Sergio Brown was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent on April 29, 2010 ... Released by the Patriots (9/4/10)... Signed to the Patriots practice squad (9/6/10) ... Signed to the Patriots 53-man roster from the practice squad (10/23/10).
2011 (15/3, 3/0)
- Played in 15 games with three starts, contributing 30 tackles and nine special teams tackles.
- Saw action on special teams in all three playoff games, making two special teams tackles the Divisional playoff game against the Broncos (1/14) and one in the AFC Championship against the Ravens (1/22).
- Contributed two special teams tackles in a reserve role against the Bills (1/1).
- Made one tackle in a start against the Dolphins (12/24).
- Made seven solo tackles in a reserve role against the Broncos (12/18).
- Tallied two special teams tackles in a reserve role against the Eagles (11/27).
- Made one special teams tackle against the Chiefs (11/21)
- Played in a reserve role and on special teams against the Steelers (10/30), Giants (11/6), Jets (11/13), Colts (12/4) and Redskins (12/11).
- Was inactive against the Cowboys (10/16).
- Played in a reserve role against the Jets (10/9).
- Registered four tackles and a special teams tackle in a reserve role against the Raiders (10/2).
- Made six tackles in a loss against the Bills (9/25).
- Recorded his first career interception - a Philip Rivers pick at the New England 17-yard line. Held Chargers tight end Antonio gates without a reception and added 8 tackles in his first career start (9/18).
- Made three tackles and two special teams tackles in a reserve role against the Dolphins (9/12).
- Played in a reserve role as well as on special teams against the Lions (11/25) and Jets (12/6).
- Played in a reserve role and on special teams, making one special teams tackle against the Colts (11/21).
- Made three tackles and two special teams tackles in a reserve role against the Steelers (11/14).
- Saw time at safety in nickle packages against the Browns, as well as on special teams (11/7).
- Saw time in a reserve role on defense as well as on special teams against Minnesota, making one tackle (10/31).
- In his first NFL game, Wrapped up tight end Antonio Gates at the Patriots' 27 after an 8-yard completion late in the game on third and 10. The play left the Chargers short of a first down and forced them to attempt a game-tying field goal, which ultimately failed (10/24). Finished the game with five tackles.
- Signed to the 53-man roster from the Patriots practice squad on Oct. 23, 2010, the day before the Chargers game.
- After participating primarily on special teams during his first two seasons, became a starter midway through his junior season in 2008.
- Played in 44 games with 18 starts and finished with 89 total tackles.
- As a senior in 2009, started in 12 games and finished with 50 total tackles with one sack.
- As a junior in 2008, started in six of 13 games and finished with 28 tackles and one sack.
- Played on special teams and as a reserve in the secondary as a freshman and sophomore.
- Saw action in 11 of 13 games as a true freshman in 2006.
- Born May 22, 1988.
- Accounted for 710 all-purpose yards and scored four touchdowns as a senior wide receiver at Proviso East High School in Maywood, Illinois.
- Also had 41 tackles, two sacks and six interceptions as a senior safety.
- Majored in marketing.