Martellus Bennett was claimed off waivers from Green Bay and awarded to New England on Nov. 9, 2017 ... Originally drafted by Dallas in the second round (61st overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft ... Signed by N.Y. Giants as an unrestricted free agent from Dallas (3/14/12) ... Signed by Chicago as an unrestricted free agent from N.Y. Giants (3/12/13) ... Acquired by New England from Chicago along with a 2016 sixth-round draft selection (204th overall) in a trade in exchange for a 2016 fourthround draft selection (127th overall) (3/17/16) ... Signed by Green Bay as an unrestricted free agent from New England (3/10/17) ... Released by Green Bay (11/8/17)
2017 (2/0 - New England)
- Saw limited snaps at tight end but was an immediate contributor bringing in three catches for 38 yards, including a season-long 27-yard catch after rejoining the team two days prior to the victory at Denver (11/12).
- Contributed as a reserve tight end and caught three passes for 15 yards total in the 33-8 victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Missed the victory vs. Miami (11/26) due to injury.
- Was placed on Injured Reserve on Nov. 27.
2017 (7/7 - Green Bay)
- Started the first seven games of the season for Green Bay and totaled 24 receptions for 233 yards before being released on Nov. 8, 2017.
2016 (16/12, 3/3)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games with 12 starts and recorded 55 receptions for 701 yards and a careerhigh seven touchdowns. Also rushed twice for 10 yards.
- Started all three playoff games and posted 11 receptions for 98 yards.
- Caught three passes for 14 yards after making the start at tight end in the win at Arizona (9/11) in his Patriots debut.
- Went over 100 yards receiving for the third time in his NFL carrer after finishing with five receptions for 114 yards and a touchdown in the win vs. Miami (9/18).
- Surpassed 100 receiving yards for the fourth time in his career and for the second time in 2016 after finishing with five receptions for 109 yards vs. Buffalo (10/2). Also set a career long when he caught a 58-yard pass from QB Jacoby Brissett in the second quarter.
- Had his first three-touchdown day and the third NFL multi-touchdown game of his career in the win at Cleveland (10/9). Finished the game with a team-high six receptions for 67 yards.
- Set a single-season best with his third 100-yard game of the 2016 season after finishing with 102 yards on seven receptions vs. Seattle (11/13).
- Caught a two-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady on the game's opening drive for his seventh score of the year to set a single-season career best in the win at Miami (1/1). Finished the game with three receptions for a total of 33 yards.
- Caught five passes for 62 yards in the Super Bowl LI win vs. Atlanta (2/5), including a 25-yard reception on third down in the fourth quarter to keep the Patriots drive alive that eventually lead to a field goal to help spark the late-game comeback.
2015 (11/11 - Chicago Bears)
- Started all 11 games he played in and posted 53 receptions for 439 yards (8.3 avg.) and three touchdowns.
- Missed the final four games of the season after being placed on Injured Reserve on Dec. 8 with a rib injury.
- Was inactive at Green Bay (11/26) due to injury.
- Registered a season-high 11 receptions for 83 yards and a touchdown vs. Oakland (10/4).
2014 (16/15 - Chicago Bears)
- Earned first Pro Bowl selection after setting single-season franchise record for receptions by a tight end (90), while ranking second in Bears annals for receiving yards by a TE (916)... Added career-high 6 TD receptions... Finished first among NFL tight ends in receptions, third in receiving yards and tied for seventh in TD catches... 478 yards after the catch were third amongst NFL TEs and his 6 receptions of 25+ yards, tied for third at that position... Appeared in all 16 contests for third-straight season and fifth time overall, starting every game but Week 2 at San Francisco.
2013 (16/15 - Chicago Bears)
- Hauled in 65 receptions for 759 receiving yards (11.7 ypc) and 5 touchdown catches in first season with the Bears... Caught game-winning 10-yard TD with 10 seconds remaining in Week 2 vs. MIN (9/15)... Appeared in all 16 contests, starting each game but Game 6 vs. NYG (10/10).
2012 (16/16 - New York Giants)
- Started all 16 games for the Giants, hauling in 55 receptions for 626 receiving yards (11.4 ypc) and 5 TD catches... 5 receptions of 25-plus yards were tied for sixth in the NFL among tight ends.
2011 (14/7 - Dallas Cowboys)
- Played in 14 games with 7 starts for Dallas... Grabbed 17 catches for 144 yards.
2010 (16/11 - Dallas Cowboys)
- Appeared in all 16 contests for Dallas with 11 starts... Collected 33 receptions for 260 yards.
2009 (14/6, 2/1 - Dallas Cowboys)
- Started 6 of 14 contests played during the regular season for the Cowboys... Gathered 15 receptions for 159 yards... Missed 2 games: vs. SD (12/13) and at NO (12/19) due to concussion suffered at NYG (12/6)... Appeared in both postseason contests for Dallas, starting 1, hauling in 3 receptions for 27 yards.
2008 (16/7 - Dallas Cowboys)
- During rookie season in Dallas, appeared in all 16 games with 7 starts, recording 20 receptions for 283 yards with 4 TDs... Made NFL debut at CLE (9/7)... Started first career contest vs. PHI (9/15).
- Finished Texas A&M career with 105 receptions, 1,246 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns.
- Established a school record with at least one reception in 29 consecutive games.
- Lettered twice for the Texas A&M basketball team, appearing in 26 games as a reserve forward.
- Martellus' older brother, Michael, plays defensive tackle for the Seattle Seahawks. Bennett is one of four New England Patriots with a brother that is an active player in the NFL
- Attended Alief High School in Taylor, Texas, where he was a three-year starter at tight end.
- Was a consensus prep All-America selection, a two-time all-district and all-greater Houston choice. Earned first-team Class 5A all-state honors from the TSWA as a senior in 2004.
- Also played basketball, picking up all-greater Houston accolades as a senior.
- Older brother, Michael, plays for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Married to wife, Siggi and the couple has a daughter.
- Majored in communications at Texas A&M.