CAREER TRANSACTIONSChris Barker
was claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots on Sept. 1, 2013 …Originally signed by Miami as a rookie free agent (5/3/13) … Released by Miami (8/31/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (4/0)
- Was active but did not play at Buffalo (9/8) and vs. N.Y Jets (9/12).
- Played in his first professional game, appearing on special teams vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Was inactive at Atlanta (9/29), at Cincinnati (10/6), vs. New Orleans (10/13), at N.Y. Jets (10/20), vs. Miami (10/27), vs. Pitsburgh (11/3), at Carolina (11/18), vs. Denver (11/24), at Miami (12/15), vs. Buffalo (12/29), vs. Indianapolis (1/11), and at Denver (1/19).
- Was a four-year starter (2009-2012) for Nevada at guard.
- Recorded 53 career starts to become the only player in school history to start every game in all four seasons.
- Started all 13 games as a senior in 2012.
- Voted team captain by his teammates as a junior in 2011.
- Named first-team All-WAC.
- Attended Etiwanda (Calif.) High School.
- Earned three letters in football.
- Earned first-team all-league honors as both an offensive and defensive lineman.
- Majored in criminal justice.
- Born on Aug. 13, 1990, in West Covina, Calif.