BenJarvus Green-Ellis was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 2, 2008 … Released by the Patriots (8/30/08) … Signed to the Patriots practice squad (8/31/08) … Signed to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (10/11/08).
- Became the 11th Patriots running back and the first since Corey Dillon in the 2004 season to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark, finishing the 2010 season with 1,008 rushing yards. He accomplished this feat without a single fumble, joining Ray Rice as the only backs in the NFL with 175 attempts and no fumbles in 2010.
- Green-Ellis finished second on the Patriots with five rushing touchdowns in 2008. He recorded a touchdown in four straight games from Oct. 20 to Nov. 9 and reached the end zone in five of six games from Oct. 20 to Nov. 23.
- Green-Ellis ran for 105 yards on 26 carries against Buffalo (11/9/08), recording his first career 100-yard rushing game in just his fifth career game.
2011 (16/6, 3/2)
- Recorded his second consecutive 10-plus touchdown season, finishing with 13 rushing touchdowns in 2010 and 11 in 2011. Became the third running back in team history to do so (Corey Dillon with three straight, 2004-06, and Curtis Martin, 1995-96).
- Tallied a team-high 10 carries for 44 yards and caught two passes for 15 yards in Super Bowl XLVI against the Giants (2/5).
- Led the team with 15 carries for 68 yards and one touchdown in a reserve role in the AFC Championship against the Ravens (1/22).
- Started at running back and carried the ball 13 times for 28 yards in the Divisional playoff game against the Broncos (1/14). Added one reception for eight yards.
- Scored two touchdowns on seven carries for 22 yards against the Bills (1/1). Added a 53-yard pass reception in the third quarter, the longest of his career by 28 yards.
- Played in a reserve role, carrying the ball three times for 10 yards against the Dolphins (12/24).
- Rushed for 17 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries and caught two passes for 32 yards in a reserve role against the Broncos (12/18).
- Tallied 19 yards on five carries in a reserve role against the Redskins (12/11).
- Carried the ball six times for 14 yards and one touchdown against the Colts (12/4)
- Scored two touchdowns, carrying the ball 14 times for 44 yards in a start against the Eagles (11/27).
- Caught a career-long 25-yard pass and led the team with 20 carries for 81 yards against the Chiefs (11/21).
- Carried the ball eight times for eight yards in a start against the Jets (11/13).
- Led the team with 12 rushes for 52 yards and caught one 11-yard pass against the Giants (11/6).
- Carried the ball five times for nine yards in a reserve role against the Steelers (10/30).
- Led the rushing attack against the Cowboys with 14 carries for 58 yards and caught an 11-yard pass to set up a Stephen Gostkowski
field goal in the second quarter (10/16).
- Set a career high with a team-leading 136 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries (5.0 avg.) including 59 total yards on the Patriots’ final drive of the game against the Jets (10/9).
- Rushed 16 times for 75 yards and one touchdown and caught a nine-yard pass in a start against the Raiders (10/2).
- Carried the ball nine times for 16 yards against the Bills (9/25).
- Led the team with 70 yards on 17 carries with one touchdown in a reserve role. Also caught one five-yard pass against the Chargers (9/18).
- In a reserve role against the Dolphins, carried the ball seven times for 34 yards and one touchdown, moving him into ninth place all time on the franchise rushing touchdown list with 19 (9/12).
2009 (12/0, 0/0)
- Scored his 10th and 11th rushing touchdowns of the year, becoming the eighth Patriot to record double-digit rushing TDs in one season. Finished the game against the Jets with 18 carries for 72 yards, two touchdowns and one seven-yard reception (12/6).
- Scored two touchdowns on a 15-yard run in the second quarter and a one-yard run in the fourth quarter. He led the team with 59 rushing yards on 12 carries against the Lions (11/25).
- Recorded his seventh rushing touchdown of the year and his third game with over 95 yards, leading the team with 96 yards on 21 carries against Indianapolis (11/21). Also caught one four-yard pass.
- Picked up 87 yards on 18 carries, including a 17-yard run, the longest by any player so far this season against the Steelers (11/14). Also caught four passes for 36 yards.
- Carried the ball nine times for 14 yards against the Browns (11/7).
