Elandon Roberts was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (214th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2017 (15/13, 3/3)
- Contributed mostly on special teams in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Started at linebacker and finished tied for the team lead in tackles with eight total in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Started at linebacker and finished with nine total tackles in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Made his third-consecutive start at linebacker and finished with five total tackles and his first-career fumble recovery when DL Trey Flowers stripped the ball from RB Jonathan Stewart deep in New England territory vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Started at linebacker and contributed with three total tackles in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Started at linebacker but did not accrue any statistics in the victory at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Was inactive due to injury for the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Returned to the starting lineup at linebacker after missing a game due to injury and finished tied for the team lead in tackles with six total, including a tackle for loss in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Started at linebacker and contributed with four tackles total in the win at Denver (11/12).
- Started at linebacker and finished with four tackles total and a pass defensed in the win at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Started and was a key contributor on defense with four tackles, while also recording the first two sacks of his career with a 3-yard sack of QB Matt Moore in the third quarter to go along with a 10-yard sack in the fourth quarter of the win vs. Miami (11/26).
- Started and finished with three tackles in the win at Buffalo (12/3).
- Started and tied for the team lead with seven tackles at Miami (12/11).
- Started and totaled six tackles in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Started at linebacker and finished with six tackles during the victory vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Started at linebacker and made two tackles in the victory vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Started at linebacker and made two tackles in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Made the start at linebacker and finished with seven tackles total in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Started at linebacker and finished with six tackles in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2016 (13/5, 3/2)
- Played in 13 regular-season games with five starts and notched 44 tackles and one forced fumble.
- Appeared in all three playoff contests with two starts and posted seven tackles.
- Was inactive in the season-opening night win at Arizona (9/11), vs. Buffalo (10/2) and was active but did not play vs. Houston (9/22).
- Made his NFL debut and recorded one tackle in the win vs. Miami (9/18).
- Made his first NFL start in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16), becoming the fifth 2016 Draft pick to start a game in 2016 and sixth Patriots rookie to start, and tied for second highest on the team with seven tackles.
- Led the team with 11 tackles in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24) in addition to forcing a fumble in the second quarter that was recovered by Malcolm Butler. The turnover led to a Patriots field goal.
- Started at linebacker and led the team with seven tackles in the win at Miami (1/1).
- Made his NFL postseason debut in the Divisional Round game vs. Houston (1/14) and totaled three tackles in a start at linebacker.
- During his three-year career at Houston, played in 34 games and totaled 175 tackles, seven sacks, one interception, two forced fumbles, five passes defensed and 23½ tackles for loss.
- Named to 2015 first team America Athletic Conference after leading the conference with 142 total tackles.
- Started his collegiate career at Morgan State and played one season before transferring to Houston.
- Appeared in 12 games as a junior in 2014 at linebacker and on special teams and made 26 tackles, one sack and 3.5 tackles for loss.
- Saw action in eight games as a backup middle linebacker and on special teams and had seven tackles as sophomore in 2013.
- As a freshman in 2012 at Morgan State, finished the season with 107 tackles to lead team and finish second in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. The tackle total marked the second-best single-season effort in program history. Also had nine tackles for loss, two sacks, one interception and two pass breakups. Was named to the All-MEAC second team.
- Was also a member of the track and field team at Port Arthur High School.
- Brother, Jeremiah, played football at Iowa and brother, Calvin, played football at Oklahoma State.
- Majored in sociology at Houston.