Marquis Flowers was acquired by the New England Patriots from Cincinnati in a trade in exchange for a 2018 seventh round draft choice on Aug. 29, 2017 ... Originally drafted by Cincinnati in the sixth round (212th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
2017 (16/2, 3/0)
- Contributed on special teams in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Contributed on special teams with one solo tackle in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Made his first appearance as a Patriot on defense in a reserve role at linebacker and finished with one tackle while also contributing on special teams with one special teams tackle in the win vs. Houston (9/24).
- Appeared in a reserve role at linebacker and totaled one tackle while also contributing on special teams vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Contributed on special teams in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5), in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15) and in the win vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Saw limited snaps on defense as a linebacker but finished with one tackle in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Contributed in a reserve role at linebacker with a pass defensed while also making special teams contributions in the win at Denver (11/12).
- Saw time as a reserve linebacker and finished with four tackles, while also forcing a key fumble of WR Seth Roberts late in the first half with the Raiders driving inside the red zone looking to cut their deficit to one score in the victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca. The fumble recovery led to a Patriots field goal to extend their lead to three scores as time expired in the first half.
- Contributed in a reserve role at linebacker and finished with one tackle in the win vs. Miami (11/26). Left the game in the third quarter due to injury but returned to action.
- Totaled two tackles as a reserve linebacker in the win at Buffalo (12/3).
- Made his first start as a Patriot at linebacker and finished with five tackles at Miami (12/11).
- Saw limited snaps as a reserve linebacker but finished with one tackle while also contributing on special teams in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Made his second start of the season at linebacker in place of Kyle Van Noy and lead the team in tackles with 10 total, while also recording the first sacks of his career in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24). He recorded his first sack of QB Tyrod Taylor for a 6-yard loss on a fourth-down play in the second quarter and later added a 1-yard sack late in the fourth quarter.
- Contributed in a reserve role at linebacker and finished with four tackles, while also adding an 8-yard sack in the second quarter of the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Contributed as a reserve linebacker and finished with four tackles total and his first-career postseason sack on a third-quarter takedown of QB Marcus Mariota for an 8-yard loss in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Had contributions as a reserve linebacker and made one tackle in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Contributed as a reserve linebacker and made one tackle while also contributing on special teams in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2016 (16/0 - Cincinnati)
- Played in all 16 regular season games as a reserve, primarily on special teams, and finished third on the team with eight special teams tackles.
- Tied for the team lead with two special teams tackles at Dallas (10/9).
2015 (0/0, 0/0 - Cincinnati)
- Suffered a shoulder injury in the preseason finale and was placed on Injured Reserve prior to the start of the regular season.
2014 (16/1, 1/0 - Carolina)
- Played in all 16 regular season contests with one start, posting five tackles on defense and three on special teams. Also registered one pass defensed.
- Played as a reserve in the Wild Card playoff at Indianapolis (1/4) and recorded five tackles.
- Made his first career start vs. Denver (12/22) and made one tackle on defense and one on special teams.
- Appeared in 50 games with 35 starts at Arizona and posted 272 career tackles, 7½ sacks, five interceptions, five forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and eight passes defensed.
- Hometown is Phoenix, Ariz. Attended Millennium High School, where he earned Class 5A All-State honors as a two-way senior. Rushed for 1,247 yards and 16 touchdowns as a senior, while logging 46 tackles and two interceptions on defense
- Was selected for U.S. Army All-America game following his senior campaign.
- Majored at Arizona in social behavior and human understanding.
- Has a son Braylen, and a daughter, Alianah.