Justin Francis was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
Justin Francis was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 10, 2012. SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (10/0, 2/1)
- Made his first career start at right end in the playoffs vs. Baltimore (1/20) and made five tackles.
- Accumulated the first three sacks of his career as part of a seven-sack day for the defense in the regular-season finale win vs. Miami (12/30). The three sacks by Francis were tied fort the seventh-most in a single game in franchise history.
- Compiled a career-high five tackles in a reserve role vs. San Francisco (12/16).
- Played on defense for the first time in overtime win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/21).
- Made his professional debut, appearing on special teams and making one tackle at Seattle (10/14).
- Was active but did not play vs. Denver (10/7).
- Was inactive vs. Indianapolis (11/18) and for the first four games of the season.
- Appeared in 12 games in 2011, tallying 60 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 5 1/2 sacks, one fumble recovery, one interception and five passes defensed.
- Appeared in 11 games as a redshirt junior in 2010, registering 21 tackles, four tackles for loss, two sacks, one interception and two passes defensed.
- Played in all 12 games as a redshirt sophomore in 2009, totaling 14 tackles, five tackles for loss and 3 1/2 sacks.
- Redshirted in 2008.
- Appeared in seven games as a true freshman in 2007, recording seven total tackles.
- Born Feb 8, 1989.
- Majored in labor studies.