Game at Indianapolis (1/24).
2008 (11/11 - N.Y. Jets)
- Started all 11 games he played in and posted 76 tackles, one sack, one fumble recovery and one pass defensed.
- Was inactive at Buffalo (11/2), vs. St. Louis (11/9), at New England (11/13), at Tennessee (11/23), and vs. Denver (11/30) due to injury.
- Notched a season-high 13 tackles and a half sack at San Francisco (12/7).
2007 (16/9 - N.Y. Jets)
- Appeared in all 16 games with nine starts as a rookie and recorded 111 tackles, five sacks, three passes defensed, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for November after posting 41 tackles and one sack.
- Made his first NFL start and registered the first sack of his career while leading the team with 14 tackles.
- Totaled a career-high 24 tackles in an overtime loss vs. Washington (11/4).
- Led the team with 11 tackles and notched a sack in the season finale win vs. Kansas City (12/30).
- Finished his carer at Michigan with 196 tackles, four sacks, one interception, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Was an Associated Press All-America Second Team selection as a senior in 2006 and a semifinalist for the Butkus Award, given to the nation’s top linebacker.
- Attended Ottowa Hills High School, where as a two year starter, he recorded 295 tackles and 16 sacks while rushing for 734 yards and 15 touchdowns on offense.
- Set school records for most tackles (114) in a season as a senior and most tackles (158) in a season as a senior..
- David and wife, Jiali, have two daughters, Ayla Sui and Jozi Ai.