Michael Floyd was claimed off waivers from Arizona and awarded to the New England Patriots on December 15, 2016 ... Originally selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the first round (13th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft ... Released by Arizona (12/14/16).
- Floyd had a breakout year in his second NFL season, totaling 65 receptions for 1,041 yards and five touchdowns in 2013. He became the 12th player in Cardinals history to record 1,000 receiving yards in a season.
- Hauled in his first career game-winning catch in Week 16 of the 2013 season at Seattle on a 31-yard touchdown reception late in the fourth quarter to snap the Seahawks NFL-besr 14-game home win streak.
- Made two receptions in the Cardinals 26-20 victory over the Pakcers in the Divisional round of the 2015 playoffs to mark the fifth multi-touchdown performance of his career and his first in the postseason.
- His five 100-yard receiving games in 2015 set a career-high for a single season.
2016 (2/1, 1/1- New England)
- Was inactive for the Patriots win at Denver (12/18).
- Played in his first game with the Patriots in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/24) and caught a 6-yard pass from QB Jimmy Garoppolo in the fourth quarter.
- Caught his first touchdown pass in a Patriot uniform on a 14-yard reception from Tom Brady in the first quarter of the win at Miami (1/1). Also made his first start as a Patriot and finished the game with a total of three receptions for 36 yards and the touchdown.
- Recorded one reception for nine yards in the Divisional Round victory vs. Houston (1/14) after making the start at wide receiver.
- Was inactive for the Patriots AFC Championship win vs. Pittsburgh (1/22) as well as the Super Bowl LI victory over Atlanta (2/5).
2016 (13/7 - Arizona)
- Finished the game with three receptions for 61 yards in the season-opening loss vs. New England (9/11).
- Caught his first touchdown pass of the year on a 1-yard reception in the end zone from Carson Palmer in the second quarter of the win vs. Tampa Bay (9/18). Totaled two receptions for eight yards in the victory.
- Brought down four receptions for 65 yards in the loss at Buffalo (9/25).
- Caught a five-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer in the second quarter of the game vs. Los Angeles (10/2) to tie the score at 10 heading into the half. Finished the day with three total catches for 36 yards.
- Saw action in a reserve role at wide receiver in the win at San Francisco (10/6).
- Recorded a nine-yard touchdown reception when he caught a pass from Carson Palmer in the fourth quarter of the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/17). Finished the game with two total catches for 22 yards.
- Totaled five receptions for 65 yards in the tie with Seattle (10/23).
- Played in a reserve role at wide receiver in the loss at Carolina (10/30).
- Recorded his first 100-yard game of 2016 when he finished with 101 yards on five receptions in the win at San Francisco (11/13).
- Totaled two receptions for 21 yards in the loss at Minnesota (11/20).
- Made two catches for 31 yards in the loss at Atlanta (11/27).
- Caught a six-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer in the third quarter of the win vs. Washington (12/4) to go along with three total receptions for 18 yards.
- Made two receptions for 18 yards in the loss at Miami (12/11).
- Released by Arizona (12/14) and claimed off waivers and awarded to New England (12/15).
2015 (15/6 - Arizona)
- Finished the season third on the team with 52 catches for 849 yards and six touchdowns to help the Cardinals finish with the No.1 offense in the NFL for the first time in team history and also set a franchise record for points with 489 and touchdowns with 59.
- Added six catches for 63 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' two postseason contests.
- Led the team with a career-best five 100-yard receiving games.
- Recorded two multiple-touchdown games over the course of the season with the fist coming in the win at Seattle (11/15) when he finished the game with 113 yards on seven receptions and two touchdowns.
- Marked his second multiple-touchdown performance of the season in the Divisional round of the 2015 NFL playoffs vs. Green Bay (1/16) when he finished with three receptions for 26 yards and two touchdowns.
2014 (16/15, 1/1 - Arizona)
- Appeared in all 16 games for the third straight season and made 15 starts while finishing the year with a team-leading 841 yards and six touchdowns on 47 receptions.
- Led the team with three 100-yard receiving games.
- Ranked second in the NFL and led the Cardinals with a 17.9 yards per catch average while totaling 15 catches of 20 yards or more including five of his six touchdown receptions.
- Led the Cardinals with 119 ayrds on five catches vs. San Diego (9/8).
- Finished with 114 yards on five receptions in the win vs. San Francisco (9/21).
- Notched a two-touchdown performance in the win vs. Detroit (11/16) after finishing the game with two touchdowns for 54 yards.
2013 (16/16 - Arizona)
- Started all 16 games and set career highs with 65 receptions and led the Cardinals with 1,041 yards and five touchdowns.
- Held a streak of 25 consecutive receptions for first downs that stretched from Weeks 10-16.
- Registered a career-high 193 yards on six catches in the win at Jacksonville (11/16). Also added one touchdown in the game.
2012 (16/3 - Arizona)
- Played in all 16 games and made three starts as a rookie in 2012.
- Finished third on the team with 562 receiving yards and two touchdown catches while tying for third with 45 receptions on the year.
- Recorded his first career reception and touchdown vs. Philadelphia (9/23).
- Started 41-of-43 games played at Notre Dame and set school records with 271 receptions for 3,686 yards and 37 touchdowns.
- Finished his college career with five Notre Dame career records including the school record for 100-yard performances with 17 in his career.
- Named the Notre Dame Monogram Club's Most Valuable Player in 2011 and was also a Boletnikoff Award semi-finalist in addition to earning second-team All-American honors.
- Set a school season record with 100 receptions as a senior in 2011 and his 1,147 receiving yards ranked as the fourth-best season total by an Irish player.
- Started all 12 games at flanker as a junior in 2010 and posted a team-high 79 receptions for 1,024 yards and a career-high 12 touchdowns.
- Started all seven games he appeared in as a sophomore in 2009 and ranked second on the team with 44 catches for 795 yards and nine touchdowns.
- Set Notre Dame freshman records in 2008 with 48 receptions for 719 yards and seven touchdowns after starting 10 of the 11 games he appeared in that year.
- Attended Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul, Minn., where he was named Minnesota Gatorade Player of the Year on two occasions.
- Earned Associated Press Minnesota Player of the Year honors as a senior in 2007 in addition to first-team All-America by USA Today, EA Sports and Parade Magazine after totaling 59 receptions for 1,247 yards and 17 touchdowns.
- Selected to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- Also lettered in basketball in high school where he scored 1,380 career points and finished just 86 points shy of the school record.
- Earned a bachelor's degree in sociology.