Keshawn Martin was acquired by the New England Patriots along with a 2016 sixth-round draft selection from Houston in a trade in exchange for a 2016 fifth-round draft selection on Sept. 17, 2015 ... Originally drafted by Houston in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
2015 (9/8, 2/0 - New England)
- Played in nine regular-season games with eight starts and registered 24 receptions for 269 yards (11.2 avg.) and two touchdowns and one rushing attempt for six yards. Was also utilized on special teams where he returned 10 kickoffs for 257 yards (25.7 avg.) and eight punts for 92 yards (11.5 avg.).
- Appeared as a reserve in both playoff games and caught two passes for 57 yards (28.5 avg.) and returned two kickoffs for 45 yards (22.5 avg.).
- Was a healthy scratch at Buffalo (9/20) immediately following his trade to the Patriots and inactive for five games due to injury.
- Made his Patriots debut in the win vs. Jacksonville (9/27). Caught three passes for 33 yards, including a 13-yard touchdown from Tom Brady in the third quarter.
- Caught three passes for 23 yards and a 2-yard touchdown reception in the win at Houston (12/13).
- Started at wide receiver and caught three passes for 26 yards in the win vs. Tennessee (12/20). Also returned a kickoff 75 yards, the longest of his career. The return set up a touchdown on the next play.
- Started at wide receiver and set career highs with seven receptions for 68 yards at N.Y. Jets (12/27).
- Caught two passes for 57 yards, including a career - long 42-yard reception during a second-quarter touchdown drive in the Divisional Playoff vs. Kansas City (1/16).
2015 (0/0 – Houston)
- Started the year with the Texans and was active, but did not play in Week 1 before being traded to New England.
2014 (16/0 – Houston)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games and posted six receptions for 78 yards and returned 25 punts for 154 yards. Also returned one kickoff for 19 yards.
- Tied a career long with a 32-yard reception and returned two punts for 20 yards vs. Tennessee (11/20).
2013 (16/1 – Houston)
- Saw action in all 16 regular-season games with one start and recorded a career-high 22 receptions for 253 yards and two touchdowns.
- Served as the team's primary return specialist, recording 36 kickoff returns for 947 yards (fourth in NFL) and 21 punt returns for 345 yards (sixth in NFL) and one touchdown.
- Caught two passes for a then career-high 37 yards and returned four kickoffs for 104 yards along with five punt returns for nine yards vs. Tennessee (9/15).
- Set franchise records for longest punt return (87 yards for a touchdown) and most punt return yards (seven for 125 yards) vs. Oakland (11/17).
- Recorded a season-long 50-yard kick return and made his only start of the season at wide receiver vs. New England (12/1).
- Caught a career-high tying four passes for 28 yards and his first receiving touchdown of the season at Jacksonville (12/5).
2012 (16/1, 2/0 – Houston)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games with one start and compiled 10 receptions and one touchdown along with four rushes for 53 yards. Also accrued 741 yards on 31 kickoff returns and 267 yards on 10 punt returns.
- Appeared in both playoff games and had one rushing attempt for 16 yards and five punt returns for 31 yards.
- Made his first career start and caught his first career touchdown pass to go along with an NFL season-high 238 total return yards vs. Jacksonville (11/18).
- Four-year letter winner finished his career ranked second at Michigan State in punt return yards (659), fourth in punt returns (65), eighth in kick return yards(1,100) and kick returns (47), 10th in all-purpose yards (4,013), 11th in receptions (127), 16th in receiving yards (1,714) and tied for 17th in touchdown receptions (10) in 48 games with 16 starts.
- Accounted for touchdowns in five different ways in his career (rushing, receiving, passing, punt return and kick return).
- Two-year starter at John Glenn High School in Westland, Mich., where he earned all-conference honors as a quarterback after accounting for 1,551 total yards and 17 touchdowns in 2007.
- Was division 1 all-state selection as a defensive back in 2007 and Detroit News All-Metro West Team as a senior.
- Also participated in basketball and track.