CAREER TRANSACTIONSD.J. Williams
was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Dec. 9, 2013 … Originally drafted by Green Bay in the fifth round (141st overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft ... Released by Green Bay (8/31/13) ... Claimed off waivers and awarded to Jacksonville from Green Bay (9/1/13) ... Released by Jacksonville (11/4/13) ... Signed by NewEngland as a free agent (11/27/13) ... Released by New England (12/4/13).SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (7/1 – Jacksonville)
2013 (2/0, 0/0 - New England)
- Went to training camp with but was released prior to the start of hte regular season and claimed by Jacksonville.
- Appeared in seven games with one start and did not accumulate any statistics.
2012 (13/2, 1/0 - Green Bay)
- Appeared in his first game as a Patriot at Houston (12/1).
- Re-signed with the Patriots on Dec. 9 and was a healthy scratch at Miami (12/15) and at Baltimore (12/22), in the AFC Divisional Playoff vs. Indianapolis (1/11) and the AFC Championship at Denver (1/19).
2011 (13/0 - Green Bay)
- Played in 13 games and made two starts.
- Appeared in one playoff game and made one special teams tackle.
- Was inactive for the NFC Divisonal Playoff game at San Francisco (1/17).
- Totaled seven receptions for 57 yards and posted three special teams tackles.
- Caugh a career-high two passes for 20 yards at Indianapolis (10/7).
- Appeared in 13 games and caught two passes for 13 yards.
- Made two special teams tackles.
- Caught his first career pass for 7 yards at Atlanta (10/9).
- Finished his career at Arkansas as the most prolific pass-catching tight end in school hisotry, finishing his career with 152 receptions for 1,855 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in 51 games with 32 starts.
- As a senior in 2010, became the first Arkansas player to win the John Mackey Award, given annually to the country’s top tight end.
- Earned fist-team All-SEC recognition as a senior by leading the team with 54 receptions for 627 yards and a career-high four touchdowns and starting all 13 games.
- Appeared in 13 games with nine starts as a junior and earned second-team All-SEC honors with 32 receptions for 411 yards and three touchdowns.
- Played 12 games with eight starts as a sophomore and posted career highs with 61 receptions for 723 yards and three touchdowns.
- Appeared in 13 games with two starts as a freshman and was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team after catching eight passes for 94 yards.
- Born David Edward Williams Jr. on Sept. 10, 1988.
- Ranked the No. 9 tight end in the country and the No. 4 player in Arkansas by Rivals.com as a senior in high school.
- Also lettered in basketball all four years and twice in track.
- Enjoys playing the piano.