Jordan Richards was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (64th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
- Saw action on special teams and limited time on defense in the season-opening night win at Arizona (9/11).
- Played on special teams and in a limited role on defense in the win vs. Miami (9/18).
- Recorded one special teams fumble recovery in the win vs. Houston (9/22).
- Saw action on special teams vs. Buffalo (10/2).
- Recorded one special teams tackle in the win at Cleveland (10/9).
- Played on special teams vs. Cincinnati (10/16).
- Was inactive at Pittsburgh (10/23).
- Played on special teams and in a limited role on defense in the win at Buffalo (10/30)
- Saw action on special teams vs. Seattle (11/13).
- Contributed on special teams in the win at San Francisco (11/20).
- Contributed on one special teams tackle in the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Was inactive due to injury in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4), in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12) and in the win at Denver (12/18).
- Returned to action in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24) and saw action on special teams in addition to limited action on defense.
- Was inactive in the win at Miami (1/1).
2015 (14/2, 2/0)
- Played in 14 regular-season games with two starts and registered 17 tackles, two passes defensed, one forced fumble and two special teams tackles.
- Played mostly on special teams and in nickel and dime situations on defense.
- Appeared in both playoff contests as a reserve but did not accrue any statistics.
- Was a healthy scratch at Denver (11/29) and vs. Philadelphia (12/6).
- Made his debut on defense, playing safety and recording two tackles in the win vs. Jacksonville (9/27).
- Made his first NFL start at defensive back in nickel defense and posted two tackles, one pass defensed and one special teams stop in the win vs. Tennessee (12/20).
- Started at safety in base defense with safety Patrick Chung inactive due to injury and had a season-high seven tackles at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Played in 54 games with 44 starts over his career and registered 247 tackles, one sack, nine interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 24 passes defensed and five forced fumbles.
- Was an All-Pac-12 first team selection twice and an All-Pac-12 All-Academic first team selection over his final three seasons.
- Jordan's father, Terry, is a native of Natick, Mass., and played football at Tufts from 1975 - 1979.
- Was born in Sacramento, Calif.
- Father, Terrence, is a native of Natick and played football as a defensive lineman at Tufts from 1975-79.
- Has one sister, Ashley.
- Was the Delta River League All-Purpose MVP and first team all-league defense as a senior after compiling 56 rushes for 563 yards and six touchdowns rushing and 69 receptions for 1,068 yards and 11 touchdowns receiving on offense and 61 tackles and two interceptions on defense.
- Helped the team to CIF Division II state, Sac-Joaquin Section and Delta River League titles.
- Earned three varsity letters and also lettered in basketball.
- Majored in public policy at Stanford.