CAREER TRANSACTIONSDanny Aiken
was claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots from Buffalo on Sept. 4, 2011 ... Originally signed by Buffalo as a rookie free agent (7/28/11) ... Released by Buffalo (9/3/11). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (9/0)
2012 (16/0, 2/0)
- Handles snapping duties for punts and kicks.
- Made a season-high two special teams tackle at N.Y. Jets (10/20).
2011 (16/0, 3/0)
- Played in all 16 regular season games, snapping on all punts, field goals and extra points.
- Forced a fumble on punt vs. Indianapolis (11/18) that was recovered by the Colts.
- Served as the long snapper in both postseason contests.
- Originally signed with Buffalo as a rookie free agent and was claimed off waivers prior to the start of the season.
- Played in all 16 regular season games, snapping on all punts, field goals and extra points and made six special teams tackles.
- Served as the long snapper in three postseason games including Super Bowl XLVI vs. the N.Y. Giants.
- Made his NFL debut at Miami (9/12).
- Tallied a career-high three special teams tackles vs. Kansas City (11/21) on Monday Night Football.
- Played in all 49 of Virginia's games during his career on special teams as the long snapper on punts and field goals.
- Recorded 12 special teams tackles and recovered two fumbles.
- Born Aug. 28, 1988.
- Versatile player who saw action all over the field in high school.
- Played quarterback at Cave Spring High School in Roanoke, Va.
- Guided his team to a 10-2 record as a senior.
- Spent a post grad year at Fork Union Military Academy in 2006 where he played tight end and long snapper.