Eric Lee was signed by the New England Patriots from the Buffalo practice squad on Nov. 21, 2017 ... Originally signed by Houston as a rookie free agent (5/6/16) ... Released by Houston (5/10/16) ... Signed by Houston (5/13/16) ... Released by Houston (9/3/16) ... Signed by Houston to the practice squad (9/4/16) ... Released by Houston (9/2/17) ... Signed by Buffalo to the practice squad (9/5/17) ... Signed by Buffalo to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/29/17) ... Released by Buffalo (10/3/17) ... Signed by Buffalo to the practice squad (10/5/17).
2017 (6/5, 3/1- New England)
- Made his Patriots and NFL debut after being acquired earlier in the week and finished with four tackles, while also recording a sack of QB Matt Moore for a 9-yard loss during the victory vs. Miami (11/26).
- Made his first NFL start in place of injured DL Trey Flowers and recorded the first interception of his career when he picked off QB Tyrod Taylor at the 1-yard line to end the Bills first offensive drive in the win at Buffalo (12/3). He also added four tackles, a 4-yard sack in the first quarter, a half sack later in the game and two passes defensed.
- Started and played every defensive snap, finishing with two tackles at Miami (12/11).
- Started at defensive end and finished with four tackles total in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Started at linebacker and finished with three tackles in the victory vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Started at defensive end and finished with two tackles total while also registering his first career safety when he sacked QB Bryce Petty in the end zone in the fourth quarter of the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Started in his postseason debut at defensive end and finished with one tackle in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Appeared in a reserve role on the defensive line and finished with three tackles in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Contributed as a reserve defensive lineman in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2017 (0/0 - Buffalo)
- Went to training camp with Houston and was released prior to the start of the regular season.
- Joined the Bills practice squad on September 5 before being added to the 53-man roster on September 29.
- Was active but did not play in the Week 4 win at Atlanta (10/1) before being released on October 3 and re-signing with the Bills practice squad on October 5.
2016 (0/0, 0/0 - Houston)
- Spent his entire rookie season on the Texans practice squad.
- Appeared in 47 games with 30 starts at South Florida and finished his career with 87 tackles, 5½ sacks, one interception, four passes defensed, one fumble recovery and two forced fumbles.
- Received the Lee Roy Selmon award as the team's best defensive lineman following his senior season.
- Attended Daphne High School, where he was an honorable all-state selection and two-time all-county performer.
- Led his team to a 25-2 record over his final two seasons, including 15-0 as a junior and the Alabama state championship.
- Served as treasurer for the senior class in high school.
- Was born in Panama City, Fla., and lived in Mobile, Ala., from ages 3-5 before settling in Daphne.
- H Majored in pre-business administration at South Florida.