Jordan Richards was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (64th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
2015 (14/2, 2/0)
- Contributed on defense and special teams in the AFC Championship at Denver (1/24).
- Made his playoff debut and contributed on defense and special teams in the playoff victory vs. Kansas City (1/16).
- Posted one tackle at Miami (1/3).
- Started at safety seven tackles, five solo, at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Made his first NFL start at defensive back and posted two solo tackles, one pass defensed and one special teams stop in the win vs. Tennessee (12/20).
- Contributed on defense and special teams in the win at Houston (12/13).
- Was inactive vs. Philadelphia (12/6).
- Was inactive at Denver (11/29).
- Contributed on special teams in the win vs. Buffalo (11/23).
- Contributed at safety and on special teams in the win vs. N.Y. Giants (11/15).
- Contributed at safety and on special teams in the win vs. Washington (11/8).
- Recorded two tackles in the win vs. Miami (10/29).
- Posted one tackle as a safety on defense and one tackle on special teams in the win vs. the New York Jets (10/25).
- Contributed on defense and special teams, posting one solo tackle in the win at Indianapolis (10/18).
- Contributed on defense and special teams, posting one solo tackle in the win at Dallas (10/11).
- Made his debut on defense, playing some safety in the win vs. Jacksonville (9/27). Richards tallied two solo tackles and one pass defensed.
- Contributed on special teams through the first two games of the season.
- Played in 54 games with 44 starts over his career and registered 247 tackles, one sack, nine interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 24 passes defensed and five forced fumbles.
- Was an All-Pac-12 first team selection twice and an All-Pac-12 All-Academic first team selection over his final three seasons.
- Was born in Sacramento, Calif.
- Father, Terrence, is a native of Natick and played football as a defensive lineman at Tufts from 1975-79.
- Has one sister, Ashley.
- Was the Delta River League All-Purpose MVP and first team all-league defense as a senior after compiling 56 rushes for 563 yards and six touchdowns rushing and 69 receptions for 1,068 yards and 11 touchdowns receiving on offense and 61 tackles and two interceptions on defense.
- Helped the team to CIF Division II state, Sac-Joaquin Section and Delta River League titles.
- Earned three varsity letters and also lettered in basketball.
- Majored in public policy at Stanford.