- Picked up a career-high 112 rushing yards on 17 carries (6.6-yard avg.) and two touchdowns against the Vikings (10/31), including 62 yards on seven carries on the Patriots' final touchdown drive that extended a three-point lead to a 10-point cushion late in the fourth quarter. This was his fifth straight game with a touchdown and the first multipletouchdown game of his career.
- Carried the ball 11 times for 24 yards and one touchdown against the Chargers, marking his fourth straight game with a score (10/24). On the scoring drive, Green-Ellis converted on a key fourth-and-one situation to keep the drive alive.
- Started his second game of the season and carried the ball 10 times for 20 yards and one touchdown against the Ravens, marking his third straight game with a score. Also made two special teams tackles (10/17).
- Started his first game since his rookie season, leading the team with 76 rushing yards on 16 attempts, including a 12-yard touchdown run against the Dolphins (10/4).
- Led the rushing attack with 98 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown, in addition to a six-yard reception against the Bills (9/26). Also saw time on special teams, registering his first career special teams tackle.
- Rushed 10 times for 19 yards against the Jets (9/19).
- Registered five carries for 22 yards against the Bengals in the season opener (9/12).
- Played in 12 games and was inactive for four games, finishing the season with 26 rushing attempts for 114 yards and two receptions for 11 yards.
- Also saw action on special teams and finished with five total special teams tackles.
- Saw significant action in the Patriots' 59-0 win vs. Tennessee (10/18) with seven carries for 67 yards, including a career-long 29-yard run in the fourth quarter.
- Was inactive for the postseason game vs. Baltimore (1/10).
- Played in nine games with three starts after being signed to the active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 11.
- Finished the season with five rushing touchdowns, a total that ranked second on the team.
- Recorded a touchdown in four straight games from Oct. 20 to Nov. 9 and reached the end zone in five of six games from Oct. 20 to Nov. 23.
- Was a part of the best rushing season for the Patriots in more than 20 years, totaling 2,278 rushing yards (sixth in team history and the most since 1985), 21 rushing touchdowns (tied for fourth in team history and the most since 1981) and an average of 4.4 yards per carry (fifth in team history and the best since 1983).
- Spent the first four weeks of the season as a member of the Patriots practice squad.
- Made his NFL debut, playing in reserve at running back at San Diego (10/12).
- Scored his first NFL touchdown on a 1-yard rush against Denver (10/20).
- Made his first NFL start against St. Louis (10/26) and registered his second rushing touchdown in as many games with a 2-yard run.
- Tallied a team-high 15 rushes for 57 yards, including his third rushing touchdowns in as many games at Indianapolis (11/2).
- Ran for a season-high 105 yards on 26 carries against Buffalo (11/9), recording his first career 100-yard rushing game in just his fifth career game. Recorded a rushing touchdown for the fourth consecutive game with a 1-yard score.
- Scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the season on a 1-yard run at Miami (11/23).
- Recorded a career long 20-yard reception against Pittsburgh (11/30).
- Played for Mississippi from 2006-07 after transferring from Indiana, where he played two seasons from 2003-04.
- As a senior in 2007, became only the second Rebel running back to reach the 1,000-yard single-season mark twice in his career, gaining 1,137 yards rushing.
- Posted five 100-yard rushing games to go along with six touchdowns .
- Earned a career-high 226 yards on 33 carries with one touchdown against Missouri.
- As a junior at Mississippi in 2006, finished with 1,000 yards rushing on 234 carries and seven touchdowns.
- Set a school record with his 234 rushing attempts.
- An All-SEC first-team selection by the Associated Press.
- Redshirted at Mississippi in 2005.
- As a sophomore at Indiana in 2004, led the team with 794 yards rushing on 231 carries and five touchdowns.
- As a freshman at Indiana in 2003, carried the ball 225 times for 938 yards and seven touchdowns.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis was born the son of Latonia Green on July 2, 1985.
- Attended St. Augustine High School (New Orleans, La.) and played both running back and fullback.
- Earned all-district recognition from The Times-Picayune and The Clarion Herald in his senior season.
- All-city and all-metro selection.
- Also lettered twice in track and field.
- Majored in business management at Mississippi.