Duron Harmon was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (91st overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.
2016 (16/4, 3/3)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games with four starts in a nickel defense and tallied 27 total tackles, one interception, two passes defensed, one forced fumble, two special teams tackles and one fumble recovery on special teams.
- Started all three playoff games in a nickel defense and totaled six tackles, one interception and one pass defensed.
- Picked off QB Ryan Tannehill in the end zone with nine seconds to play to secure the win vs. Miami (9/18). Also had one tackle and one pass defensed.
- Recovered a fumble forced by Brandon Bolden on a kickoff that set up a touchdown run by Jacoby Brissett in the first quarter of the win vs. Houston (9/22).
- Finished tied for second-highest on the team with a season-high six tackles in the win at San Francisco (11/20). Also forced a fumble in the first quarter.
- Picked off quarterback Brock Osweiler for a 31-yard return in the Divisional Round victory vs. Houston (1/14). Added one total tackle and a pass defensed in the win.
2015 (16/5, 2/2)
- Played in all 16 regular-season contests with five starts - two games (vs. TEN 12/20 and at NYJ 12/27) at safety in place of an injured Devin McCourty and three in nickel defense. Recorded 19 tackles, a career-high three interceptions, five passes defensed and one special teams tackle.
- Started both playoff games at defensive back and registered one pass breakup.
- Started at defensive back as part of the nickel defense and registered his first interception of the season when he picked off Ben Roethlisberger in the season-opening win vs. Pittsburgh (9/10).
- Played in nickel situations and on special teams at Buffalo (9/20) and tallied an interception in his second straight game.
- Nabbed his third interception of the season vs. Miami (10/29) and made one tackle.
- Started at safety and recorded a season-high five tackles at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Contributed on special teams and defense, posting one tackle in the win vs. the New York Jets (10/25).
2014 (16/0, 3/0)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games as a reserve and posted 12 tackles, one interception, one pass defensed, one fumble recovery and one special teams tackle.
- Appeared in all three playoff contests as a sub and made one tackle, one interception and defensed one pass.
- Recovered a fumble forced by Kyle Arrington in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/5), setting up a Patriots field goal drive.
- Played as part of the dime package in the win at Buffalo (10/12), posting a season-high three tackles.
- Recorded his first interception of the season when he picked off Ryan Tannehill and returned it 60 yards to the Dolphins 8-yard line in the win vs. Miami (12/14).
- Intercepted a Joe Flacco pass in the end zone with 1:39 left to preserve the Patriots 35-31 lead and ultimately clinch the AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore (1/10). It was his first career postseason interception.
2013 (15/3, 2/0)
- Played in 15 regular-season games and made three starts, registering 30 tackles, two interceptions and four passes defensed.
- Appeared as a reserve in both playoff contests.
- Was inactive at Buffalo (9/8).
- Played in his first NFL game, appearing mainly on special teams vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12). Also registered his first career tackle on defense.
- Intercepted his first career pass vs. Miami (10/27) late in the fourth quarter to help seal the win for New England.
- Came on in relief of Steve Gregory at safety vs. Pittsburgh (11/3) after Gregory left in the third quarter with a thumb injury and did not return. Made four tackles and intercepted a pass for the second straight game, returning the pick 42 yards that led to a Patriots touchdown two plays later.
- Made his first career start in place of injured Steve Gregory at safety at Carolina (11/18).
- Started his second consecutive game at safety vs. Denver (11/24) and compiled a career-high 11 tackles.
- Started the regular-season finale vs. Buffalo (12/29) in place of injured Devin McCourty and made three tackles.
- Earned All-Big-East First Team honors as a junior and senior.
- Started 27-of-50 games in his college career.
- Harmon picked off Miami QB Ryan Tannehill in the end zone with nine seconds to play to secure the Patriots 31-24 win over the Dolphins on Sept. 18, 2016. It was the second time in his career that he has picked off a pass in the end zone to secure a win. He also intercepted a Joe Flacco pass in the end zone with 1:39 left to preserve the Patriots 35-31 lead in an AFC Divisional win vs. Baltimore on Jan. 10, 2015.
- The Patriots were trailing the Atlanta Falcons, 21-3, at halftime of Super Bowl LI in Houston. During the break, Harmon helped inspire his teammates in the locker room by convincing them that they were going to orchestrate the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.
- "I knew," Harmon said. "You've got Tom Brady, the Michael Jordan of football, and you've got the greatest defense this year, man. The team that - we gave up fifteen points (per game). It's a tale of two halves. But I'm trying to tell you, when this defense needed to lock in and get the ball back to the offense, we did it, and that's a championship defense."
- Born Jan. 24, 1991.
- 2008 Gatorade State Player of the Year in Delaware.
- Duron and wife, Christing, have two sons, Chris and Dallas.
- Majored in labor studies at Rutgers.