Joe Cardona was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round (166th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
2017 (16/0, 3/0)
- Handled long-snapping duties and assisted on one special teams tackle vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Contributed on special teams with a solo tackle while handling long-snapping duties in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Handled long-snapping duties and also contributed on special teams while assisting on one special teams tackle in the win vs. Houston (9/24).
- Handled long-snapping duties while contributing on special teams units vs. Carolina (10/1) and in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Contributed on special teams with one special teams tackle while also handling long-snapping duties in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Handled long-snapping duties in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22) and was commended by head coach Bill Belichick for organizing an effort amongst players and coaches to donate 200 game tickets to military members.
- Handled long-snapping duties in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29), in the win at Denver (11/12), in the win at Oakland (11/19), in the win vs. Miami (11/26), in the win at Buffalo (12/3), at Miami (12/11), in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17), in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24) and in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Handled long-snapping duties in all three postseason contests, including Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2016 (16/0, 3/0)
- Handled long-snapping duties for all Patriots punts, field goals and extra points through all Patriots regular and postseason contests, including the Super Bowl LI victory vs. Atlanta (2/5). Posted three special teams tackles.
- Recorded one special teams tackle in the win vs. Cincinnati (10/16).
- Totaled one special teams tackle vs. Seattle (11/13).
- Recorded one special teams tackle in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4).
2015 (16/0, 2/0)
- Handled long-snapping duties for all punts and field goals through all 16 games of the regular season and both postseason contests.
- Made his NFL debut in the win vs. Pittsburgh (9/10).
- Recorded three special teams tackles at Denver (11/29).
- Four-year player at long snapper and regarded as one of the top long snappers in the country.
- Became only the second freshman to start at long snapper in program history.
- Earned four letters.
- Cardona graduated from the Naval Academy in 2015, where Bill Belichick’s father, Steve, served as an assistant football coach for 34 years.
- Cardona is the third Navy alum drafted by the Patriots, joining Heisman Trophy winner and Winchester native Joe Bellino (1961) and Max Lane (1994).
- Son of Patrick and Margaret Cardona.
- Two sport athlete who lettered twice in football and four years in lacrosse.
- Named conference MVP as a midfielder for lacrosse team his senior year.
- Commissioned as a Lieutenant (junior grade) in the Naval Reserves.
- Majored in economics at Navy.