Woodrow Hamilton was signed by the New England Patriots to the practice squad on Dec. 23, 2016 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent on May 6, 2016 ... Released by New England (9/3/16) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/5/16) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (10/8/16) ... Released by New England (12/21/16).
2016 (2/1, 0/0)
- Began the season on the New England practice squad before being added to the 53-man roster on Oct. 8. Appeared in two games with one start and made three tackles.
- Was inactive for eight games before being released on Dec. 21 and added to the practice squad on Dec. 23, where he spent the rest of the season.
- Made his NFL debut and first NFL start in the win at Cleveland (10/9) while recording two tackles.
- Played in 47 games with 25 starts at nose tackle and finished with 83 tackles and three sacks and one pass defensed for Mississippi.
- Started all 12 games as a senior and totaled 29 tackles and one sack.
- Born Dec. 20, 1992, to Lisa Barnes and Woodrow.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in general studies in May 2015.