Eric Rowe was acquired by the New England Patriots from Philadelphia in a trade in exchange for a 2018 fourth-round draft selection on Sept. 6, 2016 ... Originally drafted by Philadelphia in the second-round (47th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
2017 (8/3, 3/2)
- Appeared in a reserve role at cornerback and totaled one tackle in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Made his first start of the season at cornerback and contributed with three tackles while also adding a special teams tackle before exiting the game in the third quarter due to injury in the win at New Orleans (9/17).
- Was inactive due to injury for the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Returned to action from injury and contributed with two tackles before exiting the game in the third quarter due to injury vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Was inactive due to injury at Tampa Bay (10/5), at N.Y. Jets (10/15), vs. Atlanta (10/22), vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29), at Denver (11/12), at Oakland (11/19) and vs.Miami (11/26).
- Returned to action after missing the last seven games due to injury and saw limited time as a reserve defensive back, finishing with one pass defensed in the win at Buffalo (12/3).
- Saw limited snaps as a reserve defensive back and finished with two tackles at Miami (12/11).
- Started at defensive back in the nickel defense and finished with five tackles while also making a key pass defense that led to a Duron Harmon interception to seal the victory at Pittsburgh (12/17). With the clock running on third down, QB Ben Roethlisberger attempted a game-winning touchdown pass to WR Eli Rogers that was deflected by Rowe and intercepted by Harmon in the end zone with nine seconds remaining in the game.
- Contributed as a reserve defensive back in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Started at defensive back in the nickel defense and made one tackle in the victory vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Started at defensive back in the nickel defense and led the team in tackles with five total in his first postseason start during the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Contributed as a reserve defensive back and made four tackles and added a pass defensed in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Made the start at cornerback and finished with four tackles total, while adding two passes defensed in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2016 (9/7, 3/0)
- Started the year with Philadelphia before being traded to New England prior to the start of the regular season.
- Appeared in nine regular-season games with seven starts - three at cornerback and four at defensive back in a nickel defense - and tallied 26 tackles, one interception and eight passes defensed.
- Played in all three postseason games and notched 11 tackles, one interception and three passes defensed.
- Was inactive for seven games during the regular season.
- Made his Patriots debut in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16). Finished with one tackle and a pass defensed.
- Made his first start as a member of the Patriots and totaled six tackles and a pass defensed in the win at Pittsburgh (10/23).
- Picked off a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass in the second quarter for his first interception as a member of the Patriots during the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24). Also recorded three tackles and two passes defensed.
- Made his NFL postseason debut in the Divisional Round game vs. Houston (1/14) and registered three total tackles.
- Contributed four tackles, two passes defensed and had a fourth-quarter interception in the AFC Championship Game win vs. Pittsburgh (1/22).
2015 (16/5 - Philadelphia)
- Appeared in all 16 games and made five starts for Philadelphia in 2015.
- Totaled 25 tackles, one tackle for loss and one interception.
- Started his first-career game at New England (12/6) where he recorded a team-high three pass deflections.
- Earned Pac-12 All-Academic second-team honors in 2014 and honorable mention Academic All-Pac-12 honors in 2013.
- Started 10 of 12 games he appeared in as a senior in 2014 and finished the season with 59 total tackles, including three for a loss, an interception and a team-leading 13 pass breakups. Also added a fumble recovery and a blocked field goal.
- Started all 12 games at free safety as a junior in 2013 and recorded 69 tackles and seven pass breakups.
- Earned honorable mention All-Pac-12 as a sophomore in 2012 after making 10 starts and ranking second on the Utes' defense with 64 tackles.
- HNamed a first-team Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America after starting all 13 games in 2011.
- Attended Klein (Tx.) High School and earned first-team 13-5A all-district honors in 2010 and second-team in 2009.
- Served as a senior captain and was named Klein's Most Valuable Defensive Back as a junior and senior.
- Also lettered in basketball in high school.
- Earned a bachelor's degree in business from Utah.