CAREER TRANSACTIONSKyle Arrington
was signed to the New England Patriots 53-man roster from the practice squad on Nov. 8, 2009 ... Originally signed by Philadelphia as a rookie free agent (4/28/08) ... Waived by Philadelphia (8/30/08) ... Signed by Philadelphia to the practice squad (9/3/08) ... Waived by Philadelphia from the practice squad (9/9/08) ... Signed by Tampa Bay to the practice squad on (9/17/08) ... Waived by Tampa Bay (9/5/09) ... Signed by Tampa Bay to the practice squad on (9/6/09) ... Signed by Tampa Bay to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/10/09) ... Waived by Tampa Bay on (9/14/09) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/21/09). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (16/12, 2/0)
- Tied Charles Woodson (Green Bay) and Eric Weddle (San Diego) for most interceptions in the league in 2011 with seven.
- Scored two touchdowns in 2010 - one on a blocked field goal at Miami (10/4) and the other on his first career interception vs. Green Bay (12/19).
- Notched multiple interceptions twice in 2011 - at Buffalo (9/25) and vs. Kansas City (11/21).
- Ended Buffalo's first two drives with interceptions in the first two-interception game of his career (9/25). He later picked off two Tyler Palko passes against Kansas City on Monday Night Football (11/21), racking up 44 yards in returns.
- Started the Divisional playoff game against the Broncos (1/14), forcing a special teams fumble, compiling 10 tackles, a pass defensed and one special teams stop.
2011 (16/14, 3/3)
- Started the first 10 games of the season at right corner. Moved to slot corner with the addition of Aqib Talib and the emergence of rookie Alfonzo Dennard.
- Started at right corner in place of an injured Alfonzo Dennard for final two games of the regular season.
- Tied season-high with seven tackles at Jacksonville (12/23). Also made one special teams tackle.
- Started in the win at St. Louis (10/28) but left during the first series of the game with a head injury.
- Started in the win at Tennessee (9/9). Made three tackles and deflected a second-quarter pass that was intercepted by Tavon Wilson in the end zone.
2010 (16/14, 1/1)
- Started 14 of 16 games and tied for the NFL lead with seven interceptions. Made 83 tackles and defensed 13 passes.
- Started all three playoff games and made 17 stops, two special teams tackles, defensed one pass and had one quarterback hit.
2009 (1/0 – Tampa Bay)
- Played 16 games with 14 starts and finished the season with a career-high 67 total tackles on defense, one interception, two touchdowns and 16 special team tackles.
- Moved into the starting lineup at cornerback in Week 3 vs. Buffalo (9/26).
- Made his first NFL start vs. Buffalo (9/26) and registered five tackles.
- Returned a blocked field goal by Patrick Chung 35 yards for a touchdown at Miami (10/4). It was the Patriots' first touchdown from a blocked field goal since Raymond Clayborn scored on a 71-yard return of a field goal blocked by Andre Tippett in 1987.
- Registered his first career interception and returned it 36 yards for a touchdown vs. Green Bay (12/19).
- Started at cornerback before being used as a rusher for much of the game, making three tackles and one special teams stop vs. Indianapolis (11/21).
2009 (8/0, 1/0 – New England)
- Went to training camp with Tampa Bay.
- Began the 2009 season on the Tampa Bay practice squad, but was signed to the 53-man roster prior to the Buccaneers' season-opener against Dallas (9/13).
- Saw action against Dallas, but did not have any tackles.
2008 (0/0 – Philadelphia/Tampa Bay)
- Signed to the New England practice squad on Sept. 21 after being waived by Tampa Bay on Sept. 14.
- Played in eight games with the Patriots and finished second on the team with 17 special teams tackles.
- Tallied five special teams tackles vs. Jacksonville (12/27), the highest single-game total by a Patriots player since the 2002 season (6, by Larry Izzo on 9/22/02).
- Recovered his first career fumble in the postseason game vs. Baltimore (1/10), picking up the ball at the Baltimore 16- yard line after a muffed punt in the second quarter to help set up a Patriots touchdown.
- Originally signed with Philadelphia as a rookie free agent.
- Spent one week on the Philadelphia practice squad and the final 14 weeks of the season on the Tampa Bay practice squad.
- Played at Hofstra.
- Recorded 53 tackles, one interception, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery during his senior season.
- Finished his career with two interceptions.
- Earned his degree in mass media studies.
2011 NFL LEADER
- Attended Gwynn Park High School in Brandywine, Md.
- Played football, basketball and ran track.
- Led high school to a regional championship and earned second-team all county honors during his senior year.
- Was a black belt in Tae Kwan Do in middle school.
- Born Kyle Chandler Arrington on Aug. 12, 1986 in Accokeek, Md.
- Married Vashonda Murphy on March 17, 2012.
Kyle Arrington, who had just two interceptions during his entire college career at Hofstra, tied for the NFL lead with a career-high seven interceptions in 2011. The last Patriots player to lead the league in interceptions was Asante Samuel with 10 in 2006. Arrington had two games in 2011 with two picks: at Buffalo on Sept. 25 and vs. Kansas City on Nov. 21. EXTRA POINTS
- Earned a black belt in Tae Kwan Do while he was in middle school.
- Performed in school plays during high school and would like to be an actor following his football career.