Ben Bartholomew was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013.
Ben Bartholomew was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013.COLLEGE
- Played in 31 games with 13 starts over five years.
- Played as a true freshman in 2008 and as a sophomore in 2009 before being redshirted in 2010.
- As a senior in 2012, he played in 12 games with six starts and caught 11 passes for 102 yards and his first career touchdown reception.
- Rushed twice for 10 yards and caught 17 passes for 156 and one touchdown over the course of his career.
- Also participated in the shot put for the Tennessee track and field team.
- Named first-team all-state by the Tennessee Sports Writers Association as a senior and earned Division II Mr. Football Back honors.
- Three-year starter at middle linebacker and two-year starter at fullback and helped lead his team to an undefeated season and state championship.
- Also participated in track and field and wrestling, winning state championships in both sports as a senior, winning in the shot put and 215-pound wrestling division.
- Brother, Will, was a captain on the 1998 National Champion Tennessee team and grandfather, Sam, was a captain of the 1939 SEC Champion Tennessee squad.
- Majored in marketing and international business.