Deatrich Wise, Jr. was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round (131st overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
2017 (16/3, 3/0)
- Contributed in a reserve role at defensive end and made his first career tackle and sack when he dropped QB Alex Smith for a 12-yard loss in the second quarter of the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Was a key contributor in a reserve role at defensive end with two tackles for loss, five quarterback hits and a sack for an eight-yard loss for the second-consecutive game in the win at New Orleans (9/17). Became the first Patriots rookie to have a sack in his first two NFL games since Chandler Jones in 2012.
- Appeared in a reserve role at defensive end where he totaled two tackles, two quarterback hits and one pass defensed in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Appeared in a reserve role at defensive end and contributed with one tackle vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Contributed as a reserve defensive end where he contributed with a tackle for loss, while also adding a sack for a loss of ten yards in the win at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Made his first-career start on the defensive line and finished with two tackles in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Made his second-consecutive start on the defensive line and finished with two tackles in the win vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Contributed in a reserve role at defensive end and assisted on one tackle in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Finished with one tackle as a reserve defensive end in the win at Denver (11/12).
- Totaled three tackles in a reserve role on the defensive line in the win at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Contributed as a reserve defensive lineman and finished with one tackle, while also contributing on special teams during the win vs. Miami (11/26).
- Started at defensive end and finished with four tackles total in the victory at Buffalo (12/3).
- Appeared as a reserve defensive end but did not accrue any statistics at Miami (12/11).
- Contributed in a reserve role along the defensive line and totaled two tackles, while adding a half-sack of QB Ben Roethlisberger for a 4-yard loss in the victory at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Contributed on defense with two tackles, while adding a sack of QB Tyrod Taylor for a 4-yard loss in the first quarter and adding another half sack late in the fourth quarter of the win vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Contributed in a reserve role along the defensive line and made one tackle in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Made his postseason debut in a reserve role at defensive end and had the first multi-sack game of his career to go along with two tackles in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13). He took down QB Marcus Mariota for a 4-yard loss on Tennessee’s opening drive of the game and added his second sack for an 8-yard loss in the fourth quarter.
- Appeared in a reserve role on the defensive line and finished with two tackles in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Saw limited snaps on defense in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
- Played in 50 games with 10 starts at Arkansas and tallied 112 tackles, 16½ sacks, 17 quarterback hurries, six passes defensed and four forced fumbles.
- Ranks 10th in school history with 16½ career sacks.
2016 - Senior Year
- Served as a team captain.
- Played in 13 games with eight starts and totaled 49 tackles. Finished second on the team with 3½ sacks. Also forced one fumble, notched seven quarterback pressures and three passes defensed.
- Earned SEC Player of the Week following the season-opening win vs. Louisiana Tech (9/3) after he lead the team with seven tackles, a half-sack, three quarterback hurries and one pass defensed.
2015 - Junior Year
- Played in all 13 games as a reserve and led the team with eight sacks. Also posted 31 tackles, three forced fumbles, five quarterback pressures and three passes defensed.
- Registered a season-high seven tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble vs. Mississippi State (11/21).
- Had a single-game career high two sacks vs. Missouri (11/27).
2014 - Sophomore Year
- Saw action in 10 contests and started once at defensive end. Logged 13 tackles and two sacks.
- Tallied three tackles, including 1.5 sacks for a loss of 14 yards in Arkansas' shutout vs. LSU (11/20).
2013 - Redshirt Freshman Year
- Played in all 12 games and totaled 17 tackles two sacks, one fumble recovery and two quarterback hurries.
- Made a then career-high six tackles, including a half-sack, in the SEC opener vs. Texas A&M (9/28).
2012 - Freshman Year
- Recorded two tackles and one sack in two games before taking a medical redshirt after suffering a season-ending injury.
- Made his collegiate debut in the season-opening 49-24 win vs. Jacksonville (9/1), and notched two tackles and a sack.
- Recorded 113 tackles, including 12 for loss with 10 sacks, two forced fumbles, two quarterback hurries and one blocked field goal in 2011 while helping Hebron High School into the state playoffs. Following his senior campaign, he was named District 8-5A Defensive Player of the Year.
- In his junior season, he totaled 40 tackles, including seven sacks.
- Chose Arkansas after also receiving offers from Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Arizona, Purdue and Wake Forest.
- Son of Deatrich and Sheila Wise.
- Father was drafted in the ninth round of the 1988 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks and also spent time with the New Orleans Saints and the CFL's British Columbia Lions.
- Earned his undergraduate degree in kinesiology in May 2016.
- Earned 2012-13 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll honors.