Matt Lengel was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the Cincinnati practice squad on Nov. 2, 2016 ... Originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent (5/8/15) ... Released by Cincinnati (9/5/15) ... Signed by Cincinnati to the practice squad (9/6/15) ... Released by Cincinnati (9/3/16) ... Signed by Cincinnati to the practice squad (9/4/16).
2016 (0/0 - Cincinnati)
- Went to training camp with Cincinnati and began the season on the practice squad.
2016 (6/0, 3/0)
- Joined the New England 53-man roster from the Cincinnati practice squad on Nov. 2. Appeared in six regular-season games as a reserve and caught two passes for 22 yards and one touchdown.
- Played in all three playoff games as a reserve and made one special teams tackle.
- Was inactive vs. Seattle (11/13) and at N.Y. Jets (11/27).
- Made his Patriots debut in the win at San Francisco (11/20), playing limited snaps at tight end.
- Caught an 18-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady on his very first NFL reception during the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24).
- Made one reception for 4 yards in the win at Miami (1/1).
- Made his NFL postseason debut and recorded one special teams tackle in the Divisional Round victory vs. Houston (1/14).
2015 (0/0 - Cincinnati)
- Spent the 2015 season on the Cincinnati practice squad.
- Played in 37 games over the course of a five-season career at Eastern Kentcuky where he totaled 33 receptions for 361 yards.
- Came back from an injury as a senior in 2014 after suffereing ACL tears in the same knee during both the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
- Played in 12 games as a senior in 2014 and finished fifth on the team in catches with 16 for 139 yards.
- Started 19 of 23 games during the 2010 and 2011 seasons and totaled 18 receptions.
- Transfered to EKU after redshirting in 2009 at Northeastern.
- Attended Cumberland Valley High School in Mechanicsburg, Pa. where he was named to Mid-State Top 100 as a senior and served as a team captain.
- Posted 25 receptions for 420 yards as a senior and also played defensive end where he recorded seven sacks.
- Was also a starter in basketball.
- Earned a degree in political science from Eastern Kentucky in May 2013.
- Son of Brian and Beth Lengel.