Trey Flowers was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round (101st overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
2017 (14/14, 3/3)
- Started at defensive end and was a key contributor with five total tackles, including two for a loss, while adding two sacks for 4 yards vs. Kansas City (9/7).
- Started at defensive end and totaled two tackles along with a quarterback hit in the victory at New Orleans (9/17).
- Started at defensive end and was a disruptive presence, totaling six tackles, a sack for a two-yard loss and two quarterback hits on QB Deshaun Watson in the victory vs. Houston (9/24).
- Started at defensive end and toaled six tackles, two quarterback hits and forced a fumble on RB Jonathan Stewart that was recovered by the Patriots on the opening drive of the second half deep in their own territory in the matchup vs. Carolina (10/1).
- Started and totaled three tackles while registering a half sack for two-and-a-half yards on a combined takedown with LB Kyle Van Noy of QB Jameis Winston in the victory at Tampa Bay (10/5).
- Started at defensive end and finished with five total tackles while adding one pass defensed in the win at N.Y. Jets (10/15).
- Made the start at defensive end and totaled six tackles in the victory at Atlanta (10/22).
- Finished with three tackles in a starting role at defensive end in the victory vs. L.A. Chargers (10/29).
- Started at defensive end and finished with one tackle in the victory at Denver (11/12).
- Started on the defensive line and finished with four tackles total and a half sack, while also adding a pass defensed in the victory at Oakland (11/19) in Mexico City’s Estadio Azteca.
- Started and was a key contributor along the defensive line, finishing with four tackles, two sacks for a total of 16 yards lost and forced a third quarter fumble of RB Kenyan Drake that was recovered by the Patriots during the victory vs. Miami (11/26).
- Missed the victory at Buffalo (12/3) and the game at Miami (12/11) due to injury.
- Returned to the starting lineup at defensive end following an injury and finished with five tackles total along with a half-sack of QB Ben Roethlisberger for a 4-yard loss in the second
- quarter of the victory at Pittsburgh (12/17).
- Started at defensive end and finished with eight tackles total in the victory vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Started at defensive end and totaled three tackles in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (12/31).
- Started at defensive end and made three tackles while also recording a third-quarter sack of QB Marcus Mariota for a 7-yard loss in the Divisional round victory vs. Tennessee (1/13).
- Started at defensive end and finished tied for the team lead in tackles with nine total while also adding a pass defensed in the AFC Championship victory vs. Jacksonville (1/21).
- Started at defensive end and played every defensive snap in Super Bowl LII vs. Philadelphia (2/4), finishing with five tackles total.
2016 (16/8, 3/3)
- Played in all 16 regular-season games with eight starts and registered 45 tackles and a team-high seven sacks, one pass defensed and two fumble recoveries.
- Started all three playoff games and notched16 tackles and a team-leading 2.5 sacks.
- Earned starting job midseason after playing as a key reserve to start the year.
- Notched three two-sack games over the second-half of the season.
- Appeared at defensive end and recorded his first career tackle in the win at Arizona (9/11).
- Recovered a fumble forced by Jonathan Freeny in the third quarter that led to a Patriots touchdown drive and recorded one tackle in the win vs. Miami (9/18).
- Registered his first NFL sacks after dropping QB Tyrod Taylor for a 7-yard loss in the second quarter and QB EJ Manuel for a 2-yard loss in the fourth quarter of the win at Buffalo (10/30). Also finished with five tackles.
- Made his first NFL start and recorded his second-straight two-sack game after finishing with two sacks for 15 yards vs. Seattle (11/13). Also notched three tackles.
- Recovered a Ryan Fitzpatrick fumble forced by Chris Long inside the two-minute warning in the fourth quarter of the win at N.Y. Jets (11/27) to stop the Jets final drive of the game and regain possession with the score within five. Finished the day with four total tackles.
- Recorded his third two-sack game of the season when he brought down quartreback Trevor Siemian twice in the win at Denver (12/18). Also added three tackles.
- Made his NFL postseason debut and totaled seven tackles in the Divisional Round victory vs. Houston (1/14).
- Started at defensive end and was a major contributor with a team-leading six tackles as well as two and a half sacks of Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan in the Super Bowl LI victory (2/5). His biggest contribution came in the form of a key second-down sack that helped put Atlanta out of field goal range while driving to try and ice the game late in the fourth quarter.
- Played in one regular-season game before being placed on Injured Reserve on Dec. 1. Did not register any statistics.
- Was inactive for 10 games.
- Played in his first NFL game as a reserve vs. N.Y. Jets (10/25).
- Played 49 games with 39 starts and registered 190 tackles, 18 sacks, one interception, 13 passes defensed and four forced fumbles.
- Completed his career as the active SEC leader and tied for second nationally in total tackles for loss (47½).
- Born Aug. 16, 1993, to Robert and Jacqueline Flowers.
- Named a two-time Alabama all-state honoree in 2009 and 2010.
- Also played basketball.
- Was named to the Razorback Honor Roll in the fall of 2011 and to the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll in 2012 and 2013.
- Studied economics at Arkansas.