Mike Gillislee was signed by the New England Patriots as an restricted free agent from Buffalo on April 24, 2017 ... Originally drafted by Miami in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft ... Released by Miami (9/5/15) ... Signed by Arizona to the practice squad (9/22/15) ... Released by Arizona from the practice squad (10/22/15) ... Signed by Buffalo to the practice squad (11/4/15) ... Signed by Buffalo to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (12/5/15).
- Rushed 15 times for 45 yards and set a career-high with three rushing touchdowns, becoming the first Patriots player to score three touchdowns in his debut in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Rushed 18 times for a game-high 69 yards and one touchdown, becoming the first Patriots player to score four touchdowns in his first two games with the team in the Week 2 victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Made his first start as a Patriot and rushed 12 times for 31 yards in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Led the team in rushing with 49 yards on 12 carries vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Started and rushed 12 times for 52 yards in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Rushed ten times for 44 yards in the victory at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Rushed for 31 yards on eight carries as part of a Patriots rushing attack that produced its highest rushing total of the season with 162 yards as a team in the win vs. Atlanta (10/22).
- Carried the ball 11 times for 34 yards in the win vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Was inactive for the victory at Denver (11/12), in the win at Oakland (11/19), in the win vs. Miami (11/26), in the win at Buffalo (12/3), at Miami (12/11) and in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Returned to the lineup as a reserve running back and finished with six carries for 28 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter to give the Patriots the lead in the win vs. Buffalo (12/24). Also caught his first pass of the season for 15 yards.
- Was inactive due to injury for the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Was inactive for all three postseason contests.
2016 (15/1 - Buffalo)
- Played in 15 games with one start and posted career highs with 101 rushing attempts for 577 yards (5.7 avg.) and eight touchdowns. Also caught a career-high nine passes for 50 yards (5.6 avg.) and one touchdown. His 5.7 yards per carry led the NFL.
- Was inactive due to injury vs. Jacksonville (11/27).
- Registered six rushing attempts for 61 yards and a touchdown vs. San Francisco (10/16).
- Made his only start of the season vs. New England (10/30) and rushed 12 times for 85 yards and a touchdown. Also caught a season-high three passes for 9 yards.
- Notched the first multi-touchdown game of his career at Oakland (12/4) when he posted eight rushing attempts for 49 yards and two scores.
- Set a single-game career high with 91 yards on 11 rushing attempts vs. Miami (12/24).
2015 (5/1 - Buffalo)
- Went to training camp with Miami and was released prior to the start of the regular season.
- Joined the Arizona practice squad on Sept. 22 and was released on Oct. 22.
- Added to the Buffalo practice squad on Nov. 4 and joined the 53-man roster on Dec. 5.
- Appeared in five games with one start and compiled 47 rushing attempts for 267 yards and three touchdowns. Also registered six receptions for 29 yards.
- Made his Bills debut vs. Houston (12/6) and notched 41 rushing yards on seven attempts and caught one pass for 5 yards.
- Rushed three times for 24 yards and his first career touchdown at Philadelphia (12/13). Also had one reception for 6 yards.
- Appeared as a reserve at Washington (12/20) and picked up 81 yards rushing on four attempts, including a career-long 60-yard touchdown. Also caught two passes for 1 yard.
- Made his first career start vs. Dallas (12/27) and posted a career-high 93 rushing yards on nine carries, including a 50-yard touchdown. Also had two receptions for 16 yards.
- Compiled a career-high 24 rushing attempts for 28 yards in the season finale vs. N.Y. Jets (1/3).
2014 (0/0 - Miami)
- Suffered an injury during training camp and missed the entire regular season after being placed on Injured Reserve on Aug. 26.
2013 (3/0 - Miami)
- Appeared in three games as a rookie and recorded six carries for 21 yards.
- Was a healthy scratch for 13 games.
- Made his NFL debut as a reserve at N.Y. Jets (12/1) and had six carries for 21 yards.
- Was a four-year letterman (2009-12) and one-year starter at Florida. Played in 49 career games with 11 starts and finished with 389 rushes for 2,072 yards (5.3 avg.) and 20 touchdowns. Also caught 23 passes for 182 yards (7.9 avg.) and two TDs. Posted 178 yards on nine kickoff returns (19.8 avg.).
- Played in 13 games with 11 starts as a senor in 2012 and earned first-team All Southeastern Conference honors. Recorded 244 carries for 1,152 yards and 10 touchdowns. Added 16 receptions for 159 yards and one TD.
- Rushed for career-high 148 yards and two scores on 24 carries vs. Bowling Green.
- Played in 12 games as a junior in 2011 and recorded 328 rushing yards on 56 carries (5.9 avg.) with two touchdowns.
- Played in 12 games as a sophomore in 2010 and recorded 325 rushing yards and seven scores on 58 carries (5.6 avg.). Also caught six passes for 17 yards and returned six kickoffs for 148 yards (24.7 avg.).
- Played in 13 games as a freshman in 2009 and rushed 31 times for 267 yards (8.6 avg.) and one touchdown. Also caught a six-yard touchdown. Recorded six tackles on special teams.
- Attended DeLand (Fla.) High School where he rushed for 1,149 yards on 227 carries as a senior after rushing for more than 1,200 yards as a junior and more than 900 yards as a sophomore.
- Majored in family youth community service at Florida.