Geneo Grissom was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on October 15, 2016 ... Originally drafted by New England in the third round (97th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (9/3/16) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/5/16)
- Made his 2016 debut and played on special teams in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16) after being called up to the 53-man roster from the practice squad the day before.
- Made one special teams tackle in the win at Pittsburgh (10/23).
- Totaled one tackle on defense after playing mostly on special teams in the win at Buffalo (10/30).
- Played on special teams vs. Seattle (11/13).
- Played mostly on special teams in the win at San Francisco (11/20).
- Totaled two special teams tackles in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Played on special teams in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4) and vs. Baltimore (12/12).
- Saw action on special teams in addition to playing one snap on defense in the win at Denver (12/18).
- Notched one special teams tackle in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24).
- Saw limited action on special teams in the win at Miami (1/1).
2015 (14/0, 0/0)
- Appeared as a reserve in 14 regular-season games and registered five tackles, one sack and one special teams tackle.
- Was inactive for two regular-season contests and both playoff games.
- Posted his first multi-tackle game with two takedowns vs. Miami (10/29).
- Contributed on special teams and defense, recording his first NFL sack when he dropped Ryan Tannehill for an 8-yard loss at Miami (1/3).
- Grissom played in 39 games with 11 starts and registered 88 tackles, eight sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
- Was named All-Big 12 Honorable Mention his senior year.
- Geneo draws inspiration from his father's fight with cancer. In 2009, his father and hero, Eugene Grissom, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer. "He's just always been the source of my inspiration, my drive of wanting to be just better. Be a better person," Geneo Grissom told the Providence Journal. "He worked so hard to put food on the table for us."
- They also bonded over music. Geneo Grissom traded in his drum sticks for football pads a while ago, but thanks to his father he's musically talented. He learned how to single out notes and play by ear on the keyboard and drums, his instrument of choice.
- "We made each other a promise. I said, ‘If you take care of the football, I'll take care of this cancer,'" Eugene Grissom said. "So far we've both owned up to it."
- Was a four-star recruit by Rivals.com and Scout.com coming out of high school.
- Recorded 76 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 20 quarterback hits, 7½ sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and eight passes defensed as a senior at Hutchinson High School.
- Named AVCTL Defensive Player of the Year and first team AVCTL defensive end in 2009 as well as all-Class, all-state Top 22 and first team 5A Defensive End as a senior.
- Majored in African-American studies at Oklahoma.