PRONOUNCED zhan fran-SWAH
Ricky Jean Francois was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Dec. 13, 2017 ... Originally drafted by San Francisco in the seventh round (244th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft ... Signed by Indianapolis as an unrestricted free agent from San Francisco (3/14/13) ... Released by Indianapolis (2/23/15) ... Signed by Washington as a free agent (2/27/15) ... Released by Washington (3/15/17) ... Signed by Green Bay as a free agent (3/23/17) ... Released by Green Bay (9/13/17) ... Signed by Green Bay as a free agent (9/21/17) ... Released by Green Bay (11/1/17) ... Signed by New England as a free agent (11/7/17) ... Released by New England (12/2/17).
2017 (6/1, 3/1 - New England)
- Saw limited snaps along the defensive line and contributed with two tackles during the victory at Denver (11/12) after being signed to the team earlier in the week.
- Contributed in a reserve role and had one tackle in the victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City's Estadio Azteca.
- Saw limited snaps along the defensive line during the win vs. Miami (11/26).
- Contributed as a reserve defensive lineman after rejoining the team as a free agent earlier in the week and made a solid contribution with six tackles total in the win at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Made his first start as a Patriot on the defensive line and made one tackle in the victory vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Saw limited snaps on defense but made one tackle in the victory vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Appeared as a reserve defensive lineman and made one tackle while also recording an 8-yard sack of QB Marcus Mariota in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Started at defensive end and contributed with five tackles total in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Contributed in a reserve role along the defensive line in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4).
2017 (6/0 - Green Bay)
- Appeared in six games as a reserve in two stints with the Packers and made one tackle before being released on Nov. 1.
2016 (16/6 - Washington)
- Started six of 16 games played and registered 46 tackles, the second most of his career. Also recorded 1½ sacks, a pass defensed and a forced fumble.
- Set a single-season personal best with four games with six-plus tackles.
2015 (16/1, 1/0 - Washington)
- Saw action in all 16 games, making one start and tallying 30 tackles, two sacks and one pass defensed.
- Appeared as a reserve in the Wild Card loss to Green Bay (1/10) and recorded one tackle.
- Tallied a season high five tackles and a sack at Philadelphia (12/26).
2014 (16/13, 3/0 - Indianapolis)
- Played in all 16 regular season contests with 13 starts and totaled 31 tackles, a career high three sacks and four passes defensed, while recovering the first fumble of his career.
- Appeared in three playoff contests as a reserve and tallied four tackles and a half sack.
- Made one tackle and recovered his first career fumble vs. Tennessee (9/28).
- Posted a season high five tackles and one sack at Houston (10/9).
- Finished with two tackles and recovered a blocked punt at Pittsburgh (10/26).
2013 (10/10, 2/2 - Indianapolis)
- Started all 10 games he played in the regular season and tallied 23 tackles, 2½ sacks and two passes defensed.
- Started both playoff games and compiled five tackles and one sack.
- Was inactive for six regular season games due to injury.
- Recorded his first career multi sack game vs. Arizona (11/24) to go along with five tackles and one pass defensed.
2012 (16/3, 3/0 - San Francisco)
- Played in all 16 regular season games with three starts and notched a career high 51 tackles and two sacks.
- Appeared as a reserve in all three postseason contests and totaled five tackles.
- Registered a career high 10 tackles at Seattle (12/23).
- Totaled a postseason career high three tackles in the Super Bowl XLVII loss to Baltimore (2/3).
2011 (16/2, 2/0 - San Francisco)
- Appeared in all 16 regular season games with two starts and produced 32 tackles and two passes defensed.
- Tallied two tackles and one pass defensed in two playoff contests.
- Made his first career start and posted six tackles vs. Tampa Bay (10/9).
- Posted a season high eight tackles and a pass defensed at St. Louis (1/1).
2010 (16/0 - San Francisco)
- Played in all 16 games as a reserve and accrued 23 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and one tackle on special teams.
- Posted three tackles and his first career sack vs. Oakland (10/17).
2009 (3/0 - San Francisco)
- Appeared in three games and did not accrue any statistics.
- Was inactive for nine games and did not play in four others.
- Made his NFL debut, appearing on special teams at Philadelphia (12/20).
- Appeared in 25 games with nine starts, posting 56 tackles, 5½ sacks, three passes defensed, three fumble recoveries and a forced fumble during his career at LSU.
- Played in 11 games with six starts at defensive tackle, recording 20 tackles, two sacks, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery as a junior.