Malcolm Mitchell was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2016 (14/6) (2/2)
- Played in 14 regular-season games with six starts and tallied 32 receptions for 401 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie.
- Started both playoff games he appeared in and notched seven receptions for 75 yards.
- Was inactive due to injury at Buffalo (10/30), at Miami (1/1) and the Divisional Playoff vs. Houston (1/14).
- Made the start at wide receiver in his NFL debut and made two catches for 33 yards in the win at Arizona (9/11). Caught his first career pass in the third quarter for 28 yards from Jimmy Garoppolo. The drive eventually led to a touchdown.
- Led all receivers with 98 yards on four catches from Tom Brady, including his first-career touchdown on a 56-yard score in the fourth quarter that helped put the game out of reach in the win at San Francisco (11/20).
- Caught five passes for 42 yards and two touchdowns in the victory at N.Y. Jets (11/27). Scored on a 4-yard reception in the second quarter and on an 8-yard pass with 1:56 remaining in the comeback win.
- Finished the game tied for the team lead with eight receptions for 82 yards in the win vs. Los Angeles (12/4).
- Caught four passes for 41 yards and a touchdown in the win vs. Baltimore (12/12).
- Started in his postseason debut at receiver and caught one pass for 5 yards in the win vs. Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game (1/22).
- Started at wide receiver and was a major contributor with six receptions for 70 yards in the win over Atlanta in Super Bowl LI (2/5). Caught a key 12-yard pass on third-and-11 to help keep a touchdown drive alive that made it a one-possession game.
- Played in 47 games with 35 starts over five years at Georgia and finished third in school history with 174 receptions for 2,351 yards and 16 touchdowns. Also posted nine rushing attempts for 70 yards.
- Named UGA Comeback Player of the Year in 2014 after missing almost all of the 2013 season with a knee injury.
- H Named offensive captain as a senior in 2015. Started all 13 games and posted career highs with 58 receptions for 866 yards and five touchdowns.
- Earned the David Jacobs Award, given annually to the player who best portrayed courage, spirit, character and determination.
- Played in nine games with three starts in 2014 and finished third on the team with 31 receptions for 248 yards and three scores. Named UGA Comeback Player of the Year after missing almost all of the 2013 season with a torn ACL.
- Played in one game, making one start and sustained a torn ACL in the first quarter of the season-opener and missed the remainder of the season as a junior in 2013.
- Played in 13 games with nine starts as a sophomore in 2012, and was second on the team with 572 receiving yards on 40 catches and played on defense through the fourth game of the season.
- Named Freshman All-SEC by SEC Coaches and All-SEC Third Team by Phil Steele and was one of team’s Newcomer of the Year Award recipients (offense).
- Played in 11 games making nine starts catching 45 passes for 665 yards and four touchdowns.
- Set a Valdosta HS single-season reception record in 2010 with 77 catches for 1,419 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior.
- Earned numerous awards, including 2010 Georgia Sports Writers Association All-State team on offense.
- Majored in communication studies at Georgia.
- Malcolm Mitchell used to find reading difficult and boring and it wasn't until college that he realized his struggle with it. Then, while rehabbing from a knee injury that forced him to miss most of the 2013 football season at Georgia, Mitchell became a voracious reader. He started reading up to four books a week and even joined a book club. His love for reading grew and even led to writing his own book, "The Magician's Hat".