Jordan Richards was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (64th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
- Started at defensive back in the nickel defense and totaled four tackles to go along with a forced a fumble on the opening drive in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7). Also contributed on special teams with two tackles.
- Appeared in a reserve role at defensive back where he totaled two tackles, while also contibuting on special teams in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Saw limited snaps on defense at defensive back and contributed on special teams in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Contributed on special teams with one special teams tackle vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Saw action in a reserve role at defensive back and made three tackles while also contributing on special teams in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Started at safety and made three tackles total while also contributing on special teams in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Started at safety but saw limited defensive snaps while also contributing on special teams vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Made the start at safety and finished with one tackle and a pass defensed despite limited defensive snaps, while also contributing on special teams in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
2016 (11/0, 0/0)
- Saw action in 11 regular-season games, mainly on special teams. Made three special teams tackles and recovered one fumble.
- Was inactive for five regular-season games and all three postseason contests.
- Recorded one fumble recovery on a kickoff following a forced fumble by Nate Ebner that led to a touchdown in the win vs. Houston (9/22).
- Recorded one special teams tackle in the win at Cleveland (10/9).
2015 (14/2, 2/0)
- Played in 14 regular-season games with two starts and registered 17 tackles, two passes defensed, one forced fumble and two special teams tackles.
- Played mostly on special teams and in nickel and dime situations on defense.
- Appeared in both playoff contests as a reserve but did not accrue any statistics.
- Was a healthy scratch at Denver (11/29) and vs. Philadelphia (12/6).
- Made his debut on defense, playing safety and recording two tackles in the win vs. Jacksonville (9/27).
- Made his first NFL start at defensive back in nickel defense and posted two tackles, one pass defensed and one special teams stop in the win vs. Tennessee (12/20).
- Started at safety in base defense with safety Patrick Chung inactive due to injury and had a season-high seven tackles at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Played in 54 games with 44 starts over his career and registered 247 tackles, one sack, nine interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 24 passes defensed and five forced fumbles.
- Was an All-Pac-12 first team selection twice and an All-Pac-12 All-Academic first team selection over his final three seasons.
- Jordan's father, Terry, is a native of Natick, Mass., and played football at Tufts from 1975 - 1979.
- Was born in Sacramento, Calif.
- Father, Terrence, is a native of Natick, Mass., and played football as a defensive lineman at Tufts from 1975-79.
- Has one sister, Ashley.
- Was the Delta River League All-Purpose MVP and first team all-league defense as a senior after compiling 56 rushes for 563 yards and six touchdowns rushing and 69 receptions for 1,068 yards and 11 touchdowns receiving on offense as well as 61 tackles and two interceptions on defense.
- Helped the team to CIF Division II state, Sac-Joaquin Section and Delta River League titles.
- Earned three varsity letters and also lettered in basketball.
- Majored in public policy at Stanford.