Jonathan Jones was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 6, 2016.
- Contributed mainly on special teams where he made one tackle in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Contributed on defense as a reserve defensive back where he totaled two tackles and two passes defensed, with one breaking up a would-be second quarter touchdown to WR Ted Ginn that forced the Saints to settle for a field goal, and the second coming in the third quarter on a long pass to Saints WR Brandon Coleman in the victory at New Orleans (9/17). Also contributed on special teams.
- Saw significant time at defensive back in the nickel defense and contributed with three total tackles in the victory vs. Houston (9/24). Also contributed on special teams.
- Contributed in a reserve role at defensive back with two total tackles while adding another tackle on special teams vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Saw time as a reserve defensive back and contributed with one tackle and one pass defensed while also pitching in on special teams in the win at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Contributed in the secondary in the nickel defense with two tackles while also adding a special teams tackle in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Appeared in a reserve role at nickel back and finished with one tackle and a pass defensed in the victory vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Contributed at defensive back with two passes defensed and sealed the game with his first career interception on a Philip Rivers pass intended for the end zone with no time left on the clock in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29). Also contributed on special teams with one special teams tackle.
2016 (16/1, 3/0)
- Made the team as a rookie free agent and played in all 16 regular-season games with one start in a nickel defense. Utilized mainly as a special teams contributor. Registered six tackles, one pass defensed, eight special teams tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery on special teams.
- Played in all three playoff games as a reserve and posted four special teams tackles.
- Made his NFL debut and totaled one special teams tackle in the win at Arizona (9/11).
- Recorded his first career defensive tackle in the win at Cleveland (10/9).
- Totaled two special teams tackles in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Recorded two total defensive tackles in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12).
- Made his first NFL start in the Patriots nickel defense in the win at Denver (12/18). Recovered a muffed punt to set up a Patriots scoring drive in the first quarter.
- Recorded one special teams tackle and forced one fumble on special teams in the win at Miami (1/1).
- Made his NFL postseason debut in the Divisional Round game vs. Houston (1/14).
- Led the team with three special teams tackles in the AFC Championship game vs. Pittsburgh (1/22).
- Played as a reserve in Super Bowl LI vs. Atlanta (2/5) and made a key tackle on a late-game kickoff that forced the Falcons to start a drive at their own 10-yard line.
- Four-year starter at cornerback, played in 45 games over four seasons and accumulated 129 tackles, seven interceptions, 26 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries at Auburn.
- Ranked ninth nationally as a junior with six interceptions in 2014.
- Born Sept. 20, 1993, to Stacey and Sharon Jones.
- Majored in business administration at Auburn.