Jimmy Garoppolo was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (62nd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
2015 (5/0, 0/0)
- Served as the backup quarterback to Tom Brady. Was active for all regular-season and playoff games.
- Played in five regular-season contests as a reserve and completed one pass on four attempts for six yards in the regular-season finale at Miami (1/3).
2014 (6/0, 1/0)
- Served as backup quarterback to Tom Brady. Appeared in six regular-season games in relief of Brady, completing 19-of-27 passes (70.4 %) for 182 yards and one touchdown.
- Played in one postseason game but did not accrue any statistics.
- Saw his first game action at Kansas City (9/29) after the game was out of reach and engineered a seven play, 81-yard drive that included a 37-yard pass to Brandon LaFell before he culminated the drive with a 13-yard touchdown pass to Rob Gronkowski. His first NFL completion was a five-yard pass to Julian Edelman.
- Came on for the final series in the win vs. Chicago (10/26), completing 3-of-3 passes for 22 yards to set up a Patriots field goal.
- Played the entire second half of the season finale vs. Buffalo (12/28), completing 10-of-17 passes for 90 yards. Also rushed four times for 16 yards.
- Came on for the final two offensive plays - both handoffs - in the AFC Championship Game win vs. Indianapolis (1/18).
- Started all 45 games that he appeared in for Eastern Illinois, completing 1,047-of-1,668 passes (62.8%) for 13,151 yards, 118 touchdowns and 51 interceptions. Added eight rushing touchdowns on 260 carries.
- Generated 13,089 yards in total offense in his career and was responsible for 126 touchdowns. Also handled some punting duties, kicking nine times for 287 yards (31.9 avg).
- Finished sixth in Football Championship Subdivision annals with 118 touchdown passes and seventh with 13,151 yards passing.
- Set Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) records with 1,047 pass completions for 13,151 yards and 118 touchdowns.
- Garoppolo's 13,089 yards in total offense saw him join New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton (10,298 yards; 1983-86) as the only Panthers to generate at least 10,000 yards in total offense for Eastern Illinois.
- Played quarterback at Rolling Meadows and passed for 1,888 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior, earning Northwest Suburban All-Area honors.
- Also rushed for 563 yards and seven touchdowns, helping lead his team to Mid-Suburban East League championships and IHSA Class 7A playoff berth.
- As a junior, passed for 2,072 yards and 18 touchdowns while completing 152-of-253 (60.1%) passes. Added 552 yards and 7 touchdowns on the ground.
- Brother Mike played football at Western Illinois.
- Studied managemet at Eastern Illinois.