Jonathan Jones was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 6, 2016.
2017 (16/4, 1/0)
- Contributed mainly on special teams where he made one tackle in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Contributed on defense as a reserve defensive back where he totaled two tackles and two passes defensed, with one breaking up a would-be second quarter touchdown to WR Ted Ginn that forced the Saints to settle for a field goal, and the second coming in the third quarter on a long pass to Saints WR Brandon Coleman in the victory at New Orleans (9/17). Also contributed on special teams.
- Saw significant time at defensive back in the nickel defense and contributed with three total tackles in the victory vs. Houston (9/24). Also contributed on special teams.
- Contributed in a reserve role at defensive back with two total tackles while adding another tackle on special teams vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Saw time as a reserve defensive back and contributed with one tackle and one pass defensed while also pitching in on special teams in the win at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Contributed in the secondary in the nickel defense with two tackles while also adding a special teams tackle in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Appeared in a reserve role at nickel back and finished with one tackle and a pass defensed in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Contributed at defensive back with two passes defensed and sealed the game with his first career interception on a Philip Rivers pass intended for the end zone with no time left on the clock in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29). Also contributed on special teams with one special teams tackle.
- Contributed in a reserve role at defensive back and finished with four tackles and a pass defensed in the win at Denver (11/12).
- Made his first start of the season at defensive back and helped contribute with five tackles and a pass defensed, including a tipped pass in the first quarter that led to an interception of QB Derek Carr by DB Duron Harmon in the victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Made his second start of the year as a defensive back and led the team in tackles with nine, while also recording the first sack of his career when he dropped QB Matt Moore for a 15-yard loss in the fourth quarter of the win vs. Miami (11/26). Also recovered a muffed punt by the Patriots that maintained possession for a drive that led to a Patriots touchdown in the third quarter.
- Started at defensive back and totaled two tackles while also contributing on special teams with two special teams tackles in the victory at Buffalo (12/3).
- Started at nickel back and totaled two tackles at Miami (12/11).
- Saw one snap as a reserve defensive back but contributed on special teams with one special teams tackle in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Contributed on special teams in the victory vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Saw time as a reserve defensive back in the nickel defense and finished with three tackles, while also contributing on special teams with two special teams tackles in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Saw limited snaps on defense but finished with one tackle as well as a special teams tackle before exiting the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13) due to injury in the fourth quarter.
- Was placed on Injured Reserve on Jan. 17, 2018.
2016 (16/1, 3/0)
- Made the team as a rookie free agent and played in all 16 regular-season games with one start in a nickel defense. Utilized mainly as a special teams contributor. Registered six tackles, one pass defensed, eight special teams tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery on special teams.
- Played in all three playoff games as a reserve and posted four special teams tackles.
- Made his NFL debut and totaled one special teams tackle in the win at Arizona (9/11).
- Recorded his first career defensive tackle in the win at Cleveland (10/9).
- Totaled two special teams tackles in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Recorded two total defensive tackles in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12).
- Made his first NFL start in the Patriots nickel defense in the win at Denver (12/18). Recovered a muffed punt to set up a Patriots scoring drive in the first quarter.
- Recorded one special teams tackle and forced one fumble on special teams in the win at Miami (1/1).
- Made his NFL postseason debut in the Divisional Round game vs. Houston (1/14).
- Led the team with three special teams tackles in the AFC Championship game vs. Pittsburgh (1/22).
- Played as a reserve in Super Bowl LI vs. Atlanta (2/5) and made a key tackle on a late-game kickoff that forced the Falcons to start a drive at their own 10-yard line.
- Four-year starter at cornerback, played in 45 games over four seasons and accumulated 129 tackles, seven interceptions, 26 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries at Auburn.
- Ranked ninth nationally as a junior with six interceptions in 2014.
- Born Sept. 20, 1993, to Stacey and Sharon Jones.
- Majored in business administration at Auburn.