Jacob Hollister was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 5, 2017.
- Was inactive for the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Made his first-career start in a multiple-tight end formation and contributed with his first-career reception in the third quarter on a five-yard catch in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Caught one pass for 19 yards in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Was targeted once but held without a catch as a reserve tight end vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Saw limited snaps in a reserve role at tight end in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Saw one snap at tight end while contributing on special teams in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15) and vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Saw limited snaps at tight end but caught one pass for 13 yards while contributing mostly on special teams in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Played in 30 games at Wyoming and caught 75 passes for 1,114 yards and 12 touchdowns. Also rushed twice for 48 yards and one score. Most productive season came as a senior in 2016 when he racked up 32 receptions for 515 yards and seven touchdown.
- Earned first-team all conference honors at Arizona Western Junior College.
- Redshirted as a true freshman at Nevada before transferring to Arizona Western Community College and eventually earning a scholarship with Wyoming.
- Helped lead Mountain View High School to the 5A state championship as the team’s quarterback in his senior season, giving the city of Bend its first state title since 1940. Finished the 2011 season 112-of-172 passing for 1,855 yards with 31 touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Twin brother, Cody, was a wide receiver at Arkansas and was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent.