CAREER TRANSACTIONS James Develin
was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Sept. 6, 2013 ... Originally signed by Cincinnati to the practice squad (11/30/10) … Released by Cincinnati (9/3/11) … Signed by Cincinnati to the practice squad (9/4/11) … Released by Cincinnati (8/31/12) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/1/12) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (11/28/12) ... Released by New England (12/24/12) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (12/26/12) ... Released by New England (9/2/13). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (12/4)
- Played his entire college career as a defensive lineman before converting to offense.
- Began his professional career with the Florida Tuskers of the UFL and helped Florida reach the league championship game under head coach Jay Gruden, who is now the offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals.
2012 (1/0, 0/0)
- Started the first game of his career at Buffalo (9/8).
- Started at fullback and caught his first career pass, a 4-yard reception vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12).
- Started and caught one pass for a career-long 15-yard gain at Atlanta (9/29).
- Compiled the first two rushes of his career for four yards and the first touchdown of his NFL career at Houston (12/1). Develin plunged into the end zone on a multiple-effort carry on the goal line in the third quarter. Also caught one pass for 12 yards.
2011 (0/0 – Cincinnati)
- Appeared in his first NFL game on special teams in the loss vs. San Francisco (12/16).
- Was inactive vs. Houston (12/10) and at Miami (12/2).
2010 (0/0 – Cincinnati)
- Spent the regular and postseason season as a member of the practice squad.
- Joined the practice squad for the final five games of the season after playing for the Florida Tuskers in the United Football League.
- Played four seasons on the defensive line at Brown.
- Recorded 53 total tackles, one interception, two fumble recoveries and led the team in sacks (5.0) and tackles for loss (16) as a senior.
- As a junior, posted 34 tackles, 3.0 sacks and 9.5 tackles for loss.
- Attended Boyertown Area Senior High School (Gilbertsville, Pa.) where he lettered in football and lacrosse.
- Named a football team captain and team MVP.
- Was named first-team all-area and all-county.
- Majored in engineering.