Keshawn Martin was acquired by the New England Patriots from Houston in a trade in exchange for a future draft selection on Sept. 17, 2015 ... Originally drafted by Houston in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
2015 (9/8, 2/0 - Houston/New England)
- Contributed on offense and returned one kickoff for 19 yards in the AFC Championship at Denver (1/24).
- Caught two passes for 57 yards, including a career long 42-yard reception in the second quarter and returned one kickoff 26 yards in the playoff victory vs. Kansas City (1/16).
- Started at wide receiver and caught one pass for four yards at Miami (1/3). Also returned two punts for 27 yards.
- Started at wide receiver and set career highs with seven receptions for 68 yards at N.Y. Jets (12/27). Martin also contributed on special teams, returning two punts for 19 yards and two kickoffs for 47 yards.
- Started at wide receiver and caught three passes for 26 yards in the win vs. Tennessee (12/20). Also returned a kickoff 75 yards, the longest of his career.
- Started at wide receiver. Caught three passes for 23 yards and a 2-yard touchdown from Tom Brady in the win at Houston (12/13). Also contributed on special teams, returning four punts for 42 yards and three kickoffs for 67 yards.
- Started at wide receiver. Caught three passes for 45 yards and returned four kickoffs for 68 yards vs. Philadelphia (12/6).
- Returned to action after missing the last five games due to injury and started at wide receiver, catching one pass for eight yards at Denver (11/29).
- Was inactive in the win vs. Buffalo (11/23).
- Was inactive in the win vs. N.Y. Giants (11/15).
- Was inactive in the win vs. Washington (11/8).
- Was inactive in the win vs. Miami (10/29).
- Was inactive in the win vs. the New York Jets (10/25).
- Started at wide receiver for the second week in a row and posted one 39-yard catch that marks the longest reception of his career in the win at Indianapolis (10/18).
- Made his first career start as a Patriot and posted two catches for 23 yards, including a 16-yard reception. The catch marks Martin's longest reception of the season through five weeks in the win at Dallas (10/11).
- Made his Patriots debut in the win vs. Jacksonville (9/27). Caught three passes for 33 yards and a 13-yard touchdown.
- Was inactive in the win at Buffalo (9/20).
- Began the season with Houston before being traded to the Patriots on Sept. 17.
- Was active but did not play for Houston in their season openver vs. Kansas City (9/13).
2014 (16/ 0 – Houston)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games and posted six receptions for 78 yards and returned 25 punts for 154 yards. Also returned one kickoff for 19 yards.
- Tied a career long with a 32-yard reception and returned two punts for 20 yards vs. Tennessee (11/20).
2013 (16/1 – Houston)
- Saw action in all 16 regular-season games with one start and recorded a career-high 22 receptions for 253 yards and two touchdowns.
- Served as the team’s primary return specialist, recording 36 kickoff returns for 947 yards (fourth in NFL) and 21 punt returns for 345 yards (sixth in NFL) and one touchdown.
- Caught two passes for a career-high 37 yards and returned four kickoffs for 104 yards along with five punt returns for nine yards vs. Tennessee (9/15).
- Set franchise records for longest punt return (87 yards for a touchdown) and most punt return yards (seven for 125 yards) vs. Oakland (11/17).
- Recorded a season-long 50-yard kick return and made his only start of the season at wide receiver vs. New England (12/1).
- Caught a career-high tying four passes for 28 yards and his first receiving touchdown of the season at Jacksonville (12/5).
2012 (16/1, 2/0 – Houston)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games with one start and compiled 10 receptions and one touchdown along with four rushes for 53 yards. Also accrued 741 yards on 31 kickoff returns and 267 yards on 10 punt returns.
- Appeared in both playoff games and had one rushing attempt for 16 yards and five punt returns for 31 yards.
- Made his first career start and caught his first career touchdown pass to go along with an NFL season-high 238 total return yards vs. Jacksonville (11/18).
- Four-year letter winner finished his career ranked second at Michigan State in punt return yards (659), fourth in punt returns (65), eighth in kick return yards(1,100) and kick returns (47), 10th in all-purpose yards (4,013), 11th in receptions (127), 16th in receiving yards (1,714) and tied for 17th in touchdown receptions (10) in 48 games with 16 starts.
- Accounted for touchdowns in five different ways in his career (rushing, receiving, passing, punt return and kick return).
- Two-year starter at John Glenn High School in Westland, Mich., where he earned all-conference honors as a quarterback after accounting for 1,551 total yards and 17 touchdowns in 2007.
- Was division 1 all-state selection as a defensive back in 2007 and Detroit News All-Metro West Team as a senior.
- Also participated in basketball and track.