Jimmy Garoppolo was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (62nd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
- Completed 24-of-33 passes for 264 yards in his first career start in the season-opening win at Arizona (9/11) including a 37-yard touchdown pass and no interceptions. Was 8-of-10 on third-down passes, coverting seven. Also rushed for 12 yards on four carries and became just the fifth quarterback in the last 30 years to make his first regular-season start in a season-opening night game.
- Completed 18-of-26 passes for 232 yards and three touchdowns in the home opener vs. Miami before leaving the game with an injury in the second quarter. Led the Patriots on scoring drives in the first two opening drives of the 2016 season as well as on the first three straight scoring drives to start the game vs. Miami. All three drives ended in touchdown passes including a 12-yard pass to Danny Amendola, a 20-yard throw to Martellus Bennett, and another 10-yard pass to Amendola.
- Was inactive due to injury vs. Houston (9/22) and vs. Buffalo (10/2).
- Entered the game late after the lead was secured in a 33-13 win at Cleveland (10/9) and recorded one attempt
- Did not play as the backup quarterback in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16) and at Pittsburgh (10/23).
- Entered the game for the final four offensive plays and was sacked once for an 8-yard loss in the win at Buffalo (10/30).
- Did not play as the backup quarterback vs. Seattle (11/13), at San Francisco (11/20), at N.Y. Jets (11/27), vs. Los Angeles (12/4), vs. Baltimore (12/12) and at Denver (12/18).
- Entered the game vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24) with less than a minute to play in the third quarter and played the full fourth quarter finishing with one completion for six yards.
- Entered the game on the Patriots final offensive drive in the win at Miami (1/1) after the lead was secured at 35-14.
2015 (5/0, 0/0)
- Served as the backup quarterback to Tom Brady. Was active for all regular-season and playoff games.
- Played in five regular-season contests as a reserve and completed one pass on four attempts for six yards in the regular-season finale at Miami (1/3).
2014 (6/0, 1/0)
- Served as backup quarterback to Tom Brady. Appeared in six regular-season games in relief of Brady, completing 19-of-27 passes (70.4 %) for 182 yards and one touchdown.
- Played in one postseason game but did not accrue any statistics.
- Saw his first game action at Kansas City (9/29) after the game was out of reach and engineered a seven play, 81-yard drive that included a 37-yard pass to Brandon LaFell before he culminated the drive with a 13-yard touchdown pass to Rob Gronkowski. His first NFL completion was a five-yard pass to Julian Edelman.
- Came on for the final series in the win vs. Chicago (10/26), completing 3-of-3 passes for 22 yards to set up a Patriots field goal.
- Played the entire second half of the season finale vs. Buffalo (12/28), completing 10-of-17 passes for 90 yards. Also rushed four times for 16 yards.
- Came on for the final two offensive plays - both handoffs - in the AFC Championship Game win vs. Indianapolis (1/18).
- Started all 45 games that he appeared in for Eastern Illinois, completing 1,047-of-1,668 passes (62.8%) for 13,151 yards, 118 touchdowns and 51 interceptions. Added eight rushing touchdowns on 260 carries.
- Generated 13,089 yards in total offense in his career and was responsible for 126 touchdowns. Also handled some punting duties, kicking nine times for 287 yards (31.9 avg).
- Finished sixth in Football Championship Subdivision annals with 118 touchdown passes and seventh with 13,151 yards passing.
- Set Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) records with 1,047 pass completions for 13,151 yards and 118 touchdowns.
- Garoppolo's 13,089 yards in total offense saw him join New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton (10,298 yards; 1983-86) as the only Panthers to generate at least 10,000 yards in total offense for Eastern Illinois.
- Played quarterback at Rolling Meadows and passed for 1,888 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior, earning Northwest Suburban All-Area honors.
- Also rushed for 563 yards and seven touchdowns, helping lead his team to Mid-Suburban East League championships and IHSA Class 7A playoff berth.
- As a junior, passed for 2,072 yards and 18 touchdowns while completing 152-of-253 (60.1%) passes. Added 552 yards and 7 touchdowns on the ground.
- Brother Mike played football at Western Illinois.
- Studied managemet at Eastern Illinois.