Stephon Gilmore was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from Buffalo on March 10, 2017 ... Originally drafted by Buffalo in the first round (10th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Started at cornerback in his Patriots debut and totaled four tackles and a pass defensed in the season opener vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Started at corner and contributed with two tackles in the win at New Orleans (9/17).
- Started at cornerback and totaled four tackles, a pass defensed and made his first interception as a member of the Patriots in the second quarter that he returned 39 yards to the Texans 12-yard line to set up a Patriots touchdown in the win vs. Houston (9/24).
- Started at cornerback and totaled four tackles vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Started at cornerback and finished with five tackle while predominantly covering Pro Bowl WR Mike Evans, limiting him to 49 yards receiving in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Was inactive due to injury in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15), in the win vs. Atlanta
2016 (15/15 - Buffalo)
- Earned his first career Pro Bowl invitation.
- Started all 15 games he played in and recorded 48 tackles, a career-high five interceptions and 12 passes defensed.
- Was inactive for the regular-season finale at N.Y. Jets (1/1).
- Made a season-high tying six tackles N.Y. Jets (9/15).
- Tallied two interceptions - his first career multi-pick game - and added three tackles and four passes defensed vs. Arizona (9/25).
- Recorded two interceptions at Cincinnati (11/20), becoming the first Bill since Jairus Byrd in 2009 with two multiple pick games in one season. Added a season-high tying six tackles and three passes defensed.
- Recorded one tackle, one pass defensed and his fifth interception of the season vs. Pittsburgh (12/11), marking the most interceptions by a Bill in a single season since Jairus Byrd in 2012.
- Posted four tackles and one pass defensed vs. Miami (12/24), before leaving the game in overtime due to injury.
2015 (12/12 - Buffalo)
- Started all 12 regular-season games he played in and produced 36 tackles, three interceptions and 18 passes defensed.
- Missed the final four games of the season due to injury. Was inactive at Philadelphia (12/13) and placed on Injured Reserve on Dec. 16 due to a shoulder injury.
- Recorded a season-high six tackles and tied a career high with four passes defensed in the season-opener vs. Indianapolis (9/13).
- Notched his first interception of the season and added two passes defensed and two tackles vs. N.Y. Giants (10/4).
- Made one tackle and sealed the game with an interception in the final minute at Tennessee (10/11). Also produced a game-high and tied a career-high with four passes defensed.
- Recorded his third interception of the season and made one tackle at New England (11/23).
- Made his 50th NFL start and posted five tackles with one pass defensed at Kansas City (11/29).
- Produced two tackles before leaving the game with a shoulder injury vs. Houston (12/6).
2014 (14/14 - Buffalo)
- Started all 14 regular-season games he appeared in, recording 47 tackles, three interceptions, six passes defensed and one forced fumble
- Was inactive for the season opener at Chicago (9/7) and the season finale at New England (12/28).
- Recorded a season-high six solo tackles vs. San Diego (9/21).
- Recorded four tackles and his first interception of the season at Detroit (10/5). Also notched a pass defensed.
- Registered five tackles, one pass defensed and an interception at N.Y. Jets (10/26).
- Recorded three tackles, one pass defensed and a forced fumble vs. Kansas City (11/9).
- Posted three tackles, one pass defensed and an interception at Denver (12/7).
- Made one tackle before leaving the game due to injury at Oakland (12/21).
2013 (11/9 - Buffalo)
- Played in 11 games and started nine after missing the first five with a wrist injury. Finished the season with 35 tackles, two interceptions and 10 passes defensed.
- Made his 2013 season debut and posted three tackles vs. Cincinnati (10/13).
- Made his first start of the season and recorded one tackle at New Orleans (10/27).
- Totaled a season-high seven tackles and added one pass defensed vs. Kansas City (11/3).
- Totaled two tackles and one pass defensed vs. N.Y. Jets (11/17). Helped pass defense yield a season-low 12 completions.
- Notched two tackles, his first interception of the season and two passes defensed at Tampa Bay (12/8).
- Posted an interception in his second consecutive game at Jacksonville (12/15) and added two tackles and one pass defensed.
- Posted three tackles and three passes defensed vs. Miami (12/22). Defense yielded a season-low 89 passing yards.
2012 (16/16 - Buffalo)
- Started all 16 games of his rookie season. Made 61 tackles, one interception and led the team with 16 passes defensed.
- Became the first Bills rookie cornerback to start Kickoff Weekend since Nate Odomes in 1987. Led Bills cornerbacks with five tackles and posted one forced fumble vs. N.Y. Jets (9/9).
- Tied for a team-high seven tackles and a team-high three passes defensed vs. Kansas City (9/16).
- Had a game-high four passes defensed and seven tackles vs. New England (9/30).
- Tied for the team-lead with six tackles at New England (11/11).
- Produced three tackles and a forced fumble vs. Miami (11/15). Turnover was converted into a field goal.
- Tied for the team-lead with six tackles at Indianapolis (11/25). Added two passes defensed and a forced fumble.
- Made his first career interception vs. St. Louis (12/9). Added two tackles and two passes defensed.
- Started all 40 games he played in at South Carolina and posted 181 tackles with seven sacks, 15 stops for losses and five quarterback pressures. Also caused four fumbles and recovered four others. Had eight interceptions (one returned for TD) and 17 passes defensed.
- Gained 206 yards on 28 punt returns, 47 yards on two kickoff returns, 37 yards on seven carries, 68 yards on two-of-three pass completions and a blocked kick.
- Was a 2011 All-American first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report as a junior. Added All-SEC first-team honors and was named to the Paul Hornung Award Watch List, an honor given annually to the most versatile player in major college football by the Louisville Sports Commission and football legend Paul Hornung. Also received SEC Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll recognition. Started all 13 games at right cornerback, recording 46 tackles, one sack, four interceptions and three quarterback pressures.
- Earned All-American second-team honors from The NFL Draft Report and third-team accolades from the Associated Press, as the league's coaches selected him All-SEC first-team as a sophomore in 2010. Started all 14 games at right cornerback and led the team with 79 tackles, three sacks, six stops behind the line of scrimmage, two QB pressures, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Also posted three interceptions, returning one for a touchdown.
- Earned Freshman All - America honors by Phil Steele, CollegeFootballNews.com and Scout.com. Also named Freshman All-SEC by the league's coaches. Started all 13 games at right cornerback and ranked fifth on the team with 56 tackles. Also registered three sacks and six stops for losses. Posted one interception, eight passes defensed and caused and recovered a pair of fumbles.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Earned Southeastern Conference academic honors as a sophomore and junior.
- Graduated from South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, S.C., in December 2008. Earned first-team All-State honors as a senior
- Named "Mr. Football" for the state of South Carolina while helping his team to a perfect 15-0 record and the South Carolina AAAA Division II title as a senior. Rushed for 1,331 yards and 23 touchdowns and passed for 1,771 yards with 14 scores.
- Married to Gabrielle and they have a son, Sebastian, and a daughter, Gisele.
- Majored in sport and entertainment management at South Carolina.